PDA

View Full Version : What is Your Favorite Restaurant That Is Not Always Open?

Pages : [1] 2

scrovan
12-10-2004, 09:02 AM
I just found out that my favorite restruant "Hook's Point" is now only open on weekends :mad: . It got me thinking that is seems like thier are a number of restruants that are not open year around at the Disneyland Resort. What are some of your favorite restruants that are not always open?

AlohaJulie
12-10-2004, 09:11 AM
I really liked Bountiful Valley Farm and Lucky Fortune in DCA, but I think those are gone for good. Now, all that's left in DCA is chili dogs, corn dogs, burgers, and pizza.

Andrew
12-10-2004, 09:14 AM
There's a lot of behind the scenes rancor behind Hook's Pointe schedule. If you are disappointed, I suggest you call or write (or both) to express your feelings. The people involved can't know it's a problem unless they hear from their purportive customers.

sediment
12-10-2004, 09:16 AM
Start complaining every time you go.
"Why isn't Hook's Pointe open?"

One reason why it's not open is that management thinks that not enough people are going there to justify the cost of opening and closing the joint.

It's a revenue source, so revenue needs to show up.

Of course, you'll need a lot more people than you to complain.

tinklover25
12-10-2004, 09:21 AM
i really like the soap opera bistro at DCA the show was fun but now its gone boohooo!

dlandnut
12-10-2004, 09:24 AM
Where exactly is Hook's Pointe and also, where exactly is Aerial's Grotto (is that a restaurant, too?) :)

scrovan
12-10-2004, 09:28 AM
Hook's Point is right next the Neverland Swimming Pool at the Disneyland Hotel. You should definitally give them a try when they are open on the weekend.

tod
12-10-2004, 09:47 AM
Go into the Disneyland Hotel area and follow the smell of barbecuing fish.

Bring lots of money. It's good food, well prepared, and that doesn't come cheap.

--t

cstephens
12-10-2004, 09:48 AM
Hmmm, favorite restaurant that's never open:

Casa Mex...Big Thunder Barbeque...Harbour Galley when they had Disney food...Cafe Orleans when they had something on the menu I liked...Soap Opera Bistro...Farmer's Market...Lucky Fortune Cookery when they had stuff on the menu I liked...Puck's bar and restaurant...

drjones
12-10-2004, 12:14 PM
what about getting a burger in tomorrowland?

I miss eating at the Tomorrowland Terrace (Club Buzz)

CoasterChickie
12-10-2004, 02:41 PM
Yep. It's Hook's Pointe for me too. In a round about way it's one of the main reasons I've been to DL so many times this year and stumbled on Mouseplanet. And I actually cut a trip short once since Hook's wasn't going to be open for dinner.

stan4d_steph
12-10-2004, 03:24 PM
It's not a restaurant, but I'm always bummed when the Dole Whip booth is closed. Right now it's closed until Tiki Room reopens, but it always seems to have strange hours when it is open.

Emma
12-10-2004, 03:31 PM
Arghhhh! The Dole Pineapple Stand! I think every time I go there it is closed! It must be open for about 15 minutes a day, and I always miss it!

And I really, really love my dole whips.

PsychDoc
12-10-2004, 05:57 PM
i really like the soap opera bistro at DCA the show was fun but now its gone boohooo!
I loved that place too; great food. My 11 year old would be totally into that place now. Last time it was open she really didn't appreciate it.

rentayenta
12-10-2004, 08:22 PM
It's not a restaurant, but I'm always bummed when the Dole Whip booth is closed. Right now it's closed until Tiki Room reopens, but it always seems to have strange hours when it is open.

Ditto!

DaddyB
12-10-2004, 10:32 PM
Bengal BBQ

open.
open.
open.

stitchlvr
12-11-2004, 07:38 AM
By far, Big Thunder BBQ! I miss that place. I wish they'd bring it back!

bandboy1985
12-12-2004, 02:59 PM
haha.

your wish is granted! :D

it's totally open now.

stitchlvr
12-12-2004, 03:18 PM
Don't tease me. What's open? I know if Big Thunder BBQ reopened people would be talking about it here. I've heard nothing.

DaddyB
12-12-2004, 09:26 PM
I think (I HOPE!) he's referring to my reply about Bengal BBQ. They were supposed to open around now sometime...

bandboy1985
12-13-2004, 12:58 AM
big thunder ranch totally offers food- it's open, or i'll eat my hat.

i swear it's been open since summer! (though big thunder trail isn't an area i freguent when i'm at work!)

DaddyB
12-13-2004, 06:00 AM
I'm pretty sure it was only open for a short while during the summer. It was not offering BBQ food, it was offering a cold boxed lunch... sorta like a country picnic. I think even the menu board is down now. I don't walk that trail often myself, but I did about a month or so ago and I noticed it was gone.

slydini
12-13-2004, 06:03 AM
big thunder ranch totally offers food- it's open, or i'll eat my hat.

i swear it's been open since summer! (though big thunder trail isn't an area i freguent when i'm at work!)
Big Thunder Ranch does offer food. However, it is no longer the BBQ it used to be.

tinklover25
12-13-2004, 07:57 AM
ooooohhhhh oooohhh The Red Truck that sells the corn dogs, A trip is not complete without one!!!!

Mukta
12-13-2004, 08:13 AM
I miss eating at the Tomorrowland Terrace (Club Buzz)

Spicy chicken sandwich no tomatoes! I love that place and it is never open when I am there.