PDA

View Full Version : Area Hotel Parking

Stupid_American
12-09-2004, 07:58 AM
Because of discounts from her work, my sister has stayed at the Sheraton and the Radisson.
Both charge $10 for parking.

Just out of curiosity, do all the area hotels charge for parking?

JosieGirl71
12-09-2004, 08:00 AM
No. It's free at HoJo's and Tropicana Inn. I'm sure there are many other.

Darkbeer
12-09-2004, 08:22 AM
Seems like many of the hotels that deal with places like Hotwire and Priceline have added parking fees (such as the Radisson) when there is no real reason why they need to (Hotels that have a major Convention business, or are located in areas that it is hard to find parking are two main reasons why there are parking fees).

But adding the fees helps, I know the Hyatt can be as low as $30 a night on Priceline/Hotwire, and then you add a $12 a day (Hyatt) parking fee, you have significantly added to the daily cost (and none of it has to be shared with the online reservation company). Also, Hyatt has a High-Speed Internet fee ($10 a day, $40 for the week)... So your $30 a day room is now $52 a night.....

But then places like HoJo's offers free parking and free High Speed Internet, so it is important to shop around when you get rates for different hotels....

SCUBAbe
12-09-2004, 08:41 AM
I've never paid for parking. It was free at hojos, caurasel (sp?...but I will not stay there again.), free at the park inn and suites and the international travel lodge. When I stay at the on property hotels I always valet the car.:)

Stupid_American
12-09-2004, 09:08 AM
I guess it's the "corporate" hotels that pull this.

The Sheraton even parks cars on a sectioned off area of Ox Road (the northern extension of Cast Place).
I'd really hate to think taxpayers are subsidizing them!

nightdesigns
12-09-2004, 04:25 PM
If you're staying a a hotel near the convention center, most likely those are the ones that charge.