PDA

View Full Version : Based on a recent thread, a new SSL

ModHatter
12-02-2004, 12:26 AM
Watching a tape of today's All My Children, I had a brainstorm...

SuperSoap Limo!!!

Ty Treadway of SoapTalk takes us on a funloving tour of Llanview, Port Charles, and Pine Valley. Instead of celebrities who will not be celebrities a year from now, focus on a loving roast of daytime drama with timeless characters like Erica Kane, Luke and Laura, and so on. Throw in some XXL shoulder pads and do Dynasty. Maybe a trip to Collinwood for an homage to Dark Shadows... And so on.

12-02-2004, 05:35 AM
Bring in the really bad lightning, those wrapped presents where they just take off the top to open, and shaking hands pouring whiskey over rocks in a cut-glass tumbler!

ModHatter
12-02-2004, 12:25 PM
Well, I was thinking... Soap Opera Bistro is no more. And while I miss it on some levels, I was actually fairly unimpressed by the food. But I wonder if you couldn't have the loading CMs "in character" the way the old SObistro staff were. You could really have some fun with that.

Oh, and lest I forget again, we can't forget ABCs crown jewel, the granddaddy of all soaps, Peyton Place. And its new ratings powerhouse, Desperate Housewives...

Come on Disney, you can even have "Faith Fairfield" be our tourguide and show us the studio she burned down! She could take us on a tour through Days of Our Love, and in HER mind, it would be the Sacred and the Sinful Limo!

the mad hatter
12-02-2004, 12:30 PM
SuperSoap Limo!!!

This is why you aren't employed by WDI....lol.

ModHatter
12-02-2004, 01:01 PM
This is why you aren't employed by WDI....lol.

Well, seeing as how WDI came up with SSL in the first place, I can only take that as the highest compliment.

crinklebat
12-02-2004, 01:43 PM
...those wrapped presents where they just take off the top to open...

Hahaha, my grandma totally started wrapping her presents like that based on her soap (for those curious, I think is was Days of Our Lives). She has five Christmas present boxes that she just reuses year after year with wrapped lids. It's actually a really good system, all she has to do it put the present in the box without even doing any taping...my mom always meant to do it but she never gets around to it.

Osky
12-02-2004, 01:47 PM
It's actually a really good system, all she has to do it put the present in the box without even doing any taping...my mom always meant to do it but she never gets around to it. Not with my wife! I have to leave presents at the office because she will unwrap them, peek, and then wrap them back. She has not a single ounce of self control when it comes to presents. The weird thing is that she has to know what everyone is getting. Not just her presents, but all of them.

sediment
12-02-2004, 03:11 PM
Well, seeing as how WDI came up with SSL in the first place, I can only take that as the highest compliment.
There's a whole lot more to blame than WDI. Princess Di's death, for starters.

I can't find the link on JHM.

The Lovely Mrs. tod
12-02-2004, 03:48 PM
those wrapped presents where they just take off the top to open

I actually did that one year...took awhile but then I just had to drop the gifts in and eveyone loved them!

Yeah, like I've got that kind of time now... :rolleyes:

-TLMt

Disneyfreak
12-02-2004, 04:58 PM

Considering the ride closed in less than a year I dont think that is such a great compliment.

ModHatter
12-02-2004, 05:22 PM
Considering the ride closed in less than a year I dont think that is such a great compliment.

No no, he was saying that's why I'm NOT with WDI...