PDA

View Full Version : Christmas parade

whosyourpal
12-14-2004, 06:55 PM
I just looked at darkbeers entire collection of christmas parade pictures, WOW.

I am realy looking forward to seeing the parade in 2 weeks.

In the past i have watched from the hub on main street, but it seems as though the parade tows thousands of people down the street after the parade.

Any suggestions or favorite places to see the parade from? :fez:

HorizonsA
12-14-2004, 10:49 PM
I never watch any parade from Main Street. The best spots I would suggest is on Matterhorn Way, where the Triton Gardens are. I ususally sit in the Small World Mall area usually towards the Gate where the parade comes out. I can't wait to see it, I love thew music and song that goes with it.

Darkbeer
12-15-2004, 12:13 AM
First off, thanks for the comments about my pictures....:fez:

I get to head up to the parks (and FINALLY get to ride Silver Bullet) after work today :)

As for the best place to see the parade, basically the parade is offered twice a day, so the first parade goes from the iasw area to the Town Square. The later parade goes from the Town Square back to the iasw area...

So it depends where you want to watch the parade from.... my pictures were from the first parade of the year, and I got to be in a special roped off location, basically right in front of the iasw, on the "other side" of the street.

Where to watch the parade, the iasw area is good for the first parade, early in the day, and if you are close to the gate, no foot traffic...

GoldenEars
12-15-2004, 09:54 AM
When seeing the parade, make sure you keep your eyes open for the step-mother and two step-daughters from Cinderella. Maybe it's just me, but I find those characters very entertaining and one of the best parts of the parade. :D