PDA

View Full Version : New Photo Album - 12/1 - Columbia, Candlelight and more

Darkbeer
12-01-2004, 03:45 PM
Most of the stage is set up for the Candlelight Procession this weekend, the Columbia is out of Dry Dock, and most of the refurb walls have been removed, plus a general look at the parks, plus some cute kitty photos from DCA....

Also, Tropical Importsw is now closed for good, and all the inside of the building has been "demoed"

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/305406 (http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/305406)

ENJOY!:fez:

CarlieB
12-01-2004, 03:56 PM
Great photos:)

Sorry for the dumb question, but is the Bengal BBQ closed at the moment?

Disneyfreak
12-01-2004, 04:07 PM
LOL I love how stupid the pin trading signs have gotten with the giant stop right on top. :rolleyes:

Darkbeer
12-01-2004, 04:08 PM
Great photos:)

Sorry for the dumb question, but is the Bengal BBQ closed at the moment?
Has been since the end of August, looks like it might reopen around the middle of the month, just in time for the Holiday Peak Season.

The entire structure was pretty much gutted and being rebuilt from scratch....

CarlieB
12-01-2004, 04:10 PM
Has been since the end of August, looks like it might reopen around the middle of the month, just in time for the Holiday Peak Season.

The entire structure was pretty much gutted and being rebuilt from scratch....
Shows how much notice I've been taking. Grrrrrrrrrr. I was looking forward to eating there next week. Oh well...Thanks for the confirmation:)

kbanmen
12-01-2004, 04:29 PM
love your pictures dark beer (especially of the DCA kittys) I see them every night I work and have tried to pat them but they are so wild and always run away..one day I will get one and pat it..

TimBuk2
12-01-2004, 05:43 PM
Most of the stage is set up for the Candlelight Procession this weekend, the Columbia is out of Dry Dock, and most of the refurb walls have been removed, plus a general look at the parks, plus some cute kitty photos from DCA....

Also, Tropical Importsw is now closed for good, and all the inside of the building has been "demoed"

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/305406 (http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/305406)

ENJOY!:fez:

DARKBEER - as usual, great photos. i really appreciate them since i've moved away from orange county and can't be there on a weekly basis like i used to be.

cute cats too - i've never seen them there before. all of the painting and sprucing up seems to be all worth it, i can't wait to see it all again in July.
the the Columbia never looked better.

KUDOS !! :~D

Uncle Remus
12-01-2004, 06:13 PM
I see there is a candlelight... thing and I was just wondering the purpose of it? Is it done every year? (I never go to Disneyland during the holidays) :mad:

Villains Fan
12-01-2004, 06:21 PM
Thanks Darkbeer...as always, great pictures. The pictures of the Disney kitties are so cute!

HorizonsA
12-01-2004, 06:29 PM
love your pictures dark beer (especially of the DCA kittys) I see them every night I work and have tried to pat them but they are so wild and always run away..one day I will get one and pat it..

Those cats are there every night? They're stray right? Why do they let the cats stay there? Not that I want them to leave, I love cats, especially calico's. I was at the French Market a few months ago and there was a little steel blue cat wandering around.

Wendi
12-01-2004, 06:57 PM
Same kitties I've got in my trip pictures from a month ago... cute! Disneyland lets them stay because they keep the rodent population in check.

I like the new photo-op in the Animation Building... is that (semi-)permanent? Pretty cute, I think I'd like one of those pictures.

Fitspire
12-01-2004, 09:00 PM
Darkbeer - What time of day did you take your photos? Wait times looked pretty minimal.

LOVE the cat shots!

Darkbeer
12-01-2004, 09:15 PM
^ From 1 to about 3 PM....

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
12-01-2004, 09:34 PM
YOU are the man! THANKS!

TP2000
12-02-2004, 12:51 AM
I see there is a candlelight... thing and I was just wondering the purpose of it? Is it done every year? (I never go to Disneyland during the holidays) :mad:

Yes, Disneyland has done it every year since 1958. A celebrity tells the story of Christmas and Baby Jesus, while the Disney employee choir and other church choirs from Orange County sing traditional Christmas hymns. It's very well known, and definitely a yearly highlight for Disneyland. Google it up for more info.

Tutter
12-02-2004, 02:23 AM
It's great to see sunshine and people without thick coats on in December!!!

Laffite
12-02-2004, 05:50 AM
whoa! that girl in that pic is *CUTE*!!!!!!

thanks for that pic, DB!

ToursbabeC3po
12-02-2004, 10:03 AM
Darkbeer where is the princess meet and greet? I Don't even know where that is? Thanks!
Toursbabe

Osky
12-02-2004, 10:11 AM
Darkbeer where is the princess meet and greet? I Don't even know where that is? Thanks!
Toursbabe
Hmmm. It looks like the animation building in DCA. This week's park update mentions it.

ToursbabeC3po
12-02-2004, 10:19 AM
Thanks! I am not too familiar with DCA. But my daughter would love a picture and those princesses are hard to track down on busy days! You guys are great! You know more then me and I have been working in the park almost 10 years now lol. Thanks for the information!
Toursbabe

rentayenta
12-02-2004, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the pictures Darkbeer. We are going to have to check out the Princess gig at the Animation Building. What times are the Princesses there?

dsnyredhead
12-02-2004, 11:31 AM
Those cats are there every night? They're stray right? Why do they let the cats stay there? Not that I want them to leave, I love cats, especially calico's. I was at the French Market a few months ago and there was a little steel blue cat wandering around.

We were talking to a cm a couple of years ago who was bringing out some food for some kitties and said that not only do they give the cats some actual cat food but they also round them up once in a while and make sure that they get their medical shots. As already mentioned, the cats help control the rodent population.

SoCalDisneyLover
12-02-2004, 02:19 PM
As already mentioned, the cats help control the rodent population.

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Not Mickey & Minnie!!! How could they?