PDA

View Full Version : Will be a DL in 3 weeks! Questions

tink1234
12-02-2004, 12:20 PM
Please, for you experts. We are going to be unable to do F! buffet :crying: . So which spot/time is better for viewing? Tom Sawyers Island dead center staked out 4 hrs early, eating dinner then switching off with kiddos. OR Stairs by HM? Not sure how early to stake out this one. OR Behind the light tower thingy...never have figured out where this one is! OR Wait until second show and squeeze in?

We will be in DL 23, 24, 25th of Dec. Which night is better for F!?

We want to see both F! and Fireworks. Should we do these on the same night? If so how to get premium viewing for both?

Uncle Remus
12-02-2004, 12:28 PM
I would recommend the second show and by the stairs

the mad hatter
With the dates you are going you might not have a choice of viewing spots because of the crowds. Just be prepared for that. I went a week before christmas last year, i felt like i was in a herd of cattle sometimes. I will never go in December again.

.....not to discourage you or anything :)

mystycalchyk
dead center of tom sawyers island. for sure!! :)

Have a magical time. I love the holidays in Dland :D. I'll be there the 29th..so I will just miss you :(

magicpointeshoe
12-02-2004, 12:29 PM
OR Wait until second show and squeeze in?

The first time we watched Fantasmic, it was only part of the show while we at dinner at... crud I forgot which restaurant, let me look... the French Market I think. We were sitting there eating our dinner during the first showing, looking at that crowd wondering what the heck those people were thinking being crammed in like sardines. But then the show went on and my Dad was just in awe of it. We took our time with our meal, watched the cattle herd of people move off, and then snuck down for pretty decent seats from the restaurant.

I've done the camping out for seats too, but I'm not big on that all too often. The above was the best attempt we ever had at getting a seat and it was just luck, lol.

Jeremiah
12-02-2004, 01:01 PM
I am not a big fan of the buffet for F! it is overpriced and to much light bleeds in from everywhere else in the park. I have always liked the camping out part right along the river, toss down a blanket go and get some food and bring it back and enjoy the music. The only down side is you have to get ready for this like 2 hours before the first show atleast. It is also nice to see the first Fantasmic! then stay in the same spot and watch the fireworks.

J

stan4d_steph
12-02-2004, 01:34 PM
If you want to see the first show, you can try the trick of waiting behind the middle light tower before it is raised (note this is a standing room area). People unfamiliar with the show think that the view will be blocked here. In fact, the towers go up and do not obstruct the view during the show. Sometimes this area stays fairly clear until close to show start.

tink1234
12-02-2004, 08:05 PM
If you want to see the first show, you can try the trick of waiting behind the middle light tower before it is raised (note this is a standing room area). People unfamiliar with the show think that the view will be blocked here. In fact, the towers go up and do not obstruct the view during the show. Sometimes this area stays fairly clear until close to show start.

This sounds great. I know its been explained before, but would you please try again. I've only been to DL 3 times and so I'm not very familiar with the location of this. I would hate to believe I was in the correct spot, but be wrong. Do you think CM's would be helpful in this area? How soon would you have to get there to get this area?

Thank you for all of your help!!

BayAreaDisneyFan
12-02-2004, 08:18 PM
We'll be there in eight days!!!

My fave spot is one CM Bob showed me and my kids...just across the walkway from the loading platform for Tom Sawyer's Island, leaning against the fence behind the hedge. Available til just before showtime each time we've tried it (although maybe not a peak Christmas visit time), and great, close, unobstructed view. Have a great time. Hard to believe I'll be packed to go in one week!

Mystik
12-02-2004, 08:20 PM
i felt like i was in a herd of cattle

That's how it is even if you are just trying to get by the show to go do the attractions at the other end of the park ;)

And yes Tink, the CM's will do their best to get you into a good spot. :)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
12-02-2004, 09:19 PM
Don't try to do both on the same night. You want to be on Main Street facing the castle for the best fireworks view and maximum snow.
I like to sit dead center in front of Tom Sawyers Island. Just bring a good comfy blanky to sit on!
HAVE FUN!

tink1234
12-04-2004, 04:35 PM
Thank you for all of your responses!! If I tried Tom Sawyers and did the switching off thing...How many rides could we squeeze in? What would be the easiest to ride? Thank you, again!