PDA

View Full Version : If you can't go any other time. . .

tinksmom
12-09-2004, 09:37 AM
Supposing you are a teacher and your husband is a teacher and you can only visit the Happiest Place on Earth during the summer and Christmas (because you and your husband have different spring breaks). . .

And you would really like to see Disney at Christmas ('05 to be exact). . .

And you can stay at the GCH, and you like to get up early in the morning anyway. . .

. . . Would you go next Christmas (say the 21st through the 26th) or would you take the approximately $4,000 the trip will cost and go to Hawaii for a week?

SCUBAbe
12-09-2004, 09:39 AM
. . . Would you go next Christmas (say the 21st through the 26th) or would you take the approximately $4,000 the trip will cost and go to Hawaii for a week?

since I've been on 12/27 and I know what it's like...I would choose hawaii hands down!!

cstephens
12-09-2004, 09:42 AM

That depends on whether you're more interested in seeing Disneyland at Christmas time or seeing Hawaii for a week. I personally would choose Hawaii because I can visit Disneyland any time I want to. If I wasn't local, I might choose Disneyland. Pick which ever one you want to do more.

mystycalchyk
12-09-2004, 09:44 AM
Funny....I just had sort of the same question posed to me by my boss..."If you couldnt go to Disneyland for New Years, what would you do instead?" (she was looking for ideas of where to go, and what to do)

*crickets chirping*

:|
I honestly had no clue. I was literally stumped.

I cant even imagine NOT going to Disneyland for Christmas and New Years. :geek:

rentayenta
12-09-2004, 10:01 AM
Supposing you are a teacher and your husband is a teacher and you can only visit the Happiest Place on Earth during the summer and Christmas (because you and your husband have different spring breaks). . .

And you would really like to see Disney at Christmas ('05 to be exact). . .

And you can stay at the GCH, and you like to get up early in the morning anyway. . .

Well considering we are about to take almost the exact trip but at the DLH, I'd say go to Disneyland next Christmas! DH is a firefighter not a teacher and I am in grad school.

JosieGirl71
12-09-2004, 10:10 AM
We were faced with the same question about a year ago (for this Christmas). Our choice was Hawaii for one week or DL for two weeks for the same amount of money. It was a tough decision but we chose DL. Our sons have never been to either (they are 11 and 15) and my husband and I have never been to Hawaii. It came down to wanting a two week vacation vs. only one week AND my husband wanting to go to Hawaii WITHOUT the DS's. My oldest DS was bummed but now with only 6 days left to DL, he is very excited.

BTW, how old are your kids? That may be the determining factor.

outlaw8
12-09-2004, 11:26 AM
Well considering I DON'T fly....I will AlWAYs take Disneyland.. :D
My wife is going to Hawaii in Feb for a week and I'm going to DL!!!

mad4mky
12-09-2004, 12:05 PM
We had the same problem last Christmas time.

We go to Disneyland fairly often (we live in No. California), but our 3 girls wanted to go for Christmas last year...again.
My dear husband was working over in Hawaii last year, right at Christmas time, and had a free hotel room, as his company was paying for it...the girls had never been to Hawaii...so we (the parents) chose Hawaii. :D They weren't thrilled at first, but once they got there...they loved it. Even our oldest girl who threw such a fit about not going to DL! She, of the three, loved Hawaii the most! :eek: She loved snorkeling, and even touched a sea turtle while doing so...

Being in Hawaii at Christmas time is soooo cool :D (well, warm actually...but you get what I mean, right ;) ). Singing Christmas songs, seeing Christmas trees and fake snow while it is a beautiful tropical 75 degrees out was great. :) Here we are...wearing shorts and swimsuits everyday...while people, even in California, are bundled up in coats and scarves.

Plus, the crowds at DL during Christmas are bad (course, we are going this year on Christmas Day...)...but at least in Hawaii, there is a lot more elbow room.
Just think...sitting on Waikiki beach on Christmas Day...ahhhhhh (course, I don't know what island you are thinking of...but re-picture it as...sitting on a Maui beach on Christmas Day...ahhhhhh... :D ).

Hands down...Hawaii. :D *

*Course, many years ago, my husband took me to Hawaii for my birthday (we were just dating then)...I was bummed, I would have rather gone to DLR, as I hadn't been in a while, and had never been to Hawaii. Friends thought I was nuts to think that way, as Hawaii is wonderful. And, after being in Maui...I agree...Hawaii was great. But, I still missed Disneyland! :rolleyes:

By the way...my girls are now 14, 18 and 21...so they are older, and could lots of neat stuff in Hawaii. :)

jasonpbyu
12-09-2004, 01:14 PM
depends if you want a stressful 'run run run' vacation, or a nice relaxing trip to paradise.

having been Hawaii, it is one of the only vacations i went on that i didn't come back from exhausted wishing i had a vacation from vacation. LOL

danyoung
12-09-2004, 01:22 PM
Our choice was Hawaii for one week or DL for two weeks for the same amount of money.

So I've just gotta ask - what do you do at DL for TWO WEEKS?

QueenAlisha
12-09-2004, 01:42 PM
I say go to Disneyland For a week and maybe the beach or other attractions for another. I think Hawaii is overrated, it was hot humid, had to many confusing one way streets and big bugs. It was yet another dream i had shattered, first it was hollywood then Hawaii. So i say DL/the beach/other ca. attractions.

jasonpbyu
12-09-2004, 04:47 PM
I say go to Disneyland For a week and maybe the beach or other attractions for another. I think Hawaii is overrated, it was hot humid, had to many confusing one way streets and big bugs. It was yet another dream i had shattered, first it was hollywood then Hawaii. So i say DL/the beach/other ca. attractions.

when did you go to hawaii? i have not heard many say it was too hot for them over in hawaii

mad4mky
12-09-2004, 07:01 PM

Wow...I have been to Hawaii three times this year.
Not once has it been too hot...or had big bugs (I have gone to Kona..the Big Island and Honolulu/Waikiki twice).
Hubby has been there 5 times this year.
Sorry you had such a bad experience.
My girls thought Hawaii would be like Florida...which we had gone to WDW in early May...and they just were so miserable...it was very hot...very humid...and they just hatted it. But, to their surprise, Hawaii was so pleasant and nice. The nice tradewinds keep the air fairly cool.
And, San Francisco has more confusing one way streets than Hawaii does (at least my experience).

having been Hawaii, it is one of the only vacations i went on that i didn't come back from exhausted wishing i had a vacation from vacation. LOL

I agree. Every time I go to Hawaii, I come back tan...relaxed...and just ahhhh...so nice...it's hard to come home. While I LOVE Disneyland...(and I have been to WDW, DL Paris and the Disney Cruise...the Magic)...it is a razzle dazzle, rush around time, and I don't get much relaxing in. :D

So...take the vacation for what you want...relaxation...or a theme park with rides.
Both are nice...but it depends on what you want to do. :)

QueenAlisha
12-09-2004, 07:26 PM
it was a couple years ago. it wasnt so much the heat (i live in vegas) but the humitiy thing, near killed me. we have no hudmity here, so that was a factor. Maybe some day i will enjoy it but it was nothing special. i'm strange like that.