PDA

View Full Version : Giant snowglobe at Disneyland

Christiii
12-09-2004, 08:51 AM
Well, I havent seen any posts about this...but our local Sacramento morning show is doing a live remote at Disneyland right now..they have a huge snowglobe in front of the castle...whassup wi dat?? A real Santa is inside, and the reporter..I havent seen too close up a shot yet..they keep sayng they will come back to it...it looks just adorable tho. Earlier they interviewed the womean who is head of all the decorations, she said they do both parks, the hotels and downtown disney. Pretty boring interview tho, she just talked about the different christams lights you can use, and how you can make mickey head balls by drilling a hole in the large ornament and inserting two smaller ones for the ears...sorry..but if I was doing that, I woul just glue them...hello!!! I can just see some doofus trying to drill a glass ornament (they never said to use the plastic ones..duh!)
Anyhoo..Ill keep watching, and I dont know how long the snowglobe is there..if anyone is around there..go check it out!

Christiii
12-09-2004, 09:16 AM
what the heck time does DL open today?? he was broadcasting right before 10..and there was NO ONE around...the snowglobe was to the left of the castle...right after the hub..they rally panned the camera around..and the place was total empty...even thru the castle to Fantasyland...wish I was there right now!!

cstephens
12-09-2004, 09:55 AM
what the heck time does DL open today?? he was broadcasting right before 10..and there was NO ONE around...the snowglobe was to the left of the castle...right after the hub..they rally panned the camera around..and the place was total empty...even thru the castle to Fantasyland...wish I was there right now!!

I think the park opened at 10am today.

the mad hatter
12-09-2004, 09:57 AM
They might also have some of the area roped off due to camera crews

Christiii
12-09-2004, 10:19 AM
YEAH, I thought of that of course..but I mean there was NO ONE around when they panned the camera...at DL usually you see tons of people behind the ropes..makes sense if they opened at 10 tho..since this was just before 10..I thought they would open earlier for this season. Wonder how long they are leaving this snowglobe up for..it was on a platform with skirting and wrapped gifts all around it...really cute!! They could also make it snow inside..love it!!

SteveK
12-09-2004, 10:29 AM
I'm going over at lunch and will check it out. Caught the tail end of a story on the local fox morning show here in LA as well.
-Steve

I Heart Disneyland!
12-09-2004, 11:24 AM
Pictures, pictures! I'd love to see this! :)

Shortiemetoo
12-09-2004, 12:10 PM
Hi Christiii,
I was watching that too and saw the pastry chef for disneyland in an interview. He was totally dry and didn't even crack a smile!! But the decorated cookies he had were beautiful! I want to go sooooo bad! I wonder if they allow people to take their pictures inside the globe? That would be fun! :~D

SteveK
12-09-2004, 03:17 PM
Just got back. If you're looking at the Castle, it's slightly to the left side near the street. It's basically a large air filled globe with "snow" blowing around inside to make it look like a snowglobe. There's a small stage/platform in front and there are a couple of tables set up behind it. Looks like it might be for some type of special show/filming. We couldn't get an answer out of the CM's. Very cool looking and the CM photographers are asking visitors if they want to stand in front of it to take pictures.
-Steve

kbanmen
12-09-2004, 04:25 PM
On Cast Tv at work (DCA) it is a tv station for cast members..they said a few weeks ago that radio and tv stations will be doing promos and other things at DL and DCA for this month. I havent seen any at DCA as of yet but then I leave by 7 am

Christiii
12-09-2004, 04:29 PM
it looked really cool with the snow going...people can get inside it and be a live snow globe..when I was watching, they had Santa and the lame tv host guy inside...lets just say that SANTA looked cute :D

kbanmen
12-09-2004, 04:31 PM
I would love to see this...

SoCalDude
12-09-2004, 07:50 PM
yup - we saw it today. I wish I took my camera! I aksed the CM why it was there and all she knew it was for a live feed that she thought would happen about 1pm but that is all she knew.

You could go up to it - the ropes kept you prob about two feet away. I asked one of the picture taking CMs if they could take our picture in front of it and they told me no - that they could only take our pic standing in front of the castle. I thought that was strange, but oh well. It saved me like $15 or however much those pics cost :geek:

Candy Chase
12-09-2004, 08:05 PM
Yes, it is there. I didn't get close enough to get a close look today, we spent much of the day in DCA and weren't in that part of the park at closing for the fireworks and it was covered. We are here until Sunday and plan to go check it out tomorrow. I will get some pics and post as soon as I can.

Mickeyslittlehelper
12-09-2004, 09:08 PM
There are now some pictures over at DLDHistory of it: http://www.dldhistory.com/gallery.asp?Tab=Disneyland&Page=119&Current=372&ID=5

I Heart Disneyland!
12-09-2004, 10:24 PM
There are now some pictures over at DLDHistory of it: http://www.dldhistory.com/gallery.asp?Tab=Disneyland&Page=119&Current=372&ID=5

You took the words right out of my mouth! I was going to post that they were there too! :) They look great!

Pammer
12-10-2004, 08:44 AM
...the lame tv host guy...

Oh, I think Mark S. Allen is a hoot! :D

I saw this yesterday morning as well, and was thinking how disappointed I was to have missed him, and the snowglobe, by one day (I was at DL 12/5 - 12/8!). Of course, just being away from DL is disappointing too! :crying:

the mad hatter
12-10-2004, 09:11 AM
Oh, I think Mark S. Allen is a hoot!

OMG that guy annoys me so much. I think he trys too hard to be 'cool'. IMO.

by the by...there's alot of sacramento people on here. i'm also a native and resident of the sac-land.

Stupid_American
12-10-2004, 08:43 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/stupid_american/globe.jpg

Melaniee
12-13-2004, 11:26 AM
Oh, so it has a purpose? LOL...I thought it was just a wierd thing to look at..so I didn't. Serves me right.

itig
12-16-2004, 04:30 PM
That's a great pic "Stupid_American"! We were there when the globe was up. It looked really cool, especially at night.

kisroo
12-16-2004, 06:48 PM

Yes, they were taping at 10am that morning. To do so they had roped the whole entrance under the castle area off right at opening.....kinda annoying.
:rolleyes:

The globe did look cool at night, though.

ToursbabeC3po
12-16-2004, 06:49 PM
The Giant snow globe was for a private party that night. I have know ideal what it was for but it was pretty!
((((((((((hugs)))))))))))
Jennifer

disneyperson
12-17-2004, 01:38 PM
we got to see it on Friday night but it was gone on Saturday. It was very pretty, I'm glad we saw it.

Diamondbacker
12-18-2004, 12:44 PM
Was in the park till closing Friday night at 1 am and it was still up - but it was gone by opening at 8 AM Saturday morning!