PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Balcony

Pages : [1] 2

Surfingstitch
12-14-2004, 08:13 AM
Has anyone done balcony seating? Has anyone done seating for this? How much is it? Do you recommend it?

sediment
12-14-2004, 08:17 AM
1. Yes, some people here have done it.
2. See #1.
3. Plenty.
4. No, but I'm cheap.

Surfingstitch
12-14-2004, 08:25 AM
I always get a great laugh from your respronses

Thanks!!!

stan4d_steph
12-14-2004, 08:26 AM
If you do a search on "Fantasmic balcony" in this forum, you'll find a lot of previous threads with people sharing their experiences. I've been once and it was fantastic. Back when I did it (2001), the cost was about $45. Here's an article (http://www.mouseplanet.com/kevin/ky010510.htm) on MousePlanet from 2001 that contains a photo of the vantage point from the Gallery balcony.

If you can fit it in your budget, I would recommend it. It's a great experience.

mystycalchyk
12-14-2004, 08:28 AM
Its wonderful IMO, and a bit expensive but I always enjoy it. IIRC it's around $45 per person, and pretty much sells out as soon as they are available. You may call 30 days in advance and book seating, I encourage you to get on the horn starting at 7:59 am on the 30th day before. By 5 after 8 they are known to be sold out for both showings.

dlandnut
12-14-2004, 08:32 AM
My family and I (four of us) have done it once. It is certainly worth doing once. The seating is superb, a birds-eye view of Fantasmic without all the crowds and distractions. The dessert buffet is great, although it would have been nice if there had been some "non-sugar" option for guests who can't tolerate a whole lot of sugar (like cheese/crackers or similar). It is definitely worth doing once, and now I can say I've done it, but probably wouldn't expend that kind of money again. But if you've got the cash, go for it! :)

wishIwasthe_Mouse
12-14-2004, 08:35 AM
i think fantasmic is good from any view spot for it. except the handicap area where the people in weelchairs have to strain there neck to see anything. unless im wrong and they finally move the handicap area... i like that fantasmic is closed at the moment. takeing the MT around toms island is great at night.

Terri
12-14-2004, 10:25 AM
I couldn't get the balcony, but we did get the water seating - it was very nice and worth it once in awhile - say with visitors or special occasions. The deserts were yummy - but chock full of sugar! I wanted to get my money's worth so a lot wound up in my bag :p .

I don't remember the price - but I think I spent about $80 for two of us.

Stupid_American
12-14-2004, 12:06 PM
We did the balcony, last May, for our anniversary.
It was $49/person.

I called at 08:00, 30 days before the desired date.
We were 4th in line for seating.
You are seated in the order you were booked.

There's all-you-want beverages and desserts.
Disney does some tasty desserts!

It's definitely a nice treat.

Surfingstitch
12-14-2004, 12:30 PM
Wow,

fourth in line at 8:00am.

Does that mean everyone has to stand in line?

MammaSilva
12-14-2004, 12:40 PM
It means that your reservation is "time/date" stamped and you get seated in the order that Disney got your money, in the old days you had to physically go sit in front of guest services and camp out for same day tickets.....it was a pain in the tush but actually a part of the whole experince ...the war stories from how early you needed to be there, to the fun stories of being first in line and buying out the entire balcony for a special event!....if you call and you are the 5th caller then the other 4 reservations get to pick their seats before they let you out on to the balcony. I don't know the current cost but I highly recommend it if it's in your budget. I recommend the first show if it's on a firework night since they used to allow the guests to stay on the balcony to watch the fireworks and the sound system on the balcony is da bomb for hearing the soundtrack.

Stupid_American
12-14-2004, 12:57 PM
Mamma's correct; your seat is reserved in the order it was booked.
You pick up your balcony ticket at Guest Services before you enter the park.

They begin seating/serving, about a half hour before your show.
You check in at the Disney Gallery.

