PDA

View Full Version : small disneyland tricks

Pages : [1] 2

zugzug15
12-10-2004, 10:17 AM
I was wondering what tricks you guys know and often use when you guys are at disneyland.

a good example would be the goat trick.

I found out that if you actually pull up on the autopia cars it applies the brakes! your tires make a little squeek and its kinda funny. Its easy to do with your foot if you place your foot kinda on top of the pedal instead of directly on it.

I wonder if this does any harm to the cars though...

anyone else got some tricks.

SCUBAbe
12-10-2004, 10:28 AM
yeah, use an umbrella..the crowds will part in front of you. Works with a parasol also during the summer..:)

the mad hatter
12-10-2004, 10:35 AM
Sneak up behind a group of teenage girls and scream....scares the bajeeses out of them. hee hee.

tod
12-10-2004, 11:25 AM
The quickest way anywhere in Disneyland is through the center of the park. Head to the Castle.
Fantasyland is easiest to navigate right after the park opens. It used to clear out near closing time but you can't count on that any more.
Whitewater Snacks is the best place for an inexpensive meal.
Never, ever go on the canoes unless your idea of a good time is being a galley slave for spoiled teenage princesses. Avoid.
Critter Country has two attractions, one that cannivbalized a bunch of AA figures from America Sings and should never be ridden if the temperature is below 75 degrees, and a Fantasyland dark ride that resembles a bad acid trip. You also have to walk uphill to get out, going under a train trestle that is tantalizingly unreachable. Avoid.
A walk on the Big Thunder Mountain Trail will bring you face-to-face with half a pack of secondhand smoke. Avoid.
When the Dapper Dans are performing on Main Street, stop and listen.
If you have to change a diaper, do it at the Baby Center.
First Aid has free aspirin.

--t
Disneyland guest for almost 50 years now.

rentayenta
12-10-2004, 11:37 AM
If you run out of cash and don't like to pay the ATM fee, buy Disney Dollars from any store and save your self the $3 fee :D

mad4mky
12-10-2004, 12:17 PM
If you ever need change from a large bill ($100 bill) to give your kids money so they can go off on their own...or for the taxi ride back to the airport, etc

You don't need to buy anything from the stores. Just go up to a CM at a cash register, and they will gladly break your large bill for you. :D

the mad hatter
12-10-2004, 12:26 PM
If you run out of cash and don't like to pay the ATM fee, buy Disney Dollars from any store and save your self the $3 fee

It would be ironic if you left the park with exactly 3 disney dollars....lol. But then again you could always use it another time.

DJ_MENTOS
12-10-2004, 12:30 PM
It would be ironic if you left the park with exactly 3 disney dollars....lol. But then again you could always use it another time.

Can you say churro?

rentayenta
12-10-2004, 12:30 PM

Any Disney Dollars you have left you can just trade for real money if you remember. On our last trip home I found $58 in Disney Dollars stuffed in a sweatshirt pocket :D

the mad hatter
12-10-2004, 12:40 PM
Any Disney Dollars you have left you can just trade for real money

I didn't know that...cool.

scaeagles
12-10-2004, 12:41 PM

I typically do not leave DL with any money. :(

rentayenta
12-10-2004, 12:45 PM
I typically do not leave DL with any money. :(

Same here :( The leftover Disney Dollars were a total fluke. Can you imagine that the Chevron wouldn't accept them as payment? ;)

Opus1guy
12-10-2004, 01:29 PM
small disneyland tricks

Before Disney took over the Disneyland Hotel from Wrather Enterprises, there used to be some ladies that hung out at the Brass Rail and Lobby Bars, that used to turn a few tricks. However, they weren't all small and some were regular and large sized as well.

;)

zugzug15
12-10-2004, 01:30 PM
hahah you guys are funny. I like the canoes! I also like to pretend im a ninja and "Catch" all the "airows" on indiana jones!

anyone else know walt disneys "Dirty little secret"?

Uncle Remus
12-10-2004, 01:56 PM
Avoid Tomorrowland.

Opus1guy
12-10-2004, 02:01 PM
Avoid Tomorrowland.

Sage advise from one so young! :)

BQ2
12-10-2004, 02:04 PM
tod wrote:

The quickest way anywhere in Disneyland is through the center of the park. Head to the Castle.
Fantasyland is easiest to navigate right after the park opens. It used to clear out near closing time but you can't count on that any more.

Thanks for the tips Tod ! :cool:

JosieGirl71
12-10-2004, 03:06 PM
Opus1 and the mad hatter, I am trying to discreetly read MP while I am at work and you guys aren't helping!!!

tod, Thanks for the tips! (I especially liked the typo of cannibalized ;) -- wait, maybe that wasn't a typo...) lol

cstephens
12-10-2004, 04:06 PM
Any Disney Dollars you have left you can just trade for real money if you remember.

But there is a limit to how much they'll generally change back. Not sure what that limit is though, so don't buy much more than you think you'll use.

Avoid Tomorrowland

Until next year when with the opening of Buzz and the reopening of Space, it will be a vibrant place again. On second thought, keep avoiding it so there'll be shorter lines for me! :~D

Pilot Mickey
12-10-2004, 09:38 PM
Until next year when with the opening of Buzz and the reopening of Space, it will be a vibrant place again. On second thought, keep avoiding it so there'll be shorter lines for me! :~D

Yes avoid innoventions so i'll be able to try the ultmate coster game for once at disneland :~D am i the only person who like innoventions?

Uncle Remus
12-10-2004, 09:39 PM
yes

Vegitabeta
12-11-2004, 02:58 AM
Hehe :p

tod
12-11-2004, 07:10 AM
Before Disney took over the Disneyland Hotel from Wrather Enterprises, there used to be some ladies that hung out at the Brass Rail and Lobby Bars, that used to turn a few tricks. However, they weren't all small and some were regular and large sized as well.

;)

[Gasp!] :eek: That's hilarious. Good one, although I don't think that was what zugzug was asking about.

--t

Stupid_American
12-11-2004, 07:13 AM
First Aid, around the corner from the photo store, Main Street, also dispenses other OTC medications (free).
If you have a headache, bad stomache, or whatever, it's a good place to visit.

tod
12-11-2004, 09:03 AM
First Aid, around the corner from the photo store, Main Street, also dispenses other OTC medications (free).
If you have a headache, bad stomache, or whatever, it's a good place to visit.

And in DCA First Aid is behind the Tortilla Factory.

At Disneyland the First Aid place is accessible from both onstage and backstage. Is this the case at DCA?

--t