PDA

View Full Version : Left or right side (line preference)

magicpointeshoe
12-03-2004, 01:11 PM
My Dad and I noticed on our trips to Disneyland (before DCA opened) that one side consistantly moved faster than the other side in most attractions. I think only one or two attractions broke the trend of it being the same side. (I'm thinking it was the left line on most attractions)

DLRCM
12-03-2004, 01:20 PM
I do know that for most attractions, the left side of the line is usually the main side of the attraction (i.e. if they dont have many people in line, they can run at reduced capacity and only run one side of the attraction. For most rides, this "main side," the one that stays open, is the left. I'm not sure exactly why). So maybe this has something to do with line efficiency?

magicpointeshoe
12-03-2004, 01:25 PM
So maybe this has something to do with line efficiency?

Maybe! I wonder if the bends in line give the left a few less distance than the right?

DLRCM
12-03-2004, 01:28 PM
Could be. If you think about, thats true for splash mountain. The left side is closer to the docking area than the right. Good point...

magicpointeshoe
12-03-2004, 01:31 PM
Could be. If you think about, thats true for splash mountain. The left side is closer to the docking area than the right. Good point...

No, Splash was the exception. The right lane is for the most part the inside lane on the turns.

DLRCM
12-03-2004, 01:53 PM
It is for fastpass, but once you get to the station, the left is closer. Only certain rides have the "non-fastpass" split lines past the fastpass lines. Splash, Indy, HM, Matterhorn, Thunder, etc. For the most part, the right side is for fastpasses, but some parts are up to the guests to decide which side to go on.

magicpointeshoe
12-03-2004, 02:02 PM
It is for fastpass, but once you get to the station, the left is closer. Only certain rides have the "non-fastpass" split lines past the fastpass lines. Splash, Indy, HM, Matterhorn, Thunder, etc. For the most part, the right side is for fastpasses, but some parts are up to the guests to decide which side to go on.

Yeah, I know... It was a pre-fast pass observation. Now that some of them (pirates, haunted mansion, small world) are going non fast pass again, I think it's relevent to think about.