PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Festivities at the Resort Hotels

MouseWife
12-06-2001, 08:59 PM
Last year I very much enjoyed going to the Tree Lighting Ceremony at the Disneyland Hotel. Also, Santa was in one of the Towers. There were special Fantasy Water shows {or what ever they are called}. Storytelling was done in the Paradise Pier and over at Goofy's kitchen.

Okay. I checked the Disneyland information and it doesn't mention anything.

Is this because they only want it for people who are staying at the hotels?

Has anyone been to any of these things? Are they still happening?

I would appreciate any information as I would like to walk over there and partake.

Nigel2
12-06-2001, 09:52 PM
I remember years ago before they redid the lagoon at the DLH (its now where the neverland pool is) they use to have ice skating. I have horrible balance so I never tried but anyone here ever do it?

Morrigoon
12-06-2001, 09:57 PM
No, but I remember it being there... pretty cool. Postage stamp rink though. They should find a way to build one at DTD and charge for it... would make mucho $$$

Nigel2
12-06-2001, 10:08 PM
I remember walking arround the hotel when they use to do the ice skating thing. If you walked by where the outdoor steps to the 2nd floor of conference rooms are there was this large trailer with a hose coming out of it going in the water and to the rink being used a the cooler.

Crazytigger
12-07-2001, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
No, but I remember it being there... pretty cool. Postage stamp rink though. They should find a way to build one at DTD and charge for it... would make mucho $$$

That would be awesome. I think a good holiday attraction for DCA. Of course for those clumsy people Im sure they would be a liability.

tjrj
12-07-2001, 07:17 AM
Mousewife: from my experience in planning our recent trip, the DL website only begins posting activities at the hotels about a week or so before the date that you input into the search section. As of last weekend, the DL hotel had a holiday fantasy water show. The Grand Californian-where we stayed-had carolers, and Santa-and the tree in the lobby was awe inspiring. Plus, the regular Goofy greetings at the DL and storytelling with Chip and Dale at the Grand. I'm sure there is more, but we found that we couldn't do all the activities at both the parks plus all the activities at the hotels and still remain relatively sane.

MouseWife
12-07-2001, 07:37 AM
tjrj~

Thanks for that info! I think I will try and take it easy, I don't want to go insane!

I just really enjoyed the storytelling the most, I think. And the decorations just give this nice feeling of Christmas.

I can't wait!

I am leaving my house without lights or a tree but am going to have a great time there!

Thanks for the tips!

mcampisi
12-07-2001, 09:41 AM
I did the ice skating thing back in 95 I believe. That was awesome. Too bad I'm not big on pools. As cool as the Neverland pool looks, I miss my underwater arcade and paddle boats. That used to be on of the first places we stopped after checking into the hotel.

Nigel2
12-07-2001, 02:29 PM
don't forget the old remote controlled boats as well as the ducks that would be in the lagoon.

MouseWife
12-07-2001, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
don't forget the old remote controlled boats as well as the ducks that would be in the lagoon.

Do they still have the little Jungle Cruise boats? By the
Croc N Bits? And does anyone know if the Goofy Tree lighting is still there? Or is it over at the Grand Californian now? Or do they have their own festivities?

Do I ask too many questions?:D

Sorry but calling takes too long and I don't always get a
good answer. You know, you get an answer and you know
they just don't get what you are asking and just say Thanks.

Nigel2
12-07-2001, 10:00 PM
Well they use to be normal boats, then they moved them by that bar near the Croc... and rethemed it to be JC like WDW.