PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Back From DL/DCA Last Night....

QueenAlisha
12-13-2004, 09:36 PM
We had a wonderful time! it was a great girls weekend. i will you give you the day by day break down.

Friday (Day1/2)
We Left home at around 11 A.M., we drove 3 1/2 hours to my best friend aunts house, we went to chick something or other at the mall for dinner. they had good chicken nuggets. So after that and getting stuf in traffic for 30 mins. we got to our hotel at around 7:00pm. We stayed at ramada maingate, it was a nice little hotel. However it was not worth the big price tag. it was clean and smelled yummy. After we got settled we made a suprise (only to me) trip to disneyland, and i got a Annual Pass from my bestfriend. I was suprised and excited too. it is my first AP ever! That line took about 45min.-1hour. it was worth it, we paid and i got my picture taken (the worst picture ever) and we were on our way. As we were walking by Matterhorn, we noticed there was not line at all, so we decided to hop on. it was great, we had a good time on it, its been so long since i have been on it. then we decided to head of to Small World, the line was the longest i have ever seen it. (by this time it was just after the firworks and snow) It ended up being a 30 min wait, which was well worth it. we took many great pictures of the out side and such. Then we headed back over the the pin shop and got our free pin and lanyard. (perfect new holder for my perfect new pass) then we headed to the hotel and after having some sort of giggling fit, we went to sleep.

Saturday (Day 2)
We got up bright and early saturday morning.(aorund 6:30-7:00) we were so excited, but decied we would stop and gwet our free breakfast. I was nasty. the juice was nasty, the muffins were hard and the toast was too. that was all there was, so we heaed to disneyland and ate at the carnation cafe, we had mickey waffels, they were super yummy! after that we headed over and got a ECV. Then it was off to indy, and the HM. we did however get one very rude comment from a mother about the ECV. It upset me alot, had it not been at disneyland i would have called her a very nasty name. After that it took some conving for us to get rachel to ride in again, but she needed and you could tell. We went to toon town and walked around a bit and then headed to Snow White. We waited for what seemed to be forever and had a pretezel while we did. We watched the show, and it was cute. After that we had some lunch, again at the carnation cafe. it was a club corrisant snadwich, it was good. Then rach's mom staked out a palce for ther 4pm showing of the christmas parade while we shopped. we got done shopping just in time to see the carolers, the were wonderful. We watched the parade, it was cute. None of us had seen it before. we decided to heqad over to DCA since DL was so packed (all yuou could see was people everywhere) DCA wasnt crowed at all. it was nice, we headed over to sorian over calfornia, which we did single rider we didnt have to wait in line and all got on at the same time. after that we walked around and looked around took pictures and the like. by 5:00 pm we were ready to eat. after much more walking and deciding, we decided the eat at the itilan place. (not sure of the name) we waited about 30 mins. to be seated. i ordered a chicken snadwich, rach got something and debbie got lasgna i think. it was the nasiest food and worst service i have ever had. gross :( so needless to say, we were starving. We decided to head over to the front to do some shopping, and shopping we did, amougnst the things we got were 12 peices of fudge, a hge rice crispy treat and a huge white choclate chip cookie. after grabing something to drink, we munched on our junk food while we waited for the elecrtic parade. the parade was awesome, we loved it. after that we headed back to the motel. The fog that rolled in was an amazing sight, it was so pretty. it looked enchanting. after watching some tv and talking we headed to be for a semi early night.

Sunday (Day 2 1/2)
We had planned on going to DCA for the day. So we slept in ot tried to at least, starting at about 7 am the kids above us started runnong and bouncing balls and being loud. finally at 8 i just go up. we got packed up and headed to Mc D's for a quick bite to eat and a soda. Then we headed to DCA and got there at 9:3am, we headed over to the roped off area of Hollywood back lot for TOT (a little story, i am so afraid of heights and free falling, and the kind CM matt who was working the parade, talked ot me for a bit abot the ride and what it was like, this is the only reason i went one it) we were one of the first to go on it, i was so afraid, i cried. i almsot bailed at the last sec. but it was too late, the Cm waved by and shut the door. and off we went. It was great, it wasnt the same feeling as mail boomer (which i am afriad of) i kinda liked it. So in honor of this feat of mine debbie bought us TOT pins. they are very cute! we also decided to use this as our free photo that we had, since the picture is so funny. then we headed to Mc D's (again) for some food. after that we headed to the roller coaster but i bailed on it because i wasnt feeling well. Mc D's 2 times in one day does not agree with me. we waited as rach went on mailboomer, because she is nuts. then we headed to the farries wheel. once around is all we went and had to get off, poor debbie looked like she was gonna puke. the lady wasnt gonna stop for us, but the guy did. which i know pissed the lady off becuas eshe called us stupid people. Oh well. then over the the little store where we all bought a few things. then it was off to get a soda and see golden dreams. the ending was good. the whoppi staute kinda was freaky. not sure about that one. by this time it was time to see aliddin and use the prefered seating, we sat front row center. waht a great show. the guy who was the genie was great, he had me laughing so hard i was crying! it was 1000 times better than snow white. we had a great time. after that it was one last stop at WOD, then we headed back to rachels aunts house to say goodbye and such and we were off. after alot of traffic a couple stops we got home at around 10pm last night. we had such a great time. i cant wait to go again next month!
i am sure i may have left a fe things out but this is kinda the overall effect. Best time yet!
:

rentayenta
12-14-2004, 03:53 AM
WOW! I need a friend that will buy me and annual pass :D That is terrific.

Was the crappy Italian food place in DCA or DL? I hope it wasn't Rocket Redd's because I love that place.

What is an ECV?

It sounds like you had a great trip. You report is making me hungry.

QueenAlisha
12-14-2004, 07:23 AM
An eletric convinance vichel = ECV

No the place was in DCA. it looked nice but it tasted so bad.

PsychDoc
12-14-2004, 07:38 AM
Wow, that surprises me. I thought it would be good. Glad I didn't make PS for that place. Except for the food, it sounds like you had a great time.

kbanmen
12-14-2004, 07:46 AM
sounds like you guys had a great time with the exception of the lady making a rude comment about the electric wheelchair ..I would have said something to her..You must have good control..(I have a big mouth)..glad you guys had a great time

vangrizz
12-14-2004, 07:50 AM
Don't you feel sorry for people who are having such a bad time at Disneyland that it bothers them if somebody gets in their way? Glad you were able to ignore them and enjoy your time there.

You don't like Mailboomer......I guess the Big Shot on the Strat is out right?

QueenAlisha
12-14-2004, 08:10 AM
It's way way way out. just looking at it makes me sick. Mailboomer is the only ride that has ever made me puke. never again.

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
12-14-2004, 09:05 AM
hey i was there at the same weekend! yessss!! i had a lot of fun as well although the crowds were out of control, way to many people there for me but hey...it christmas time at DLR. highlight of the weekend....Rod inviting my friend and i to view the fireworks with him. the nicest guy in the world...and at times the oddest one too ;)

wishIwasthe_Mouse
12-14-2004, 09:12 AM
sorry to hear mailiboomer made you puke. i love that ride.