PDA

View Full Version : PAP Renewal by Mail - Problems this year?

KarenW2
12-06-2004, 11:02 AM
For those who've renewed their PAPs by mail this year, has there been any problem getting into the parks, if you go before your current PAP expires, but before you actually receive the new PAP in the mail?

Last year, we renewed by mail for the discount and coupon and found when we went to the parks after we'd mailed in our payment, but before we received the new PAP, there was a hassle getting into the parks, since they had it on the computer as the new card being issued, but since we hadn't gotten it yet, we were using the current PAPs that hadn't yet expired.

How long has the turn around for renewals been? I'm trying to figure out if I should mail it today (we'd planned to go to the parks yesterday for the CP, but cancelled due to the rain!) because we don't plan to go to the parks again til probably 12-20. Our PAPs expire on 12-29-04.

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me on this!

Osky
12-06-2004, 11:34 AM
I renewed ours about six weeks ago. Sent the forms in on Monday, and my wife's pass was in my hand on Friday. It seems to me, based on the time it took, that they get them one day, and mail out the new one the very next day.

That being said, I just got mine this weekend. The envelope has a stamp on it that says "FOUND IN SUPPOSEDLY EMPTY EQUIPMENT". I got about 4 or 5 bills and a few other pieces of mail all with the same stamp, and all six weeks late.