PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Procession?

LuvTDL
12-06-2001, 06:36 AM
Hi there everyone!

Last weekend when I went to Disneyland, I asked City Hall about the Candlelight Procession and they said that they were going to have two shows - one on Saturday night and one on Sunday night. They said that it is all invited guests this time around and that, the only tickets that would be available in the morning for the public to pick up would be the ones that the invitees declined.

Has anyone heard anything else about the Candlelight Procession? Last year I went really early for tickets and got tickets - but lots of people who got there later were still able to get tickets. City Hall made it seem like it was going to be very difficult to get tickets this year..... does anyone know what's going on with this?

If you're planning on going to get tickets this weekend - what time are you planning on getting in line??

Thanks!!!

Crazytigger
12-06-2001, 06:39 AM
We will be there at the bu** crack of dawn. 4:00am

steamboatStu
12-06-2001, 07:38 AM
I will be there Saturday for Candlelight. This is my first one so I don't have any idea how it works, other than there will be no procession this year. I have arranged for my tickets, so I will not be there at the crack of anything.

How many others here will be attending? Should we all meet and arrange for seating together? Ideas, anyone?

bluepearl
12-06-2001, 04:56 PM
Could I get a double-check of the times for the ceremony this weekend, please? And Crazytigger, where will you be lining up for the tickets - are they passing out whatever was declined at City Hall?

Morrigoon
12-06-2001, 04:58 PM
What time is the show itself at on Sunday?

Ace
12-06-2001, 05:11 PM
could come one explain about the candlelight procession? I heard that they made some changes over last year.....what is the whole ceremoney, when, and how do you get tickets?

Morrigoon
12-06-2001, 05:13 PM
They have several choirs (the CM choir forming a living xmas tree in the middle of the stage) singing carols and hymns, and intersperse that with a narrator reading excerpts from the bible, telling the story of Christmas.

Julie
12-06-2001, 09:18 PM
The DLR site says the Candlelight Procession will be at 5:30 and 7:45 both on Sat and Sun.

I would love to go to the CP, but probably won't be able to get there early for tickets. Is there any hope for late stragglers?

Crazytigger
12-07-2001, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by bluepearl
Could I get a double-check of the times for the ceremony this weekend, please? And Crazytigger, where will you be lining up for the tickets - are they passing out whatever was declined at City Hall?

Last year was my first Candelight Ceremony. My sister in law and a few others will be lining up on SAT morning I will not scince I work Graveyard and need to sleep. From what I know all invitees must RSVP or decline by Thurs and that is how they have tickets to give out. I beleive thought that the line will be right outside the main entrance.

LuvTDL
12-07-2001, 06:32 AM
If everything is the same as last year, the tickets should be given out at Guest Services/Relations window (over on the right hand side, by the kennels).

City hall told us that they are actually going to do the procession this year too! They said that it had originally been cancelled but then they decided to bring it back. =)

I hadn't realized that there were two shows each day... hmm.. which day do you think will be more popular?

driftwood714
12-07-2001, 08:44 AM
The tickets are given out at the GUEST SERVICES window (NOT guest relations) on the LEFT side of the Disneyland Main Entrance. The same window where you can pickup fantasmic tickets and do group sales stuff. There's only 2 shows a day, but the first show is for the invited guests only, so the tickets they'll give out is for the 2nd show. at 7:45.

tinkfreak
12-07-2001, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by steamboatStu
I will be there Saturday for Candlelight. This is my first one so I don't have any idea how it works, other than there will be no procession this year. I have arranged for my tickets, so I will not be there at the crack of anything.

How many others here will be attending? Should we all meet and arrange for seating together? Ideas, anyone?

Actually, there will be a procession this year. The first shows (17:15) on Saturday and Sunday are currently scheduled for this.

tinkfreak

Crazytigger
12-09-2001, 08:17 AM
Good Morning All!

Just woke up from a full day at DLR. Candlelight was Awesome. and yes they did have the procesional. It was at 5:15pm before the first show. I think that they did a good job. Fireworks were cancelled last night do to high winds:( Oh well Ive seen them many times but had some family there who missed them last night.

fredc
12-09-2001, 09:52 AM
I attended both performances of Candlelight on Saturday without tickets. First show had quite a few standbys but I beleive they all got in. I ended up with fourth row seat. Excellant show. For the second show there were very few standbys and I am sure they all got in as there were near empty back sections. Although they told us there was no standby line, we just lined up or sat near the entrance until they let us in.

The narration and music was as good as ever. I have missed the last three years so this was the first time I saw it in the Fantasyland Theatre and I thought it was great.

Techie7
12-09-2001, 01:24 PM
I called DLR this morning and asked if there were anymore tickets. They told me there were no more. Anyone know if there will be a lot of standbys for Sunday? Which show would be better to try and make? Where would you line up to try and ge in? I would love to see it but couldn't make it to get tickets. Thanks

steamboatStu
12-09-2001, 06:17 PM
I was also at the 5:30 Candlelight on Saturday. I was in the first row which is way too close. I got autographs from Cynthia Harris and Maynard, which just confirmed to my family that I am indeed nuts. The show was awesome and I am so looking forward to next year.

Techie7
12-09-2001, 09:39 PM
Well I was happy that I got into the last show on Sunday. What a great event. So nice to see a well planned event from the parks. How did this year compare with years past? This being my first I had nothing to compare it to. I must say though I wish they would outlaw those light up spinning things that seem to be all the rage. I could deal with the crying child behind me but the spinning light that kept coming on and hitting me did not help with the holiday cheer:)