PDA

View Full Version : Pixar Parade

tru2mickey
12-01-2004, 04:52 PM
Does anyone know anything about the Pixar Parade? When will it begin performing? I've heard in May at Califronia Adventure. :D :confused: :D

kbanmen
12-01-2004, 04:57 PM
havent heard anything yet (I work at DCA) if I hear anything I will let you know

ChipmunkStar
12-01-2004, 05:21 PM
All that's really been released so far is the name "Block Party."

Baloo
12-01-2004, 10:32 PM
from what i heard it is suppose to start May 5th. the same day the festivities start at Disneyland. The same day the disneyland and DCA picture mosiacs should be in place. The Pixar block party will consist of sveral floats from pixar movies. Toy stories 2, Bugs life, Monsters, Incredibles and i belive Nemo (not sure about the last one). The parade will stop in diferent areas of DCA and turn into an interactive block party with the guestsIt would be cool if they added some floats that looked like the new car characters from "Cars" opening 2005

tru2mickey
12-03-2004, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the info. Sound like a great Parade. We are looking forward to it, we be there will around that time. :D :D :D

bandboy1985
12-04-2004, 09:41 PM
i do know quite a bit about this new project, as it's already been workshopped, and the feedback is very positive. it's going to be a very demanding project to mount, with many different aspects of production involved, however i believe that's all i'm allowed to divulge publicly.

but it's going to be awesome. i'm not sure how it'll all be incorporated in a final incarnation, but the parts i've seen of it and the ideas i've heard are quite challenging and impressive!

sediment
12-05-2004, 02:34 PM
Just a reminder of who owns the properties, I guess. Really makes a competing distribution company think.

JEFFJAGUAR
12-05-2004, 07:49 PM
Is it a day parade or a night parade? Is it at DCA or the Magic Kingdom? What will become of the Electrical Parade which belongs on Main Street anyway?

stan4d_steph
12-06-2004, 05:23 AM
Is it a day parade or a night parade? Is it at DCA or the Magic Kingdom? What will become of the Electrical Parade which belongs on Main Street anyway?MP member MegaDisney posted the following in another thread here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=33883):

"Next up was Flik to tell us about DCA's Block Party Bash. A street party where guests can jump with toys, scream with Monsters and dance with Bugs. The showed us some cool concept art and the offical hat of the Bash, a orange traffic cone with the Block Party Bash Logo! This is an all Pixar parade/celebration and will include the Incredibles as well!"

Sounds like it will be a daytime parade in DCA.