PDA

View Full Version : help!! [Parkside Inn reviews]

disneymania
12-10-2004, 06:57 AM
I'm really trying to put together a decent trip for my husband and myself for Feb. I finally decided since prices were so high, and we were going again in Nov., to stay somewhere really really cheap the first 3 nights, and at a resort hotel for the last two. While looking around, I found a really great price for Parkside Inn and Suites. However, when I went to the hotel review page, the two reviews listed were so different. Anyone else stay there? All I want is a clean room within walking distance. I don't care about anything else. I found this for under 50$ a night. HOJO's was 75$ a night. Thanks for any suggestions. :p

stan4d_steph
12-10-2004, 07:09 AM
Here's a previous thread with some responses: http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=32809

PsychDoc
12-10-2004, 07:11 AM
Not sure how quickly you want to book your trip but I'm going for New Year's. We're staying at the Castle Inn. It's right on Harbor, across the street (very close). Eventhough it was holiday season, I got a pretty good rate: $72 a night (Thurs-Sun). My friend said she'd stayed there before and it wasn't bad. I'll let you know when I get back. Another option is the Carrosel Inn. It's literally across the street from the DL gate; takes 5 min total to get there (depending on the line for the security/bag check gate). The room was really large and the beds pretty comfy. I think it was even cheaper. Mabye $65 a night? I don't quite recall, but I know that for 3 nights it was way under $300. My sister loves the Park Vu Inn. That one is next door to the Carrosel Inn. Price maybe even cheaper. But with anything, you'll find some people that no matter what will complain. I had the same dilema booking this last trip. Every post I read was completely different and contradicted eachother, "The room smelled musty...The room was very clean and large...The staff was so rude, they just ignored us...The staff was so helpful and freindly...etc." Also, Feb is very dead. It's cold, many ride closures, kids back in school. Not sure if you have an AP or not, but I'd wait till after the holidays to book. The resort hotels' prices dramatically drop. They always have special AP rates during "off season." You might end up getting to stay on property for a pretty good rate. I'd always recommend Paridise Peir. I've been able to stay there for 59$ a night. I love that hotel. Stayed there 6 or 7 times. Never a problem. The best price, even with a resort view (gotta have it!). Hope I helped. Good luck!

the mad hatter
12-10-2004, 07:19 AM
I'd look into the Tropicanna or the HoJo. The two best good neighbor hotels IMO.

SCUBAbe
12-10-2004, 07:25 AM
I would never stay at the carousel again. However, the hotel right next door to it is called park inn and suites, it looks like a castle. We stayed there on out last trip and it was nice. It wasn't like the on property hotels, but it was just fine for sleeping and showering.

Our carousel rooms had sadding mattersses and one was even tilted. It also has lumpy hard pillows that made it very difficult to sleep comfortable. The pillows at the park inn were firm and a bit flat, but I had no trouble sleeping on them. The room was clean, the heater worked great and it's right across the street from the park.

We have also stayed ay Howard Johnsons. It's a very nice hotel. The beds and pillows were very comfortable, but not any more than the park inn. If they were I don't remember. However, it is further from the park. The walk to the park in the morning is not bad, but when we were all tired walking back to the room felt like an enternity....:)

(on a side note: I believe there is also a hotel called parkside inn...I ahve never stayed there and it confuses me that two hotels have a similar name. )

the mad hatter
12-10-2004, 08:08 AM
check out www.tripadvisor.com , it has lots of reviews to lots of motels/hotels. very good site.

JosieGirl71
12-10-2004, 08:10 AM
If you only need one bed, you can get HoJo's for $50 through mousesavers.com.

stan4d_steph
12-10-2004, 10:02 AM
(on a side note: I believe there is also a hotel called parkside inn...I ahve never stayed there and it confuses me that two hotels have a similar name. )There's a Parkside Inn, a Park Vue Inn and a Park Inn. I stayed in the Park Inn back in October and was pleasantly surprised at the comfort and decor. Rate was about $70/night through Expedia. Spacious room, clean, comfortable bed, close walk to the main entrance.

SCUBAbe
12-10-2004, 10:30 AM
There's a Parkside Inn, a Park Vue Inn and a Park Inn. I stayed in the Park Inn back in October and was pleasantly surprised at the comfort and decor. Rate was about $70/night through Expedia. Spacious room, clean, comfortable bed, close walk to the main entrance.

Thats the one I stayed in...LOL..the rate was about the same. I would stay there again. We are on a queat to stay in most of the hotels across the street...LOL, but first I need to re-new my pass. It expired today...
:crying:

the mad hatter
12-10-2004, 10:32 AM
We are on a queat

What a small world (pun intended)....I'm on a queat too! ;)

SCUBAbe
12-10-2004, 10:37 AM
What a small world (pun intended)....I'm on a queat too! ;)

ok >>>LOL...quest...I should really proof read since all my letters have been rubbed off of my keyboard...LOL

the mad hatter
12-10-2004, 10:38 AM
I should really proof read since all my letters have been rubbed off of my keyboard

Oh my, how funny! all the letters on my keyboard have been....
....doh'! nevermind.

Surfingstitch
12-10-2004, 10:46 AM
I just got back from the Best Western Anaheim Inn.

The place was really nice and only cost 60.00 per night.

Right between Denny's and Tony Roma's