PDA

View Full Version : Candy cane question

jiminycesq
12-07-2004, 12:12 PM
I have read about freshly made candy canes being available on certain days. Apparently they are quite popular but I have never been there on the right day! Is there routinely some days that they are made? What makes them special? Do they come in multiple flavors? Does the "special taste" from being freshly made last, or is it only good right away?

Thanks - I hope to time a visit to get one before Christmas!

kbanmen
12-07-2004, 01:39 PM
I have never heard of this? Is it in DL? Of course it probably is..

itig
12-07-2004, 01:40 PM
I have read about freshly made candy canes being available on certain days. Apparently they are quite popular but I have never been there on the right day! Is there routinely some days that they are made? What makes them special? Do they come in multiple flavors? Does the "special taste" from being freshly made last, or is it only good right away?

Thanks - I hope to time a visit to get one before Christmas!

My understanding is that it's on Friday's at a candy store on Main Street. I'll be there this Friday, so I'll have to find out :)

I'm sure someone else here has the name...

Christiii
12-07-2004, 01:57 PM
how totally cute!! Ive never seen this...but I would love to!!

bluepearl
12-07-2004, 02:01 PM
The Candy Palace?

Wish I had the energy to drive out there after work on a Friday!

The Lovely Mrs. tod
12-07-2004, 02:02 PM
We were at the Candy Shop on Saturday night and they had candy canes and she said that they had been made that day.

I was going to get one but I was loaded down with the last of the cinnamon candy apples they had made on Friday.

-TLMt

tod
12-07-2004, 02:32 PM
Call 714 781 0112 (or 39 on my cell phone) and you can get a recorded message saying what's cookin' at the Candy Palace. Updated Sundays.

Today (12/7) they're making English Toffee and Peanut Clusters.

Candy Canes will be made on Friday.

Remember, they start making stuff when the park opens, so it takes a while.

--t