PDA

View Full Version : Adriennes 'B-day' MP column...

Doodle Duck
12-07-2001, 09:15 AM
The real sadness is...like in the Wizard Of Oz...once you see the 'fraud' behind the curtain, it is near impossible to recover the 'magic'...
There are too many of us who, over the past few years, have gotten the 'peak' we didn't need to see.:crying:

btw: If Addriene Vincent is in Pheonix...how does she get to go to DL so often? :D :D :D

(Subject line edited for misspelling by adrienne k)

bluepearl
12-07-2001, 10:39 AM
On Wednesday, I didn't get to meet the Adrienne that wrote the b-day column, but I did get to meet Adrienne K. I don't think Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix is from Phoenix - the way I read your comment, I'm guessing you mistook Phoenix for the city? Or I'm just misreading it. But I think she's from California. :shrug:

As for losing the magic, I know a bit about the shady side of Disney (from reading here on MP), but going to Disneyland is still a great experience for me. It brightens my day, especially when I seem to be having so many bad ones lately.

lisap
12-07-2001, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by bluepearl
I don't think Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix is from Phoenix - the way I read your comment, I'm guessing you mistook Phoenix for the city? Or I'm just misreading it. But I think she's from California. :shrug:

Unless he's finally had a stroke, I think Doodle is joking.

innerSpaceman
12-07-2001, 11:45 AM
So sorry Adrienne seemed to have a bummer of a day. I, too, was disappointed by the quick sell-out of birthday cake and by the lack of commemorative merchandise. And I never did manage to find a grilled cheese sandwich (where were they?) But as I was not relying on the Company to do anything to celebrate the occasion, their understated ceremony was fine by me and I relied upon other guests and fellow MousePadders to supply the energy and excitement that the occasion called for.

As Adrienne so accuarately put it: "Disneyland - Where visitors put more meaning into the day than does the company." What else could be expected nowadays? As I have said in my exortations to come to the MousePad Meet, it's up to us to save Walt's Birthday from drudgery.

By the way, thanks to Adrienne for my honorable mention in the section about the Mouse-Pad meet. I am referred to twice by my other alias, "Someone." That's me, InnerSpaceMan aka Someone.

The opening day speech replay was a nice touch. The closure of the Mark Twain was a nasty touch. It was a mixed bag. MousePadders saved the day as far as I am concerned.

bluepearl
12-07-2001, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by lisap
Unless he's finally had a stroke, I think Doodle is joking.

Ah, I see it now. ;)

zapppop
12-07-2001, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by DoodleDuck(A.E)
If Addriene Vincent is in Pheonix...how does she get to go to DL so often?

AMTRAK

Nigel2
12-07-2001, 10:02 PM
Or SW airlines.

AIRLINE
12-08-2001, 12:07 AM
America West is the ONLY airline to serve ALL 5 southern California airports (Burbank, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Ontario and Santa Ana) from Phoenix.

Also, United offers service on the PHX-LAX route.

Ace
12-08-2001, 10:05 AM
shame! SHAME ON ALL OF YOU!!! I challenge any of you to find a more magical place on earth than Disneyland!

innerSpaceman
12-08-2001, 10:30 AM
Relax Squinky. Did I not say in this thread that I had a most wonderful day on Walt's B-Day? I will acknowledge that Disneyland is the happiest place on earth, it's just that it's not quite as happy as it has been (and hopefully may be again some day). Not to pull rank on you or anything, but keep in mind that I've been going to Disneyland twice as long as you've been alive, young man.

Anyway, what are you doing posting today? I though this was your big weekend at the 'Resort.' Turns out I will be at the 'Resort' tomorrow, but only at DCA - so won't be able to make your Splash Meet. I am no longer an APer, so I'm just using the DCA half of my double park ticket from Walt's Birthday. My girlfriend has never been to DCA and this will probably be my last visit there till ToT is installed. Sorry to be missing you, but I'm sure I will feel your energy and excitement in the air from the park on the wrong side of the tracks.

Not Afraid
12-08-2001, 11:14 AM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but here's a link to the WD Family Museum that has some birthday celebration stuff.

http://www.disney.go.com/disneyatoz/waltdisney/home.html (http://)