PDA

View Full Version : Food 4 Less?

mumeee99
12-07-2004, 12:38 PM
Hi guys

I haven't posted in a while, things have been hectic here to say the least. Anyway we're going to Disneyland NEXT WEEK! WHOOOOOOOOO and the first thing I need to do when I get to the hotel is hit the Food 4 Less on Katella and get my 2 year old his soy milk. Here is my question, would Food 4 Less have soy milk or is it more of a 711 kind of store?

Thanks for your help!

Osky
12-07-2004, 12:39 PM
I would be extremely surprised if Food4Less didn't have it.

Lani
12-07-2004, 12:46 PM
Here is my question, would Food 4 Less have soy milk or is it more of a 711 kind of store? You're coming to California. You should be able to find soy milk in just about any grocery store.

mumeee99
12-07-2004, 12:47 PM
Oh good! Thank you for your reply, I'd hate to walk down there and not find it.

mumeee99
12-07-2004, 12:47 PM
You're coming to California. You should be able to find soy milk in just about any grocery store.

LOL thanks!

Lani
12-07-2004, 12:49 PM
LOL thanks!If you're in a real bind, check with some of the coffee shops (not the diners, but the Starbucks types that sell espresso). Many of them will provide soy milk as an alternative to cream or milk. You might have to ask, though; they don't always have it out on the counter.

the mad hatter
12-07-2004, 12:52 PM
WHOOOOOOOOO

Who? lol :D

stan4d_steph
12-07-2004, 12:53 PM
The Starbucks near me also sell the cartons of Silk products, so you might be able to get some if you happen past one.

Darkbeer
12-07-2004, 01:10 PM
FYI, Food4Less in Southern California is run by Kroger/Ralphs, and is a large full sized SuperMarket. They do have a lot of "Club Sized" stuff, but also have a full selection of products...

Also, it is the closest Supermarket to the DLR, about 1 mile west on Katella (south side of the street). You can also find a Sav-On Drug Store and a Hometown Buffet in the center, and a K-Mart is across the street.

kbanmen
12-07-2004, 01:20 PM
I am sure food for less would have it.. I go graocery shopping there every 2 weeks..I think they have alot of things..it isnt like a 7-11 store at all

Stupid_American
12-07-2004, 01:53 PM
Food 4 less is pretty much the opposite of a 7/11.
It has the feel of a wharehouse store but sells single items.

On Euclid, a couple lights north of I-5, there's a 99 Ranch Market.
They sell fresh soy milk; often, it's still warm!
Euclid intersects I-5 just north of Disneyland.

http://homepage.mac.com/stupid_american/food.jpg

kbanmen
12-07-2004, 03:01 PM
grat idea stupid american..a map.,..never thought about that

junecleaver
12-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Can I walk to the grocery store or is it a bus or cab ride away? Is there a direct bus up Katella? Does the public bus system suck?

kbanmen
12-07-2004, 06:03 PM
you could walk, but it might take about 1/2 hour or so..maybe..

Stupid_American
12-07-2004, 06:44 PM
Can I walk to the grocery store or is it a bus or cab ride away? Is there a direct bus up Katella? Does the public bus system suck?

The #50 bus runs east/west the length of Katella.
#37 runs north/south on Euclid.

I added an approximate mileage legend to the map.

junecleaver
12-09-2004, 05:17 PM
Thanks Stupid American. It feels a little weird saying that. :D

CoasterChickie
12-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Thanks Stupid American. It feels a little weird saying that. :D

(LOL) I always think that too!! It's also funny to say June Cleaver.

Anyways, about Food for Less...have any of you actually bought decent food there? I've only shopped at the one in Maui and the pop tarts or whatever they called them were rancid. It turned me off to shopping there. Also, I went to the store next door to 7-11 by Disneyland and their groceries were fine, but I bought some batteries and they were no good. I didn't have time to return them and I'm sure they would have , but just a note of caution...be sure to check expiration dates.

I Heart Disneyland!
12-09-2004, 10:07 PM
Oh good! Thank you for your reply, I'd hate to walk down there and not find it.

Call them first, that way you won't hike there for nothing. :) If they don't have it, call Ralph's or other local stores. Any other store names you So. Cals??? Have a WONDERFUL vacation!!! :D

Stupid_American
12-09-2004, 10:11 PM
I post on many travel boards frequented by many Brits, Aussies and Canadians.
When in disagreement, their usual tactic is to call us stupid.
My handle ruins that tactic!

Darkbeer
12-09-2004, 10:57 PM
[QUOTE=CoasterChickieAnyways, about Food for Less...have any of you actually bought decent food there? I've only shopped at the one in Maui [/QUOTE]
Note, first off, there are multiple chains with similar names, Food4Less is different from Food for Less, I noticed that when I was on the Big Island recently....

And to make things even more complicated, Food4Less is a franchise, and different owners operate the chain in different areas... for example, the owners in Northern California are totally different that the Southern California owners...

The Ralphs company ended up with the Food4Less rights in SoCal years ago, and then when Kroger bought Ralphs, they took over the operating rights... You wil find many Kroger branded items at Food4Less, more than Ralphs itself.....

When we had the SoCal supermarket strike earlier this year, while Ralphs, Vons and Albertsons all went on strike (or were locked out), Food4Less was on a seperate Union contract (it is a "limited service" supermarket, aka no bagging, no in-store butcher, etc...) and was one of the most popular places to buy groceries during the strike.

I have shopped at SoCal (and NoCal) Food4Less stores, and never had a problem..... By biggest complaint, that the Food4Less prices have good up, and now are much closer to the other chains... not as many bargains.....

My2kidsrule
12-10-2004, 07:07 AM
That food 4 less has Silk products, so you'll be good. I did the same thing in November. the thing about food 4 less is to watch the expire dates. It's owned by Ralphs, but it's very low-end (that sounds snobbby, but oh well. Also, they have a lame beer selection. corona is their best import. :-)

cstephens
12-10-2004, 10:09 AM
Anyways, about Food for Less...have any of you actually bought decent food there?

I've shopped there on occasions, but now, I mainly only go if I'm desperate and there's nothing else around. I suppose dry goods would be ok, but their fruits and vegetables are fairly horrible.

My brother could never remember the name of the place and frequently referred to it as "Help-U-Save".

JosieGirl71
12-10-2004, 01:33 PM
So what other supermarkets are nearby? It doesn't sound like I want to shop at Food4Less. :D