PDA

View Full Version : preferred seating

whosyourpal
12-13-2004, 06:36 PM
I just recieved my Disney Vacation package in the mail. It had the park tickets along with some extra goodies. $10 game card for ESPN, and a little something called preferred seating!!! could someone brief me on How, What When and Where i can use "preferred seating" :fez:

Wendi
12-13-2004, 07:30 PM
It is most likely for shows like Aladdin or Snow White. If you just get to choose one show, I would go with Aladdin, you shouldn't have much of a problem getting choice seats for Snow White, but sometimes the wait for Aladdin is quite long.

marktips
12-13-2004, 07:40 PM
You sure its not "Priority Seating" for dining? Those arrangements can be made by calling: (714) 781-DINE.

I scoured the DL website and couldn't find any mention of "preferred seating" sorry :(

marktips
12-13-2004, 07:42 PM
Found it!!

It gets you preferred seating (same thing as priority seating) at DCA shows. Aladdin, Tough to be a Bug, Millionaire, and Muppetvision.

Earkid
12-13-2004, 07:44 PM
Yes, Disney Travel includes Preferred Seating tickets for certain shows. Usually you just have to show up to the appropriate theatre at least 30 min before show time and show your ticket to the CM forming the lines. They will direct you to a special line and you will get in before everyone else and get to sit in seats really close to the action. We did this last year at Aladdin. Great show - I agree w/ Wendi, pick that one.

The Mouse Is Back
12-13-2004, 07:45 PM
I read a post recently here on the board about "preferred seating" for Aladdin being part of a package.

If it is part of your package, good on you - but when I've asked the Aladdin CMs a couple of times about that, they've denied there is any such thing and say that the seating at Hyperion is first come, first served. Although they did tell me there has been a problem with people getting in line and then saving sometimes entire rows of seats for other members of their party, which (IMO) is not exactly kosher.

Now I'm wondering if what I was told wasn't correct. Are there guests who get preferred seating at Aladdin, or not? And what about Fantasmic? Other than the balcony seating, I mean.

:confused:

-Allegra-

marktips
12-13-2004, 07:46 PM
Yes, Disney Travel includes Preferred Seating tickets for certain shows. Usually you just have to show up to the appropriate theatre at least 30 min before show time and show your ticket to the CM forming the lines. They will direct you to a special line and you will get in before everyone else and get to sit in seats really close to the action. We did this last year at Aladdin. Great show - I agree w/ Wendi, pick that one.

Wow, that easy eh? At WDW they have to make ressies for the show in advance, no walkups :P

The Mouse Is Back
12-13-2004, 07:46 PM
Hmmm, well I guess Earkid answered that question.

Now why was I told by the attraction CMs that there is no preferred seating at the shows?? :|

-Allegra-

marktips
12-13-2004, 07:48 PM
I read a post recently here on the board about "preferred seating" for Aladdin being part of a package.

If it is part of your package, good on you - but when I've asked the Aladdin CMs a couple of times about that, they've denied there is any such thing and say that the seating at Hyperion is first come, first served. Although they did tell me there has been a problem with people getting in line and then saving sometimes entire rows of seats for other members of their party, which (IMO) is not exactly kosher.

Now I'm wondering if what I was told wasn't correct. Are there guests who get preferred seating at Aladdin, or not? And what about Fantasmic? Other than the balcony seating, I mean.

:confused:

-Allegra-

It's part of the resort magic package. And Disneyland's website say yes, it is for Aladdin - but perhaps its like Beauty and the beast at MGM which only does so for one showing each day?

Earkid
12-13-2004, 07:50 PM
Now why was I told by the attraction CMs that there is no preferred seating at the shows?? :| -Allegra-

Maybe they thought you were talking about making reservations like at a restaurant. I know these preferred seating tickets exist because we used them last year and my brother got tickets with his trip this year (they are pink) but we didn't use them because the parks were dead when we went in Sept. Yeah!

marktips
12-13-2004, 07:53 PM
Maybe they thought you were talking about making reservations like at a restaurant. I know these preferred seating tickets exist because we used them last year and my brother got tickets with his trip this year (they are pink) but we didn't use them because the parks were dead when we went in Sept. Yeah!

The funny thing being, for WDW you have to make reservations for the shows like restaurants to use that package benefit. Odd world eh?

Earkid
12-13-2004, 07:59 PM
The funny thing being, for WDW you have to make reservations for the shows like restaurants to use that package benefit. Odd world eh?

Yes, they do a lot of things differently at WDW then at Disneyland, a whole different breed out there I say.

All I can comment on is my experience using the tickets. If the parks are packed all bets may be off. We actually asked the CM at the Hyperion how to use them and that is what we were told.

QueenAlisha
12-13-2004, 08:39 PM
We were just there on Sunday, and used our prefered seating. you line up like everyone else (thew line for aliddian is huge, get there 30+ min. early) and as you walk in there were be a cast member to you left standing behind a gold podem, they will take your ticket and show you where to stand. Yes you get in first and get to pick your seat. But you must must must get there early, they only allow like 30-35 prefured seating per show, so if they are gone, your outta luck. We sat up front and it was great, its an awesome show.

whosyourpal
12-14-2004, 05:46 AM
A big thank you to everyone, Alladin it is and we will be certain to arrive 30 minutes prior.

Thank you!