PDA

View Full Version : I missed Jungle Cruise

GROOVY1
12-07-2001, 07:53 AM
Jungle Cruise

Hi all this is my first post, I just got back from my first trip to DL ever (I'm 26) and I got to experience everything except Jungle Cruise. Can someone tell me what I missed, and how good it is based on the other rides?

Thanks so much, you all sound so friendly!!

GROOVY1 in Calgary, AB Canada:)

Disney Princess
12-07-2001, 11:53 AM
Hey there and welcome to the boards!

First trip to DL ever? Cool! Hope you had a good time. :)

How good is the Jungle Cruise? It's the BEST!!! (In my very humble opinion)
But only if your boat driver (skipper) is funny.

What did you miss? Well, The Jungle Cruise takes you on a boat ride around and through an exotic jungle wherein lurk plenty of wild Audio-Animatronic animals. And some dancing native people. And you get to see the eighth wonder of the world: the Backside of Water!

It's old; it opened with the park with only a few major modifications since then. Pretty tacky in places, actually. So the jokes make the ride.

So, did you miss much? Depends on what you like. If you enjoy a ride where the attraction explains itself as you go(like Pirates, or Splash Mt), you'll find this difficult to enjoy without a good Skipper. Jungle Cruise is made by the skipper; they bring the attraction's scenes and animals to life with witty repartee and REALLY bad puns. (Ex:Off to the right we have some big black hairy animals. Hmm. Never seen them before--they must be gnu.)

But I think as long as you got to experience most of the rest of the park, you're good. But be sure to do it next time! ;)

Later!

Disney Princess
and avid Jungle fan

This cruise has been brought to you by our friends at the Miracle Boat Company. Remember: If it gets you around the jungle safely, it MUST have been a Miracle.
Also, sponsored in part by the Cannibal Café: Constantly Cooking up Better Ways to Serve You.

Mad Madam Mim
12-07-2001, 12:33 PM
Welcome to MP there is a welcome new comers thread in the lounge... go intro yourself.

As for Jungle Cruise... on of my faves... sorry you missed it. It will be worth it to go back just for that ride... especially if you go when the park is about to close... the skippers are great always, but especially at that time.

Napsto
12-09-2001, 06:21 PM
jungle cruise is one of the original atttractions

baileykat
12-09-2001, 06:58 PM
Okay..we'll be there this weekend...does anybody know when it will reopen...it's no listed as being rehabbed for the days we will be there on the Disney site....but I know that's not reliable...My kids will be so bummed if there is no Jungle Cruise...when you are 4 and 6..that is the height of cool......

mousey_girl
12-09-2001, 07:01 PM
My all time fav Jungle Cruise moment was when one skipper shouted "DUCK" at the top of his lungs. Everyone on the boat (myself included) ducked. Then he let out a giggle and said, "See, there goes a duck." To this day, I still do that to my (now 5) son. I just could not believe I fell for it.
We just spent his 5th b-day at the parks the 5-8, had a great time, but we did seriously miss the Jungle Cruise being down. That is one of our fav rides.

LIMANDL4EVA
12-09-2001, 07:49 PM
its a GREAT classic disney ride, but the 'animatronic' characters are a bit outdated, but that doesnt ruin the ride at all, it is funny, smart, clever, and always a classic

totbellhop
12-09-2001, 07:55 PM
OK, like many think, skippers are what make the difference.
I've rode on Jungle Cruise just 2 times, every time is different, because every skipper uses different jokes, some are cheesy, but some are very clever, the one of the eight wonder of the world(backside of water), ohh my god! I couldn't stop laughing, not because of the joke, but because of the cheesines(it's that spelled correct?).
If you like, animals, water rides(I know this is not technically a water ride, right?), and cheesy jokes, go for it!

Disneylandking
12-09-2001, 09:03 PM
This ride could use some updating in my opinion

FriendOfDaisy
12-09-2001, 10:04 PM
I think the biggest problem with the Jungle Cruise right now is the sound system - the speakers are so bad, it's nearly impossible to understand what the skipper is saying from anywhere in the boat besides right next to him/her. Nothing ruins comic timing like the audience having to strain to figure out what the heck is being said.

On the other hand, I suppose we should be happy the whole damn thing hasn't been automated with a pre-recorded soundtrack and animatronic skipper... yet. **shudder**

David

FEJ
12-09-2001, 10:14 PM
Check out this related thread

Favorite Jungle Cruise (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3394)

Joeymommy
01-04-2002, 06:23 PM
Jungle cruise is my favorite attraction! I love it.. You probably missed this ride because it was closed for rehab. I missed it too!It finally opened not too long ago.