PDA

View Full Version : What is Your SINGLE-Most Favorite Attraction in the DLR?

Pages : [1] 2 3

HorizonsA
12-07-2004, 12:22 PM
I'm just curious to know what is your single most favorite attraction in the Disneyland Resort. Now I know when similar threads are started, people will usually start to give a whole list of their favorite attractions, but that's not what I am asking; I'm just asking for your SINGLE-most Favorite attraction in DL. And when you post your favorite, tell us why; what makes this attraction stand out from all the rest that it makes it your favorite.

Although I can't stop anyone from making a huge list of their favorite attractions, I still would like to see what people's most favorite attraction is and why?

HorizonsA
12-07-2004, 12:28 PM
My most favorite attraction in the Disneyland Resort is the Matterhorn Bobsleds.

What makes Matterhorn stand out from the rest is that it is the tallest attraction in the Park. The roar of the Abominable Snowman can be heard from Main Street. The waterfalls make it look really majestic. The thrill is absolutely great. The attraction is pretty historic in that it was the first attraction in the world to admit more than one car at a time. It was the first attarction in the world to use tubular rails for tracks which youcan see today on the BIG roller coasters today. The darkness in the lift part is great; you don't know when you've reached the top until you feel it. And it's just great to look at. Plus, Matterhorn Bibsleds can ONLY be found at Disneyland and no other Disney theme park.

Osky
12-07-2004, 12:30 PM
My single most favorite attraction has to be the Haunted Mansion. Not really sure why. I have had a curious fascination with it since I was a little kid. I love reading all of the history, and I have a curious fascination with Paul Frees as well. Probably stemmed from the Rankin Bass Christmas specials...

the mad hatter
12-07-2004, 12:54 PM
POTC. If I wasn't already married...I'd probably ask it to marry me.

12-07-2004, 12:58 PM
Submarine Voyage, R.I.P. So lovely, so funny, so ... antique. *sigh*

derraj25
12-07-2004, 12:59 PM
Mr. derraj25...POTC. I love it because once you are in there, you actually feel like you are part of the attraction. We have a dvd that shows all the concept art before it was constructed. I have a very deep appreciation of all of the work that it took to put that together.

Mrs. derraj25...Toss up between BTMRR and Alladin. Plain and simply put BTMRR, it's fun. Once you enter the queue, you feel that you are stepping into the 1800's. Plus she loves the goat trick. Alladin in DCA (sucker for a great musical)

derraj25 jr (7yo son) ...California Screemin'. "It's fast and awesome"

derraj25 (6 yo daughter) ...The Ol' Mark Twain (as she calls it) She likes the scenes around the island and waving to people as we go by

derraj25 twins (4 yo daughters)..."Pooh Ride"

oregontraveler
12-07-2004, 01:02 PM
I have to agree with HorizonsA. I love the Matterhorn because after the lift hill, it's all gravity. You really seem to swoosh down the hill like a bobsled. And it is only found at DLR.

Mommy2NicknMax
12-07-2004, 01:11 PM
My favorite is Indy. I so love this attraction! It's just very different from other rides I've been on and I love the Indy movies so that makes it even better.

Stupid_American
12-07-2004, 01:14 PM
One place we always hit is the Golden Horseshoe to take in Billy Hill.
My wife's favorite ride is Space Mountain (it's been quite a wait!).
Mine would be the Matterhorn.
We both really like Soaring.

My most vivid childhood memories are from Tom Sawyer's Island.

dlandnut
12-07-2004, 01:18 PM
Absolutely Pirates of the Caribbean. We always ride it first when we get to the park. I love the sounds, the smells, the animatronics. Favorite scene? Of course it's the dog holding the keys in his mouth at the jail. I am especially in awe of this attraction, since it is one of the older ones in the park, yet still attracts such a following. :)

The Lovely Mrs. tod
12-07-2004, 01:24 PM
Peter Pan

kbanmen
12-07-2004, 01:37 PM
I would have to say...splash mountain..love the drop at the end

itig
12-07-2004, 01:42 PM
Splash Mountain for sure...it's long, very upbeat music, fun little drops and a great big drop...it feels very old school Disney to me. Love it!

DLRCM
12-07-2004, 02:05 PM
Difinately Pirates.... :D

rentayenta
12-07-2004, 02:34 PM
This is tough having to pick just one. The first one that comes to mind is It's a Small World. I am sure I am in the minority but I adore this ride. It reminds me of going to DL as a child with my dad. I love the music and the dolls. I think it's just fantastic.

Mr Yenta- BTMRR

Little DD Yenta 8 y/o- Matterhorn

Little DD Yenta almost 6 y/o- IASW

Little DS Yenta 3 y/o- IASW

Christiii
12-07-2004, 02:53 PM
Haunted Mansion...was always my fav since I was a kid..so it still is...followed closely by Peter Pan...there is a spot on hwy 1 inbetween Santa Cruz and Montery that used to remind me soooo much of my favorite part in Peter Pan. Thepart of the ride when you go around he corner and are enveloped in the stars. It is so beautiful, it would bring tears to my eyes when I would drive it...you see nothing but darkness on the freeway, then your round this bend and voila...the most beautiful view of twinkling lights!!!

Wendi
12-07-2004, 02:54 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean... probably for nostalgic reasons, it's just a great ride, I love how real the animatronics look, I just like taking in all the scenery, and it's a ride I remember most from all of my trips to Disneyland as a child.

tod
12-07-2004, 02:56 PM
The Mark Twain. Preferably at night. Preferably from the wheelhouse.

--t

Emma
12-07-2004, 03:07 PM
My favorite attraction is Peter Pan's Flight

Flint
12-07-2004, 04:05 PM
Haunted Mansion, though Peter Pan's Flight is a close second.

vangrizz
12-07-2004, 04:20 PM
Mr. Toads wild ride. It was the first ride I can remember going on and it's part of a really great memory of a trip with my parents.

I Heart Disneyland!
12-07-2004, 04:37 PM
Pirates!!! I love the sound of the people screaming as you wait in line, and I love the smell inside there. I have memories of being there as a kid, and taking MY children there when they were kids. Hopefully someday I will be taking my grandkids there to enjoy it as well. It's been there so long, it has spanned a couple of generations for me. I went as a child with my parents, and went with my children. :)

kbanmen
12-07-2004, 04:43 PM
that smell is neat isnt it..its like an old musty smell..I love the smell as well..are we weird people?? hmmmmmmmm

SCUBAbe
12-07-2004, 05:24 PM
Tower of terror...:)

kbanmen
12-07-2004, 05:32 PM
hmmmmmmm.tower is in DCA..but if i had to chose between the 2 parks that would be my favorite as well