PDA

View Full Version : New TOT Drop Sequence?

nightdesigns
12-15-2004, 06:53 AM
So any ideas when TOT will be switching over to the random drop sequences? I like the ride, but I know the sequence know. I'll be a lot more fun when you don't know which one is next.

fjhuerta
12-15-2004, 07:07 AM
AFAIK, it'll be a couple of years before that happens...

Jeremiah
12-15-2004, 11:22 PM
I heard that it should be coming around 2006 for a summer draw to DCA as part of the 5th bash for them.....wow almost 4years and 2 attractions (I still can't count Bugs Land as a attraction), a old cut down version of the MSEP, and 1 major show added to the park. Now lets see what we have lost how many shows, a parade, a worse then anything x-mas lagoon show, a few sponsers, and 2 attractions (1 being one of the 2 new attractions) gone. I enjoy DCA but I guess with that track record it shows why the park still is not the power house it should have been.

J

J

HorizonsA
12-16-2004, 12:16 PM
Although I love Tower of Terror, I now know the drop sequence by heart now. That needs to be changed. My brother is coming to visit for two weeks and he has not been on the ToT, so I'll be happy to see his reaction when we first drop.

kbanmen
12-16-2004, 01:20 PM
isnt there 3-4 different drop sequences now anyways.. The first time I went on tot we did 2 BIG drops, and the other times 3..once I actually had 4 BIG DROPS

tlovesdis
12-16-2004, 02:23 PM
isnt there 3-4 different drop sequences now anyways.. The first time I went on tot we did 2 BIG drops, and the other times 3..once I actually had 4 BIG DROPS

I think so! We went on it 7 times on our recent trip and it was different a few times. We were counting and one time we did 4 big drops and on another there were like 8 drops total.

Jeremiah
12-16-2004, 02:49 PM
Nope only one drop sequence at this time....I actully don't mind the drop sequence as much as I do the pre-show video. I used to love the video when i would visit Disney-MGM but seeing it like 10 times in one day really kills it. Also I have to say that Ca guest always seem to be a bit more rude then the Fl guest, no matter when I go on ToT someone has to keep on talking in the pre-show room.

J

kbanmen
12-16-2004, 03:11 PM
what do you mean one drop sequence at a time? (for all 6 elevators)..because one time I went on the left one..had the 2 drops..right away went on the middle one and had the 4 drops

itig
12-16-2004, 04:33 PM
I finally got to ride TOT on our trip last week. Wow, great stuff. I think the ride itself was long enough, but would love to have had more of the Twilight Zone special effects and video stuff added to the ride. It would have been fun to have stopped the dropping in the middle of the sequence, see another "floor" with stuff going on and then start the dropping again. Not a huge deal at all - I really loved the ride!

Disney Vault
12-16-2004, 06:52 PM
I went on the DCA ToT for the first time this past weekend and thought it was great. At WDW it was so much shorter and there was only one drop while at DCA you do the drops and then it brings you all the way back to the top to do it over again. If they add more sequences I hope they dont add any short ones like at WDW.

evrythngwmn
12-17-2004, 12:59 AM

You are correct. There are four drop sequences. I worked the construction and this is what WDI said.

Jeremiah
12-17-2004, 05:48 AM
what do you mean one drop sequence at a time? (for all 6 elevators)..because one time I went on the left one..had the 2 drops..right away went on the middle one and had the 4 drops

There is only one drop sequence for 2 of the 3 shafts. The shaft on the far right as you are looking at the tower has a diffrent start because of the set up of the tower itself. On the 2 you go up to the mirror scene then down to the hallway scene, but in the 3rd you go up to the mirror scene then up to the hallway scene. But from there it is only one drop profile, I am sure some people can tell you the exact sequence. As far as the 4 drop profiles that is what they have in Disney-MGM and it is set up as a random drop sequence where you never know what you are going to get.

J