PDA

View Full Version : DLR hotel parking/resort fees

rentayenta
12-13-2004, 06:42 PM
I am wondering if and how much the DLH charges for parking and/or a resort fee? Is this something that I will pay upon check-out or is it included in the price of the room? I have already paid for my room.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
12-13-2004, 06:47 PM
I believe we paid 9 dollars a day for the resort fee and that included self parking.

It's an additional 12 per day for valet. At the DLH there really isn't any reason not to self park , the lot is close by.

tlovesdis
12-13-2004, 08:47 PM
If you did a package deal through Disney Travel, you have already paid it. If not, then it will be billed to your room.

Nancy
12-13-2004, 09:09 PM
Is it worth the extra couple of bucks to use the valet service? Doesn't seem like it's that much more. And are cars broken it to much in the parking lots. (I'm really not paranoid, we just bought a brand new car.)

evrythngwmn
12-14-2004, 02:04 AM
at the Paradise Pier and Disneyland hotel I believe the valet parked cars are parked in the same area as self park vehicles. The only difference is the valet goes and gets it for you. Disney's Grand Californian is the only one where valet has a real advantage. Self park is across the street and valet parked cars are in a secured lot next to the hotel.

Oh and the fee is the regular parking fee plus the valet fee combined per day. Not one or the other.

rentayenta
12-14-2004, 02:53 AM
We purchased our package through Getawaytoday and I have no clue if the fee was included. I guess I will have to call.

I did email Vacation Planning and they told me that there are no hidden or additional charges :confused:

We will only be needing our car for one day so it looks like self park will be the way to go.

Wendi
12-14-2004, 07:50 AM
I always book with getawaytoday and they don't charge you the resort fee. I actually called them this time to find out ahead of our trip to make sure the hotel wouldn't be charging us an extra daily fee or anything. You're all set!!! Enjoy!!!

Nancy
12-14-2004, 08:20 AM
I booked at the DLH directly through the Hotel with the AP discount so I guess they will charge every extra possible charge. It sure won't kill us to walk a couple extra steps to self park. Thanks for the advise!!

stan4d_steph
12-14-2004, 08:29 AM
If you booked through Disneyland reservations, they should have told you about the resort fee. This is not just a parking fee, so you will be charged it even if you don't have a car.

rentayenta
12-14-2004, 09:19 AM
I always book with getawaytoday and they don't charge you the resort fee. I actually called them this time to find out ahead of our trip to make sure the hotel wouldn't be charging us an extra daily fee or anything. You're all set!!! Enjoy!!!

Very cool, thanks :)

Nancy
12-14-2004, 04:42 PM
I did know about the resort fee but I wasn't sure about parking options. You know how you think of a million questions AFTER you hang up the phone!!

Christiii
12-14-2004, 06:29 PM
the Hojo doesnt charge for parking OR resort fees!! Plus FREE dsl internet and the rooms look just like the DL hotel rooms..maybe bigger, all for about 1/4 the price...can you tell Im a new Hojo devotee? I used to ONLY stay at the DL hpotel, now I just cant make myself pay the price, when the Hojo is so wonderful :D