PDA

View Full Version : Mini-TR- Friday, December 10

adriennek
12-14-2004, 03:54 PM
I'm just going to type a brief report because I suspect someone else will post a much longer, much more detailed report shortly- HINT HINT HINT.

On Friday I cheated and checked M out of school early to go to DLR with two very good friends (mom and daughter) who were in town for a long weekend. (We shopped at CharmingShoppe, hit Tom's Farms and all our favorite local restaurants and interesting stores- my Target is apparently much larger than others-, too, but this is the DLR part...)

Because one of my friends has severe disabilities, we stopped first at City Hall to get a GAC. We had no problem getting a GAC at all and all of the CMs we encountered were very friendly. In fact, I would say that they were the friendliest when it came to handling the GAC that I've ever encountered. They were always happy to help and even if they couldn't get us on the ride right away, the addressed us right away to let us know what the timing was.

M hit 12 attractions, S hit 10, and that as in 6 hours with a stop for lunch.

M decided to try HMH this year. He never wants to ride the HM but when I was leaving to take the daughter while the mom watched the boys, he asked if it was too scary for him. I told him that I thought he could handle it if he wanted to try and he wanted to try. He was a little intimidated in the foyer and actually tried to run out of the room! I called him back, though, and he came right back. I told him it was too late to wait with the little boys, but if he could get through the first two rooms, they were the scariest part. After that he was fine. He even danced through the graveyard scene. And how many kids get to go backstage on HM and then watch the stretch room actually shrinking? ;)

The baby enjoyed Small World Holiday. The big boys did, too. I think the rest of the boat enjoyed watching the baby watch the ride though ;) It's really a shame that I took such a young baby who can't appreciate anything to DLR

Really cool part of the day: My friend with disabilities wore the Baby Bjorn and carried the baby while she rode in her wheelchair. She loved it and it saved us from having to drag around a stroller on top of her chair! When 3-year-old got tired, he got to ride on her lap and I carried the baby. It was a real shame that my friend had to spend all her time carrying around my kids on her lap. I could tell she was suffering ;) She won't stop telling her mom all about that Baby Bjorn!

At dinnertime, my friends whisked all three of my children away and gave my husband a "date night with his wife at DLR" for a belated birthday gift. We went on Tower of Terror. Yes, for the first time. Frankly, I don't need to do that again. If it had been any longer, I would've lost my lunch. But it was cool to ride it at night. I actually went into it knowing very little about it. I just knew that you fell. Riding at night was the best, though, and I would tell that to anyone in a heartbeat: ride it at night.

We went to French Market for dinner. (45 min line! Ugh!) I had the bones meal and I want to know what seasoning they put on those chicken legs. Yum. It was cajunish but not hot. The french fries were absolute icicles. Blech. I wish we'd gotten the deep fried cheesecake but we thought we'd have dessert later. Much later we had doughy churros. Should've had the fried cheesecake.

After HMH, we were passing the Mark Twain and saw that it would be taking off at 9:35, after fireworks. They told us we could watch the fireworks from the Twain, so we went for it. We watched from the top deck. As the finale started, the boat began to move. It stopped in front of NOS so we could watch the snow from the Twain. It was very nice. My only "complaint" was that we couldn't hear the music for the fireworks. It would've been nice if they piped it through the Twain's speakers. That and the people talking around us spoiled the mood a bit, but the music would've offset that. Picky Picky. Hey, how often do I get a romantic evening at the park with my husband? I have three kids!

We wandered down Main Street, listened to some piano, ate doughy churros, wished they still had hot cider at Town Square and headed home to three babies in bed, one babysitter asleep on the couch and one babysitter wondering why she wasted her time watching Doc's Princess Diaries 2 DVD while everyone else slept. But hey, saved them a rental fee or purchase price!

Adrienne

magicpointeshoe
12-14-2004, 04:02 PM
I'm just going to type a brief report because I suspect someone else will post a much longer, much more detailed report shortly- HINT HINT HINT.

We went to French Market for dinner. (45 min line! Ugh!)

Mwahahahahaha! We were in that line. And then I walked over to the Stagedoor Cafe for the chicken strips that Juliet wanted. Nevermind that line was 5 people deep, we waited almost an hour because I really did find the slowest cashier known to mankind. :rolleyes:

rentayenta
12-14-2004, 04:05 PM
I would love a little time alone with DH at Disneyland; I'm very jealous!

Where is The Charming Shoppe?

MammaSilva
12-14-2004, 04:09 PM
It sounds like a wonderful day/evening...and you are DARN LUCKY that you have friends that think babysitting all 3 of your fantastic children is a great birthday gift ;)

MammaSilva
12-14-2004, 04:11 PM

I can't tell you how to get there but here is a link .....but it should come with a warning ;)

http://www.charmingshoppe.com/

adriennek
12-14-2004, 10:18 PM

It's just a few miles from the park, north up Harbor. Here's a link (http://www.charmingshoppe.com/directory.cfm?FPID=1) to the directions, address, and store hours. As MammaSilva said, it needs to come with a warning. Bring your wallet, you will need it. The stuff is so cute and it's rather reasonably priced, too. I could go on forever about my favorite lines. It's awesome. I was able to make a purchase a series very near and dear to my heart - and while I was in there I found the perfect Christmas gift for my mother and a perfect ornament for myself, and I had to say "no" to several other items!

Adrienne

adriennek
12-14-2004, 10:21 PM
It sounds like a wonderful day/evening...and you are DARN LUCKY that you have friends that think babysitting all 3 of your fantastic children is a great birthday gift ;)

Well, I'm even luckier that they do it with joyful and free hearts. I'm very picky about who watches my children and yet some of my very best sitters I've found on the internet among Disney friends. Go Figure.

Now I'm just waiting for my :cough: friend :cough: to post her TR about Friday.... And Saturday... And part of the day Sunday... because she had some awesome experiences to share. HINT HINT HINT

Adrienne

12-15-2004, 06:01 AM
What a lovely day. Here's to mini-vacations!

rentayenta
12-15-2004, 11:59 AM
The CharmingShoppe is fantastic!. You are a bad girl MammaSilva for giving me that link ;)