PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report- Nov 30-Dec 4

dizgirl
12-05-2004, 07:56 PM
Ohhhh, it sucks being home. My family and I had such a great time.11/30-12/4
The weather was beautiful topping out about 70 by day, but by 4:00pm, it sure got cold. We had a wonderful stay at the Park Place Inn. Can't say enough good things about the hotel, free breakfast, cleanliness, proximity to the parks and service. The parks were not crowded on Tues or Wed. By Thurs they were becoming moreso. By Friday, I had never seen New Orleans square so packed. I hadn't been to DL during the holidays and the Fantasy Parade and Believe were magical. I can't get that parade song out of my head. It was great to be back at my home park. I last visited Disney World in 2002 and to me, it just isn't as quaint as DL. We rode all the biggies with very short lines until about Friday. Did Splash with my 4 yr old son and did the "coat trick" by holding him in with the sleeves of a jacket. I learned that on this board and it worked great. Thanks! I absolutely adore our Splash picture of our entire family in our "log." With 5 in our family and 5 seats- it worked so perfectly. I think I'll use it as my Xmas card picture. :cool: My kids favorite was Star Tours and we had to ride that over and over again. Matterhorn was great as usual, especially at night. Thunder Mtn was unusually good. Has that ride gotten longer? I remember it being super short. I loved Pirates as usual- a true oldie, but goodie. I had never seen the Haunted Mansion during the holidays. For some reason I just can't get used to Halloween and Christmas together. I like the original layout better. For the first since I was about 8 (I'm 35) I did Great Moments with Mr Lincoln and really enjoyed it. Very cool auditory effects. One of the other highpoints at DL were the Billy's. They were awesome!! So glad that I didn't miss that. You people persuaded me to go and I thank you. I can't say as much for the Buzz Lightyear show. It was lacking a little. Do see the Billy's though!!

This was my first time at California Adventure. I didn't care for the park quite as much. I LOVED Soarin' and California Screamin' was my other favorite. That coaster is so awesome and smooth. It is really a nice lenghthy ride. Grizzley River was okay, but cold for dummies like me that didn't bring a poncho. :eek: TOT was okay and Maliboomer okay, but those "up, down" rides aren't my favorite. Mulholland Madness was short and jerky and not really worth it I didn't think. Those, of course, are just my opinions as we are all different.
Once again, I have been completely surprised at how nice and helpful everyone at Disneyland is (CM's that is) However, the guests were nice as well. I left my daughters Mickey Ears on Soarin (in the bins beneath the seat) When I remembered them about 1 hr (and many flights cycles later) I returned to find about a 45 minute wait. The nice CM expedited me through to the exit and assisted me in finding them. I thought it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack, but it wasn't and they were so nice. I wouldn't have wanted to sit by my daughter on the plane if we had not found that dumb hat. Ha Ha :rolleyes:

I love Disneyland. It is like every amusement park I ever go to cannot compare. I live in Washington and local parks, fairs and carnivals don't even have a prayer because I always compare them to the DL- the cream of the crop.

Wendi
12-05-2004, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the report... I just love reading about everyone's trips. I felt like BTMRR was longer this time too for some reason!!! I know it hasn't changed though.

12-06-2004, 04:49 AM
Thanks for the report! Mr. Lincoln really has changed, hasn't it?

rentayenta
12-06-2004, 06:15 AM
Thank you for sharing your trip with us! I just love reading about everyone's experiences.

JosieGirl71
12-06-2004, 08:01 AM
I live in Washington, too, so I know what you mean about the amusement parks/carnivals up here. The closest thing we have to an amusement park is Enchanted Village and though it has gotten better over the years, it still isn't anywhere near "California amusement park" quality (let alone Disneyland)!

Earkid
12-06-2004, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the trip report. Always love reading them. DH and I are going to do Mr. Lincoln too. He has never seen it and I saw it waaaaaaaaaaaaay back when. Somehow we have neglected to see it in the past year and a half we have been APer's.