PDA

View Full Version : DL/DCA True Confessions: Cheesy Stuff We Love!

Pages : [1] 2

12-12-2004, 07:27 AM
I love the Pooh ride. It's cute. And fun. And happy. And - hey, come back!

Tell us what's pure cheesy goodness for you at the resort?

GrumpyUTboi
12-12-2004, 07:29 AM
You go on with your bad self and the Pooh ride. After 27 times riding the ride, who could not love the ride.

LilmissTinkerbell
12-12-2004, 07:33 AM
The snow white wishing well. I have to hear her sing. When i was little, I thought Snow white was really there somewhere. I still love it and have to go to it everytime. The Bf just laughs now, and lets me do my thing. :)

stan4d_steph
12-12-2004, 07:55 AM
I love it's a small world. It always makes me smile. I love to yodel along with the little German boy.

CoasterChickie
12-12-2004, 08:24 AM
The fake looking animals throughout the park. I especially like the little skunk on BTMRR. We always yell "Eeeeek, skunk!!!" (LOL)

BTW...I like that snowglobe avatar 3894!

TikiGeek
12-12-2004, 08:50 AM
Well, some people think that The Enchanted Tiki Room is cheesy - to me it's pure magic!!! :)

DaddyB
12-12-2004, 10:34 AM
applauding Groove66. Man, they were cheesy.

kbanmen
12-12-2004, 11:06 AM
I would have to say the pooh ride as well..i love my kids eyes when they light up every time we go on it..It is a cheeesy ride to adults but kids adore it. My 2 year old is certain Pooh is real in there and that is soooooo cute

rentayenta
12-12-2004, 12:57 PM
I love love love IASW! I have to go on it at least once a day every day of the trip!

Shinku
12-12-2004, 11:03 PM
Tiki fanatic, speaking up here!

I'll also throw a vote in for the droids in the queue at Star Tours. I've heard several people I've gone with complain "oh that is SOOO stupid. Ugh." but I'll have to admit, it's better to watch them than just stare at the walls as you move through the line, don't you agree?

stinkerbell
12-12-2004, 11:51 PM
I like the Parade of the Stars and I'm soooo sad I never got to be in it! :crying:

My husband and my oldest daughter were in it one year and that was awesome.....I had on sandals, so I couldn't do it. It made my husband's trip!! He really had a blast.

Anyway, I like the cheesy music, the beeyootiful princesses, everything!!

Also, any of the characters. I talk to them like they are the actual characters. It's so stupid. I can't stop myself. My husband thinks it's for my children's benefit, but I suspect it's not.

sleepyjeff
12-13-2004, 12:05 AM
Ok, I really and truly like riding up in the air inside a giant chinese to go box at Flicks Fun faire.............. :D

averagedork
12-13-2004, 06:45 AM
Dumbo. I am a Dumbo nerd and my friends rarely go on it with me. It's my favorite ride at the park, and I am 23 years old. Growing up it was because it was so high, now I laugh because I see how much junk is on the roofs of the buildings around there.

I am also a Casey Junior fan.

Disneyfreak
12-13-2004, 07:54 AM
The Goat Trick is the king of cheezy. :fez:

the mad hatter
12-13-2004, 08:18 AM
I've always thought the grand canyon diorama and prime-evil world were pretty cool. especially if your tired of walking.

//man i think that one is cheesier than IASM

Captain Josh
12-13-2004, 08:29 AM
I have to chalk up another one for the Railroad dioramas...or as my friend put it:

"Those 30 seconds riding past those dinosaurs....an infinite world beyond that time machine ride at Knott's."

oregontraveler
12-13-2004, 09:42 AM
I loved Billy Hill & The Hillbillies "And when I mean y'all, I mean all y'all" LMAO

Stupid_American
12-13-2004, 10:20 AM
As a little kid, I used to like the Storyland Canal Boats.

Now, as an adult, I can appreciate the classic Disney touch: the "Alpine Village" flows into the Matterhorn!

http://homepage.mac.com/stupid_american/matterhorn.jpg

rentayenta
12-13-2004, 11:22 AM
I have been thinking about this (and all things Disney) and I am a big cheese bag because I like so many cheesy Disney things.

I love IASW
I love interacting with characters
I get just as excited when a character walks by that we not expecting to see
I like to wear ears
I wave to all the characters in the parades like my kids do
I cry when DH says its time to leave
When You Wish Upon A Star brings tears to my eyes everytime I hear it
I miss the CBJ even though they were sorta corny
I like the Jungle Cruise skippers and their tired jokes make me laugh
I buy the glowy necklaces for my kids. And I buy them for myself. I like to wrap them around my mouse ears at night.

DisneyDustin22
12-13-2004, 12:15 PM
Mission Tortilla factory! Hey, when you're hungry, it provides a great snack, and it's free! Go with someone who doesn't like tortillas, and you get two! ;)

TikiGeek
12-13-2004, 12:36 PM
I like the Jungle Cruise skippers and their tired jokes make me laugh

The Jungle Cruise is cheesy excellence - I love it too! Now, with the guns back - there's even more cheesy fun :D

Emma
12-13-2004, 01:28 PM
Jungle Cruise-- Cheesy? Yes. Funny? Yes.

iwannabeanimagineer
12-13-2004, 01:53 PM
Jungle Cruise-- Cheesy? Yes. Funny? Yes.
I have to agree with Emma. I find myself smiling about the JC's self-conscious cheesiness when I'm not there and can't hold myself back from riding when I am there.

Gouru
12-13-2004, 02:05 PM
Be careful around the Snow White wishing well. I first kissed my wife there...30 years ago...

Pirate Girl
12-13-2004, 02:06 PM
The Enchanted Tiki Room

Pinocchios Daring Journy. There's never a line, so I always ride it!