PDA

View Full Version : DL at New Years??

PsychDoc
12-08-2004, 06:36 PM
My husband is planning on driving to the LA area for one of the "Bowl Games." He hates DL (crazy) so he offered to drop my friend, my daughter and myself off at DL. I've heard it is totally nuts at that time. At this late date I could only find 3 walking distance hotels left from Dec 30 -- Jan 2. Ramada, Maingate, Castle Inn, and HoJos. Am I nuts for going at that time? Which is the best hotel option (prices are all pretty close, $100 a night). Please help!!

QueenAlisha
12-08-2004, 07:16 PM
We will be staying at Ramada Maingate this weekend. i will let you know at the begging of the week.

sunnyca
12-08-2004, 09:10 PM
I'm thinking of going to DL on New Years Eve for the first time in my life. I am expecting pure mayhem, but there's something about being in the park at that time...you know? :)

Candy Chase
12-08-2004, 11:16 PM
We went last year at New Years and it was really, really crowded and everyone cast members and guests seemed to have taken their Grumpy pills. We ended up going back to the hotel early after we got caught in the mob leaving Fantasmic. My husband swears never to come back at New Year's again. The kids and I may try it again this year, just to see if it is always that bad, or we just were in the wrong places at the wrong times last year.

FantasmicFanatic
12-09-2004, 12:43 AM
How are the fireworks? Bigger than usual right?

Candy Chase
12-09-2004, 06:11 AM
The fireworks were spectacular! Unfortunately, we watched them from the balcony of the Park Inn.

PsychDoc
12-09-2004, 06:17 AM
I figured as much. I'm usually a, get there before park opens and stay till midnight kind of girl. But, I'm taking my 2 year old. Just being there at that time is really enough for me. I don't necessarily need to be in the park at New Years. I'm planning on leaving late (10 pm) from Las Vegas and getting a room that night. We can catch a few hours of sleep before going in. I'm also thinking that as the day goes on, it'll get more crowded. We'll also go in all day Sat and half day on Sunday. Wouldn't it be less crazy then? I'm going for it.

rentayenta
12-09-2004, 07:02 AM
Hi PsychDoc, long time no see :)

From what I have read I would go with HoJo's. That's where we would be staying if not at the DLH. I don't think you are crazy at all. I bet you'll have a blast.

PsychDoc
12-09-2004, 07:50 AM
Yup. I've been very busy lately; no time to post. The best deal I found was at the Castle Inn for $72 a night, through the MP travel site. My friend (who's going with) said she's stayed there before and it wasn't bad. I've been reading some mixed reviews about it. I figure for a holiday and this late in date, I got a pretty good deal. It's also very close. I'll have my 2 year old, so I want to stay as close to the gate as possible. I just want to see the Holiday decorations and the Castle. I was very bummed because I didn't think I'd get to go this season. However, my husband (surprisingly so) told me to go.

mystycalchyk
12-09-2004, 08:54 AM
I just cancelled my reservations at our normal stand-by The Tropicana for the Extended Stay @ The Anaheim Convention Center.

$67 a night! :eek: has a full sized fridge, and kitchen with all cooking and eating utensils.