PDA

View Full Version : Expedition Big Foot and SF area

pokeypoke
12-12-2004, 02:50 AM
Even though I know it will never leave the mind of my imagination, wouldn't it be great if DCA could get a version of Expedition Everest: Legend of the Yeti? Only the California version would be based on the legend of Big Foot. First of all, Grizzly Mountain would be expanded toward the San Fransico Distric and slightly to the left and right of the mountain. The expansion would not neccessarily grow in heigth (you can't block the view of hotel guest) but would expand in terrain matter. The current walkway from GGR to SF would decend into a shallow canyon with waterfalls, unpredictable geysers, hotsprings and occasional cave tunnels and archways. The current GRR would get a storyline and audio-animatronics such as grizzly bears, an old prospector with his mule and an ocasional glimps of Big Foot. The Expedition Big Foot coaster train would be a condense version of AK's, be sunken into the ground (in certain parts) and would occasionally cross over into GRR. The California version could begin as a peaceful train ride through the redwood forrest. Guest would come across geysers and scenes from nature. Along the peaceful trip, guests will encounter cries from Big Foot who is lurking in the forrest. Up ahead Guests would discover that the tracks have been destryed as though they were ripped apart. as the train stops. Large foot prints can be seen all around the track. Suddenly, Big Foot appears and
looks as though he is going to attack. Suddenly an earthquake hits and the train is sent hurling backwards through a series of hills, curves and dark caves.

The San Fransico Distric could also receive a face lift and two new attractions. The first would be a Victorian mansion that would be an elaborate fun house with optical illusions and audio-animatronics. The house would feature rocking rooms, upside down rooms, portaits that talked and interacted with guests, and a cast of strange and delightful characters who reside in the house.

The second attraction would be to replace Golden Dreams with an American version type Magic Lamp Theater found at Tokyo DisneySea. This version would feature a Disney type character audio-animatronic (Roger Rabbit, Donald Duck, ect.), live actors, special effects, 4-D and audience participation. The show would be based on a vaudeville type magic/illusion show.

Like I said, chances of something like this being built for DCA, only exist in my head but you know what...? Sometimes it's fun to day dream.

Pokey :)

Mistersh0w
12-12-2004, 02:56 AM
Not a bad idea at all pokeypoke! Though, I'm not a big fan of fast rides...that Expedition Everest type ride would get my girlfriend into DCA more! Which is a good thing, despite what the general response to DCA, i rather like it. And i'd love to see some new AA in the park too. It's a shame when they make a new ride that has crappy AA...*hack cough! winnie the pooh! hack cough!!* I think that Hopper AA in "It's Tough to be a Bug" attraction is amazing...We need more AA like that in DCA....

Mistersh0w
12-12-2004, 02:57 AM
You think I said AA enough in that last comment? nehh, one more time couldnt hurt! AA!

pokeypoke
12-12-2004, 03:20 AM
Maybe if we say AA a little more and a little LOUDER, the numbskulls at TDA will hear us and put more in at DCA..., like in the GRR.

Pokey

averagedork
12-12-2004, 05:48 AM
Wait, having Alcoholics Annoymus at DCA? That'd be funny. Okay a joke, sorry AA brings that out of me.

That ride sounds cool, just scary. I probably wouldn't go on it. I like the idea of a funhouse through the San Fran distract.

sleepyjeff
12-12-2004, 11:36 AM
AA AA AA AA AA AA

:)