PDA

View Full Version : Locals, a great chance to see Fantasmic! with small crowds

Darkbeer
12-11-2004, 01:47 PM
I was checking out the Disneyland.com schedule for January 2005....

While Fantasmic!'s normal schedule in the off-season is Friday at 9, Saturdays at 9 and 10:30 and Sundays at 9, the big exception is Holiday weekends (like January 15th thru 17th, where you have 2 shows on Sunday and one on Monday), and the 2 peak weeks of Easter Break.

The interesting thing on the schedule is daily showings of Fantasmic the first full week of January... While many school districts give two weeks off during Christmas, and the main period this year is December 17th thru January 2nd... But I know that the LA Unified system is giving 3 weeks off, and their classes don't start until January 10th.....

So while park Hours will remain the normal off-season hours (10 AM to 8 PM), Fantasmic! wil be offered at 7:45 PM on Monday January 3rd thru Thursday January 6th.. My guess is that you will be able to find a good seat on those nights without much wait.....

Wendi
12-11-2004, 02:22 PM
I wanna go!!! But I doubt I'll be able to... boo hoo!!!

char_m73
12-11-2004, 02:32 PM
January 15-17 is a holiday? I am coming on from canada and will be there then.... will it be super busy on the 15th-17th? Maybe we need to re-arrange our days....

Darkbeer
12-11-2004, 02:49 PM
Yes, it is Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend, and most schools and public employees will have the Monday off. Three days weekends are busier than normal, but not as busy as the last two weeks of December.

The benefit is that Disneyland expands its hours, and offerings (like more shows per day), the drawback is that there are more folks in the park......

Surfingstitch
12-11-2004, 07:02 PM
I wanna go too.

I won't be back until Valentine's Day weekend.

Tinker Bell
12-11-2004, 09:11 PM
I will be there for my birthday on the fourth. I am only going cause I saw Fantasmic was on. :D I can't wait

char_m73
12-12-2004, 06:20 PM
No problem... we are leaving Sunday morning so we will only have to fight the crowds on Saturday....

ModHatter
12-12-2004, 06:37 PM
I was thinking of trying to see Fantasmic again... i certainly don't have the patience to queue up for it at DMGM. What is the proceedure for it at DL? I ordinarily make sure I am on the other side of the park on F! nights anymore.

Darkbeer
12-12-2004, 06:56 PM
Well, there are different strategies.... Nights that have only one showing, and those nights that have 2 showings...

Nights with one show are tough, as folks start sitting in the prime viewing area along the edge of the river hours in advance... if you have a group, grab a blanket, and take turn guarding your site..... if you are just one or two, you can sneak in behind or the sides of the early folks about 1/2 hour before show time...

Nights with 2 showings, the first show is always much busier, so the best thing to do is to go stand by the smoking area near the dry dock, and then once the first showing is finished, just follow the departing crowd on the lower level until you get in the middle of seating area, and just find a spot......

Or you can go for the "pay per view" option, and call Disney 30 days prior to the day you plan to go, for about $50 you can get a reserved seat (the Balcony is MUCH better than the reserved dessert section) and not worry about the crowds, and get some yummy desserts plus drinks (including Hot Chocolate and Coffee).

BQ2
12-13-2004, 05:25 AM
Thanks for the tip DB ! We always go in Jan. off season. I haven't seen Fantasmic in a long time. I think we can work this out!!

SJSman
12-13-2004, 07:47 AM
Does anyone know the disney reservation line? I cant seem to find it anywhere.. thanks!

sediment
12-13-2004, 08:17 AM
Seems that TDA doesn't think that this year's first week in January is off-season.
Need to check with CM silver pass's block-out dates.