PDA

View Full Version : Could a petition bring back an attraction?

Pages : [1] 2

Mistersh0w
12-12-2004, 02:50 AM
Ok call this wishful thinking but do you think a petition could bring back an attraction at Disneyland? Such as the Country Bears. I mean, c'mon where are those animatronics anyway? (other than the three animal heads in that blasted Winnie the Poop ride...If you want to even call it a ride...) It's such a shame that a wonderful show like the Country Bear Jamboree can get shut down (despite a major motion picture spawned from the ride.) I mean, what were they thinking?! It was the perfect place for a sit down show!! Seriously, i'm just angry and tired at this point...So what do you guys think, Is it possible? And what about the rumors stating that Country Bears may appear again at DCA? Well heck, it would be PERFECT in that "bear themed" area don't you think?

pokeypoke
12-12-2004, 03:13 AM
I don't see why they can't move CBJ to DCA. They could program a whole new upbeat show and bring a little magic to DCA (which it lacks). Bring back dem dare bears, ya hear!!!!!!!

Pokey

12-12-2004, 07:22 AM
Just saw the movie on tv. Heaven help me, I liked it!

But I never cared for the attraction. Sorry. And every time I've been in the Country Bears theatre, it was as empty as Golden Dreams.

sleepyjeff
12-12-2004, 11:16 AM
I would love it if they re-modeled the Hungry Bear Restaurant and incorperated some of the audio animontronics from the show into the remodel......kinda Sizzler meets Chuckee Cheese is what I am thinking here.

As for a petition......I can't think of one attraction that was ever brought back because of one(but there is always a first time). :)

marktips
12-12-2004, 11:17 AM
I would love it if they re-modeled the Hungry Bear Restaurant and incorperated some of the audio animontronics from the show into the remodel......kinda Sizzler meets Chuckee Cheese is what I am thinking here.

As for a petition......I can't think of one attraction that was ever brought back because of one(but there is always a first time). :)

Not an attraction, but an character, Figment, was brought back due to overload with guest complaints and letters over his removal. The accompaning attraction got a total re-makeover due to this as well.

sleepyjeff
12-12-2004, 11:33 AM
Not an attraction, but an character, Figment, was brought back due to overload with guest complaints and letters over his removal. The accompaning attraction got a total re-makeover due to this as well.

Oh, I was just talking about Disneyland......as for DisneyWorld, I believe they also brought back Magic Journeys due to public outcry after it closed for Captain EO(safe to say, that EO will never return though ;) )

Mistersh0w
12-12-2004, 04:19 PM
well i think it's safe to say that a petition couldnt hurt! Let's do it man! Why not?! And i know alot of people who miss those bears too....SO WHO'S WITH ME!!?

HorizonsA
12-12-2004, 04:25 PM
I don't see why they can't move CBJ to DCA. They could program a whole new upbeat show and bring a little magic to DCA

Pokey

NO! No changing! Bring back the Bears the way they were when they last performed. The Country Bear Vacation Hoedown. Have all the original cast members in the show including Henry, Wendell, Big Al, Max, Melvin, Grover, and the other performers.

And if were to petition for a past attraction, not only would it be Country Bears, it would also be either the Carousel of Progress or America Sings.

kbanmen
12-12-2004, 04:29 PM
I honestly feel a petition wont do it..disney does what they want to do..But it wouldnt hurt to try I suppose...

I mean even though there have been MAJOR changes over the years the attendace is HUGE ..so it comes down to what $$ they are bringing in..ANd they keep bringing it in..so a petitionprobably wouldnt do it..but lets try

ModHatter
12-12-2004, 06:29 PM
Well, let's keep in mind, if enough people stated, in less than vague terms, that they would buy (to continue with the given example) oodles of Country Bear merchandise if they were to re-open the attraction, then Disney would have a good reason to re-open the DL CBJ.

But, as I was thinking in another thread, I think Disney missed an opportunity by not incorporating the Pooh characters into CBJ. Far less expensive, and adds value to a broader range of park guests.

Maybe that's the key. Instead of trying to resurrect dead attractions where something else now exists, let's try petitions for the Subs, and maybe to protect SSL from getting a cheap Monsters overlay, in favor of keeping it closed until a REAL ride worth the cost can be put in its place. Getting Disney to spend money is going to be tough, but encouraging them not to waste money before it's spend could produce good results.

sediment
12-12-2004, 08:04 PM
I think hanging on a Monsters, Inc. door would be pretty exciting. Jumping from one row to the next... Going to various locations through the doors. The possibilities are endless. Could easily make it a random generating kind if deal, so people will want to go on more than once. (Which, incidentally, was the limit for most guests on SSL. Ba-dum-BUM!)

ModHatter
12-12-2004, 08:44 PM
I think hanging on a Monsters, Inc. door would be pretty exciting. Jumping from one row to the next... Going to various locations through the doors. The possibilities are endless. Could easily make it a random generating kind if deal, so people will want to go on more than once. (Which, incidentally, was the limit for most guests on SSL. Ba-dum-BUM!)

That indeed would be a good ride. Which is why a petition should state that no Monsters ride short of the door should even be attempted. No overlays, as have been proposed.

sediment
12-12-2004, 08:51 PM
I don't know why overlay is even an option. It needs to go faster, we have to hang from the door from overhead, no stupid cardboard cutouts of stars are necessary (save the Imagineering tribute), we have to go through doors to various locations throughout the world, etc. And in order to get the door opened, everyone has to scream or laugh. the possibilities are endless (and that line never gets old).

