PDA

View Full Version : Broken Ankle Question...

sashachamp
12-06-2004, 10:06 AM
Hi All!

I broke my ankle a little over a month ago (broke one side & sprained the other) and I was in a wheelchair up until last week. Now I'm walking with the help of a "walking boot". DH, myself and our 2 small children are going to Disneyland in a couple of weeks and I'll still be wearing the boot. Will I be able to go the front of the line as a handicapped person, or is that only if I were still in the wheelchair? I know I won't be able to do much walking, but I'd really like to go on some rides with my family.

Does anyone have the answer?

Sasha :)

I Heart Disneyland!
12-06-2004, 11:03 AM
Go to Town Hall (beyond the entrance gates, on the left as you are walking toward Main Street) and they will give you a special needs pass. (Not sure that is exactly what it's called.) That will get you in the rides faster, a LOT faster. I have to get one because of an illness that I have and my doctor would write a note for me to get one. They may not need a doc's note, however, as I saw people in there getting the passes right and left. That would be my advice, you can't stand in line for an hour!
Have fun! :D

mad4mky
12-06-2004, 11:06 AM
Hi!
I was in Disneyland in October with a 'boot' on due to foot surgery.

If you are able to 'walk', and stand in the queues, you are not going to get a Guest Assistance Card, unless there are certain circumstances that prevent you from doing certain things (ie: stairs). They don't give the Guest Assistance Card for 'endurance issues'. If you are using a wheelchair, you will be able to use the wheelchair access to the attractions.

There is not any 'front of the line' passes. You will most likely always have a wait period, even if you are using the wheelchair access gates.

I needed a wheelchair most of my time at DLR. It was easier on everyone in my party...and it saved my foot from a lot of extra stress.

But, if you need that wheelchair...use it! You don't want to hurt your recovery from the broken ankle! And, the CM's are generally always so nice and helpful...

Stupid_American
12-06-2004, 11:08 AM
I descibed your situation to a disney customer representative.
I was told that Disneyland now issues Guest Assistance Cards.
You present this at the ride and you are put into queue.
It allows you to kick back and rest while the cast member "holds" your place.
This way, guests with special needs are accomodated, without giving them "cuts" in line.

They are issued at City Hall.