Mickeyslittlehelper
12-14-2004, 02:12 PM
Are you sure it is still 30 days or can you book earlier? I am just worried that the 50th is going to be a busy time and I want to make sure I can get tickets.

Thanks

mystycalchyk
12-14-2004, 02:19 PM
30 days in advance is the max at this point.

I too used to like the getting up at 4 am to stand in line. Call me a phreak but I enjoyed it.

Emma
12-14-2004, 02:26 PM
30 days in advance is the max at this point.

I too used to like the getting up at 4 am to stand in line. Call me a phreak but I enjoyed it.

phreak.

:eek: :p

wishIwasthe_Mouse
12-14-2004, 02:27 PM
lol if i had to get up that early to stand in line.. its bad enough i have to get up early to make the drive up. but at the same time i love it. i know what your saying mystycalchyk

mystycalchyk
12-14-2004, 02:27 PM
phreak.

:eek: :p

*cracks up*

MammaSilva
12-14-2004, 02:31 PM
Ok mystycalchyk, you've obviously had the pleasure of the "old" version of the balcony when there were only 15/16 folks allowed at a time and it was a buffet in the true sense where you got to have as much as you wanted of the TO DIE FOR yummies....

Here's the point of this....what is the earliest you went over to camp for tickets ....my last campout was while DCA was under construction, I was there with 30 near and dear friends and family members so we needed all but 2 seats on both shows....I left the park at midnight and went and got my 'camping gear' a folding stool, a backpack with munchies and entertainment and went back and camped out...we picked a magic morning day because guest services opened earlier...I was there less than an HOUR before the next campers showed up :) we had a blast, security said we were certified insane but allowed us to hang out ..... ahhhhhh the good old days :)

mystycalchyk
12-14-2004, 02:40 PM
wow....OK I never got in line quite that early, but we have gotten up around 3 and gotten into line by 4 and managed to be first in line. Other times we got there as late as 5 and were still 3rd or 4th in line. But I also only ever needed 2 seats, never all of them as you did, so I think had I needed that many I would have done the same as you.

I like being there that early and hanging out with other people as geeky as me. Kind of validates my own obsessive geekiness :fez:

Just like on NYE when I get there first thing to be there at rope drop and stake out my spot first thing and never leave all day.

*owns her geekiness*

Surfingstitch
12-14-2004, 02:42 PM
I get it now.

Thanks for all of the great stories.

MammaSilva
12-14-2004, 02:43 PM
I'd camped out other times when we only needed a "normal" family number of tickets but we had to be sure to be first in line for that one so that was why I did the all nighter.....I went back and napped til 1ish then hit the park with the rest of the family/friends. The other two people were so much fun, they declared them selves long lost cousins for the night :)

Surfingstitch
12-14-2004, 02:45 PM
Who do we call for reservations?

mystycalchyk
12-14-2004, 02:50 PM
Call 714-781-DINE

Surfingstitch
12-14-2004, 02:51 PM
Thanks!!

DaddyB
12-14-2004, 03:54 PM
I called earlier this afternoon. Here's the scoop (and the differences from last year)

EITHER the Balcony (outside of the gallery) or the Premium Seating (just to the left of the control board at ground level) are $49.35

PREMIUM is now a BOXED serving of a dessert, and a drink. (last year this was a dessert bar and unlimited drinks). There is a $10 discount for children in the PREMIUM area ONLY. (Don't ask me what age that is. I didn't ask)

BALCONY is now an ALL YOU CARE TO EAT DESSERT BUFFET with drinks. There are only 21 seats per showing.

So this is a switch from when I went last year. It's interesting that they're both the same price now. I forsee the Balcony selling out even faster!

(ps- I don't recall if there was tax added on to the price.)

When I called this afternoon, there were no Balcony seats available from Friday through Sunday... but there were some Premium seats.

You DO NOT make reservations through 714-781-DINE. They will just transfer your call to this number: 714-781-4400 (this is what happened to me).