Mistersh0w
12-13-2004, 11:43 AM
How about this! To elaborate on the idea of incorporating the Country Bears into the Hungry Bear eating area, they could create a stage, and close a section of the roof off, (to protect the AA from the elements) And have a NEW kind of "Golden Horseshoe" type experience!! Wouldnt that be great?! You could eat your favorite Hungry Bear foods, and more, and watch the Country Bears do their thing!! It would be cheaper than building a whole new attraction! And It would use the existing space there at the Hungry Bear Resturaunt! Maybe if we petitioned for that idea, rather than moving them all to DCA...Though, it really couldnt hurt attendance at DCA to move the CB's there....Disney would see the money they could save, and MAKE on bringing the bears back in a whole new way!! What do you guys think?

Fan of the Mouse
12-13-2004, 12:35 PM
Why not add the Country Bear AAs to the GRR ride. They would fit right in there, and would make a great ride even better.

Mistersh0w
12-13-2004, 01:40 PM
At this point I think putting them ANYWHERE would be better than NOWHERE. I miss those guys, they were a big part of my childhood Disneyland visits...The fact that they're stored somewhere, or have been destroyed, makes me really sad.

iwannabeanimagineer
12-13-2004, 01:49 PM
Since DL has closed two (or more?) poorly-attended but dearly-beloved AA shows, what if we petition them to bring back all the dead shows in a single theater with posted showtimes for each one. It would save on architecture and real estate, although it would be a major AA investment.

Maybe the better idea would be a "virtual" return of these shows, along with the "virtual" return of numerous other deceased attractions in a choose-your-virtual-attraction booth?

Opus1guy
12-13-2004, 04:40 PM
what if we petition them to bring back all the dead shows in a single theater

"The Carousal Of American Country Bears Sings Christmas Vacation Hoedowns!"

marktips
12-13-2004, 04:49 PM
Dumb thought: Why not visit WDW and kill two birds with one stone by seeing CoP and the Country Bears?

BTW, I've wanted there to be a virtual Horizons for years :)

ModHatter
12-13-2004, 05:14 PM
Dumb thought: Why not visit WDW and kill two birds with one stone by seeing CoP and the Country Bears?

BTW, I've wanted there to be a virtual Horizons for years :)

Agreed on both counts.

I would personally love to see Star Tours replaced with simulations of Yesterland attractions. Something like the Subs or horizons would have to be done mixed media or entirely digitally generated. But, if disney plans on retiring future attractions, they film it and create a primarily filmed recreation of the attraction. And, as the simulation itself prepares to retire in favor of other simulations, the film is released as a Disney Treasures DVD.

But as for CBJ and CoP, I have no problem with at least one park holding on to classic attractions. They have CBJ, we have Toad. If we're tired of DCA getting clones, why should the Magic Kingdoms be any different? Some cornerstone E tickets should exist at every park, but with all the quality Disney films to draw from, why repeat the same dark rides and shows at every park? But again, if we're going to LOSE a classic attraction, the concession has to be that we get an equal or better attraction in its place.

marktips
12-13-2004, 05:24 PM
Don't forget, with time mistakes can be corrected - the 10 year cycle.

Kitchen Kabaraet - a good animatronic show at Epcot, got yanked out and replaced with a crummy cardboard cut-out show Food Rocks.

Food Rocks was recently demolished and is being replaced with Soarin' :)

Sometimes there are happy endings.

Opus1guy
12-13-2004, 05:33 PM
Could a petition bring back an attraction?

I'd much rather circulate a petition that would bring back...

Ron Dominguez
John Cora
Jim Cora
Jack Lindquist
Bob Gault
Rory O'Leary

etc, etc, etc.

marktips
12-13-2004, 05:39 PM
*scratches head* I only vaguely recognize some of those names.. What if they don't want to come back?

Mistersh0w
12-14-2004, 12:02 AM
who are those people?

Opus1guy
12-14-2004, 12:58 AM
They all did much more than the following, but here are just the Highlights From Hamlet:

Ron Dominguez - family owned part of the land Disneyland sits on; started work at Disneyland as a young boy as a Main Street sweep; worked his way up the ladder all the way to President of Disneyland.

John Cora - One of the best Operations folks Disneyland ever had.

Jim Cora - One of the best Operations folks Disneyland ever had; went on to head Operations for Tokyo Disneyland, Disneyland International and helped create and open Disneyland Paris.

Jack Lindquist - Served various capacities in Marketing at Disneyland and Walt Disney World; created the Magic Kingdom Club (with Milt Albright); later became President of Disneyland.

Bob Gault - One of the best Operations folks Disneyland ever had. A real, real tough cookie, but the park was never less than spit and polished when he was on duty or there was hell to pay.

Rory O'Leary - Was head of Disneyland Restaurants at their peak of selection and quality.

Much of the problems and shortcomings at the Disneyland Resort today, would never be tolerated under any of them. Eisner or no Eisner. Probably why they retired or were retired. These guys knew what it meant to be "Disney" and they knew what the public expected from Disney. And they delivered. Their Cast respected them to no end. And they respected the Cast. Walt would have been proud of each of them. Disneyland wasn't just a passing career phase for them. It was in their blood. They all contributed to much of the good stuff we still see at Disneyland today. They were pros that had vision and valued long-term commitments and always kept their eyes on the big picture and not just short-term profits.