PDA

View Full Version : How long do they keep Lost & Found items?

80S ERA
12-07-2001, 08:35 AM
Just wondering if anyone knew just how long recovered items are kept in DL's Lost & Found. In 1987, I lost something of some importance to me while at the park. I never bothered to check to this day.

It would be nice if they still had the "item"...:cool:

donkthemagicllama
12-07-2001, 08:41 AM
Well, I lost my backpack there, and filled out a lost and found report that day. I was touring with a marching band at the time, and didn't return for 3 days. When I did return, and checked with Lost and Found on Main Street, my backpack was listed as found, but also as shipped. When I returned home 3 days later, my backpack was waiting for me, shipped (for free! although the Canadian government customs agency charged me about $7 for something or another) via FedEx.

I must say I was most impressed.

But, I doubt if they store things for over a decade. If you reported it, they would have sent it, if not, probably threw out/gave it away.

Donk

driftwood714
12-07-2001, 08:46 AM
Most items stay for about 2 to 3 weeks. (Usually 2 weeks max). Hats stay for about 4 to 6 days.. After that it goes to Goodwill who does a Lost and Found Sale about twice a year. If one comes around and I hear about it, I'll post the date and time. Usually it's at the Santa Ana Goodwill on a Sat morning.

80S ERA
12-07-2001, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by donkthemagicllama
But, I doubt if they store things for over a decade. If you reported it, they would have sent it, if not, probably threw out/gave it away.

Donk

You're probaly right -- or else the lost & found would be a huge warehouse of unclaimed stuff. I never did bother reporting it missing. But it was a 10-page letter that would mean alot to me if found.

mcampisi
12-07-2001, 09:56 AM
Funny you mentioned that. I left a purple Mickey hat in club 33, I filed a report on it that same day (I mean how "lost" can something get in Club 33) and I never heard about it again. I can't imagine they keep things for more than a year that they can't identify (wallet, ID, etc).

80S ERA
12-07-2001, 10:01 AM
Your hat probaly ended up the same way my $150 sunglasses did...

Finder's keepers!:rolleyes:

Mad Madam Mim
12-07-2001, 10:16 AM
Sparky lost her bear bear... we never got it back.

I hope it made some other kid as happy as it made her.:crying:

adriennek
12-07-2001, 11:56 AM
A few weeks ago, we lost a major piece of electronic equipment and thank GOODNESS someone was honest enough to turn it in!! We had it back within a couple of hours of losing it.

Unfortunately, on Wednesday, I lost my denim Baby Bjorn (we had the extra large straps on it at the time.) I'm CRUSHED. I'm so upset. Any Mom who's had a perfect sling will understand. And this particular brand is not inexpensive. It's worth every penny, but it's not cheap. I really hoped that someone would turn it in but so far it hasn't been.

I'm not that optimistic that we're gonna find it. I think if we were, it would have been found by now. I just don't really have it in my budget to replace it with the holidays here, but I can't imagine NOT replacing it. Ugh.

I hope that whoever found it makes good use of it but at the same time, I wish their karma everything they have coming for not turning it in, darn it!

Adrienne K

mad4mky
12-07-2001, 12:12 PM
My daughter lost a library book at the Disneyland Hotel. Called and called for weeks to see if it got turned in. We even knew EXACTLY where she left it.

Never got it back...and had to pay the library like a good citizen does. My daughter learned a valuable lesson at the same time.

innerSpaceman
12-08-2001, 05:13 AM
I have lost both the proverbial hats and glasses. Hat blew off on the Matterhorn. Oh-oh. Sunglasses somehow disappeared on Splash Mountain. Never got either of them back. Bah!

jslivinski
12-19-2001, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Mad Madam Mim
Sparky lost her bear bear... we never got it back.

I hope it made some other kid as happy as it made her.:crying:

My heart breaks for her. My son lost his "Bobo" at the San Jose Light Festival must have been 4-5 Christmas' ago when he was 2-3. To this day when he gets stressed he will start talking about his lost Bobo and can I please call them again.

MonorailMan
12-20-2001, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by mad4mky
My daughter lost a library book at the Disneyland Hotel. Called and called for weeks to see if it got turned in. We even knew EXACTLY where she left it.

Never got it back...and had to pay the library like a good citizen does. My daughter learned a valuable lesson at the same time.

Thank You!

I hate it when people don't return it, and lost it and say "I returned it!". We loose so much money that way.