PDA

View Full Version : Closed for refurbishment

junecleaver
12-14-2004, 03:19 PM
My family has booked a trip to DL for early March. I just checked for an updated refurb list and saw that 7 attractions will be closed. Of course they are all things I love. Sorry to complain but my question is does Disney stick to their refurb schedule or do they sometimes open things a little early? Most of the attractions are supposed to open 2 days after we leave, and we can't change our ressies.

Is it wishfull thinking? My DD would love the Tiki room :crying:

mystycalchyk
12-14-2004, 03:25 PM
You're going to see alot of 'closed for reburbishments' till the 50th. They are working feverishly to get it all ready by then.

Emma
12-14-2004, 03:31 PM
I hate to say it June, but usually, if anything, they go over their refurb schedule, vs. finishing early.

Sorry to hear about your trip. I went in September and the castle was covered up, and several really good rides were down, so I know what a bummer it is.

Good Luck. :)

Surfingstitch
12-14-2004, 03:36 PM
I got lucky.

Everything was up during my trip almost two weeks ago.

The only things down were the sailing ship columbia, Tiki Room, Bengal BBQ and of course Space Mountain.

junecleaver
12-14-2004, 03:44 PM
disney with rides closed is still better than no disney. I guess we will just have to go again. :)

wishIwasthe_Mouse
12-14-2004, 03:47 PM
i have been back and forth over the last few months and a lot has closed and reopened. seeing the castle slowly revieled was realy neat for me it was almost like a whole new part of DL. Seeing it covered was a little wiered it realy made the park feel unfinished

Uncle Remus
12-14-2004, 06:07 PM
I went to disneyland during the summer and btmrr was closed and the cast members were saying two weeks till it opened... That same day me and my friend were chilling out in front of the attraction wait times sign and some lady started saying "Big Thunder is open" and some other stuff we didnt really understand. We asked her if she wasnt just pulling our leg, and after a wait of 10 LOOOONG seconds she finally said "ya its open" so we ran and rode it. The funny thing was, that it closed down 20 mins after we rode it :). Ive never been so happy, so I would hold out hope for atleast one attraction opening cause u never know.

kbanmen
12-14-2004, 06:11 PM
this summer thunder railroad was closed yet again, due to another derailment during the test run in the morning..

Uncle Remus
12-14-2004, 06:15 PM
this summer thunder railroad was closed yet again, due to another derailment during the test run in the morning..
LOL! i would definetly risk my life for that ride.