PDA

View Full Version : Activating your AP at DCA?

Jewels
12-06-2004, 08:54 PM
I had read awhile ago that they had a place to activate your AP at DCA. I know that is sounds like there has been an hour or more wait at the DL booth. I was wondering if anyone has used the DCA site, where is was and how was the line?

We leave in less then two weeks and I can not wait to use our AP for the first time.

DisneyDustin22
12-06-2004, 09:34 PM
as far as I know the only place to "process" your AP is in DL. But you are saying "activate". Do you already have your pass? If so then it is already activated and you just go into the park. But if you do not have it yet, then you have to go into DL, near the Space Mountain exit, and have your pass made.

Jewels
12-06-2004, 09:38 PM
Just to clarify I have the paper AP I need to "activate" it for the first time to get the plastic one.

Merm8fan
12-06-2004, 09:38 PM
I just renewed at the resort on Thursday. There is a "pickup" station at DCA, but you still have to pay for the renewal at the ticket booths. The passport actually prints at the DCA Guest Relations counter. At the ticket booth, you are given a paper ticket (like the regular admission passes) to give to the CM's at the DCA Guest Relations who then give you your new passport.

As for myself, I waited until about an hour or so before closing, then went out to the ticket booths (which were then deserted) to renew. As DCA was closed, I was directed to the "outside" Guest Relations window at DCA to pick it up. This window is on the east side of the DCA entry, if you want to try the same strategy.

Note: My current pasport was going to expire on the 8th, but I wanted to get the renewal over with. I had a Premium, and downgraded to a Deluxe as it worked out better for me. I found out after the fact that upon renewal, your old barcode is removed from the system, and so I had to use my new "cheap" passport for the remainder of the visit. Luckily, the other members of my party had their valid "Premiums" so we still got parking.

Merm8fan
12-06-2004, 09:39 PM
Clarification: the DCA counter is for renewals only.

DisneyDustin22
12-06-2004, 09:52 PM
well there ya have it...and there it is.

ppmuse
12-07-2004, 08:08 AM
Merm is right. My brother just bought one and we went into DCA first. It said Annual Passholders so we thought we would miss the lines at Space Mountain. They told him that he had to go over to Disneyland to get his pass, so first timers are not allowed to get it at DCA. On another note, I keep reading about how busy it is to get your annual pass this time of year. When I got mine in October, I waited an hour to get my pass. When my brother went during the weekend after Thanksgiving, there was no line.

Surfingstitch
12-07-2004, 08:12 AM
I upgraded my park hopper to an annual pass. I had one back in 2002, so they printed and I picked it up from DCA in two minutes. Great fun!!!

Mommy2NicknMax
12-07-2004, 09:31 AM
Surfingstitch - Welcome back!

When you upgraded your pass to an AP, did you have to pay the difference at the ticket booth first? Or go straight to the processing center? Just curious since I'll be doing that too in a few days.

Hope you had a wonderful time!

Surfingstitch
12-07-2004, 09:37 AM
Surfingstitch - Welcome back!

When you upgraded your pass to an AP, did you have to pay the difference at the ticket booth first? Or go straight to the processing center? Just curious since I'll be doing that too in a few days.

Hope you had a wonderful time!

Thanks Mommy2NicknMax!!!

I just paid the difference at the ticket booth. They had my photo on file so I just picked it up from Guest relations (on the left side after entering) DCA.

VickiC
12-07-2004, 10:58 AM
Do they retake kids' pics every couple of years? My daughter looks so different now at 5.5 than she did at 3, I could take almost any 5 year old vaguely blond child in.

evrythngwmn
12-08-2004, 03:05 AM
We just got a pass for my niece and her last picture was taken at about age 3. She's six now. When I mentioned the difference to the CM at the DCA renewal pick up area she told us we could have a new photo taken at Space Mountain.