PDA

View Full Version : meeting

kbanmen
12-02-2004, 02:50 PM
I was wondering if the MP people ever meet each other at DL? As a group, because I think that would be fun. ANd if you guys do,is it ever posted on when and where to meet? I was just curious

HorizonsA
12-02-2004, 05:40 PM
I tried to set up a MousePlanet unofficial meet, but I got like one RSVP and had to cancel :( .

I don't know if there are official meetings though; if there is one, I'm so there!

kbanmen
12-02-2004, 05:46 PM
i will be there as well..I would LOVE TO MEET the people I talk to...I will keep my eyes open to see..and every once in awhile suggest it.. :)

Darkbeer
12-02-2004, 05:59 PM
Twice a year MousePlanet hosts MouseAdventure, and the day before folks meet up in the afternoon... The next one is scheduled for March (date approximate)

There are other boards that have a more regular schedule, and others that also just meet a few times a year...

But the best thing to do, is go to the Lounge and see if folks want to meet prior to the next MouseAdventure, more than likely it will be tough this month, so something in January or February might be better....

Dexter
12-02-2004, 06:03 PM
A long time ago.... on a message board far far away, we used to have relatively regular meets. Now this is just my advice, if you'd like to have a meet, just post a time and a place to be and give everyone about 20 minutes leaniancy time from the time you actually posted to meet. Meet posts must be made in the lounge as per MP policy. At least that's how it used to be before I got so busy, so I may not be full up on any policy changes that took place in the almost 10 months I haven't been on-line.

Keep in mind, some people are skiddish about meeting new people, it's easy to say what you want on a message board where you are pretty much anonymous, it's another thing entierly to meet a person in real life. I've heard that there were some padders that actually hid in the bushes during a scheduled MP meet and observed from afar.

At any rate, if you want to schedule a meet, just post in the lounge, include the date, time and meeting place, basically, if you post it, they may come. Keep in mind travel time, and parades that may hinder people from getting to your location as well.

Finally, there is a tradition during MouseAdventure (http://www.mouseplanet.com/MouseAdventure) that there be a pre game potluck the day before so players and padders can meet and talk to each other. So check the lounge around MouseAdventure time and you will likely see a thread for a potluck or in the very least an IRL meet.

Hope that helps....
- Eric

kbanmen
12-02-2004, 06:14 PM
thanks..I would meet whenever anyone else wants to meet..since I live heren in so california..and am, a CM I can use my IUD to get in..so if anyone wants to meet just say then word ok

kbanmen
12-02-2004, 06:15 PM
emma..when is the next time you will be inso california..I would,love to meet your family and you..and I would love you to meet my family

kbanmen
12-02-2004, 07:01 PM
Daark BEer you have to be fromsouthern California..let me know when you will be at disney I would love to meet you and for you to meet mym family

kbanmen
12-02-2004, 07:02 PM
Daark BEer you have to be from southern California..let me know when you will be at disney I would love to meet you and for you to meet my family :)

adriennek
12-02-2004, 09:21 PM
I can use my IUD to get in.

WOW! That's gotta be a pretty good trick!

Adrienne
Sorry, I just couldn't help it.

I Heart Disneyland!
12-02-2004, 11:35 PM

Adrienne

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! That is absolutely hilarious!!!!!!!!! :D

kbanmen
12-03-2004, 08:30 AM

Adrienne

Just realized my typo..DAH kelly..IUD..I meant ID..

Emma
12-03-2004, 09:40 AM
emma..when is the next time you will be inso california..I would,love to meet your family and you..and I would love you to meet my family

You know I really am not sure... We'll come down for the 50th next year at some point, but we are doing Puerto Vallarta in April, so it probably won't be till September or so. I will keep you posted, Kelly. :)

kbanmen
12-03-2004, 09:41 AM
thanks Emma, it would be great to see you if you come down for the 50th. I will be here of course, keep me updated. You are soo lucky to go on a trip in April. We did this past april, we went to Hawaii and we loved it

DISNEYloon
12-03-2004, 09:52 AM
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! That is absolutely hilarious!!!!!!!!! :D

ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tod
12-03-2004, 11:09 AM
I can use my IUD to get in..so if anyone wants to meet just say then word ok

Adrienne

Hey, if I were working the gate and she showed me her IUD I'd let her in...

--t

HorizonsA
12-03-2004, 11:13 AM
I was wondering if the MP people ever meet each other at DL? As a group, because I think that would be fun. ANd if you guys do,is it ever posted on when and where to meet? I was just curious

Well, why not plan an unoffical MousePlanet meet right now. I mean, maybe plan it for later, but why not? Maybe it's not the best idea to plan for a trip right now since it is the Holidays but maybe plan for a January trip.

Anybody interested?

kbanmen
12-03-2004, 11:15 AM
Hey, if I were working the gate and she showed me her IUD I'd let her in...

--t

I was tired when I typed IUD last night (instead of ID)..this morning I realized my typo and I laughed soooooo hard I was crying...maybe I am a dumb blond (just kidding) ha ha ha

Darkbeer
12-03-2004, 11:16 AM
If you are interested in planning/hosting a meet, make a post in the Lounge section with a suggested date and time, and wait for some feedback....

kbanmen
12-03-2004, 11:35 AM
ok, thanks Darkbeer..I am thinking maybe after christmas sometime (when hubby's deluxe pass isnt blacked out), just not sure when though. When I know I will post it in the lounge thread