PDA

View Full Version : Describe a perfect day in DL...

tink1234
12-01-2004, 08:05 AM
If you had an infinite amount of time, money and no lines. What would you do for a perfect day at DL? What rides would you ride in what order? What shows would you see? What food? What merchandise would you buy?

I think I would start out riding IASWH. To get me in the holiday mood. I just crack up at the mermaids singing Jingle Shells!

Then on to Fantasy Land, criss-crossing to whatever rides my dc see first.

We would then run to Adventure Land to ride Indy, JC, etc.

I think now would be a good time to stop and have a churro then lunch. (No, we won't spoil our lunch! This is a Fantasy! and a Disney one at that! :D )

Now that it is early afternoon we will stroll on to see all the rides we've never seen like Splash and Pooh.

We will finish up our night by eating a snack in front of our premier seating to F! then we will get in line for the Storybook Canal boats, perfectly timing it to see the fireworks from our seats!

dlandnut
12-01-2004, 08:25 AM
1. Wake from a refreshing night at the Disneyland Hotel. Ride Monorail into DL.

2. Head to Riverbelle Terrace for breakfast of Mickey Mouse Pancakes.

3. Ride POC (always a family tradition to ride first).

4. Ride HM, Splash, visit Country Bears ( :crying: ).

5. Ride Jungle Cruise, Indy, Tiki Hut, Mark Twain, Big Thunder Mountain (at least those in our party who are brave enough to do so, lol).

6. Head to Fantasyland. Ride everything but teacups (don't want to hurl), casey jr., dumbo.

7. Ride It's a Small World.

8. Take train around to NOS. Enjoy late lunch at Blue Bayou.

9. Back to DH for nap and/or swim.

10. Back into DL for evening performance of Fantasmic! (watching from the balcony, of course).

12. Ride anything in Tomorrowland that sounds fun.

13. Shop along main street and enjoy late dinner at Carnation Cafe.

14. Remember, churros, pineapple juice, etc., are also a must throughout the day. I've never gone without food while at DL!

:)

crazi4dlr
12-01-2004, 10:20 AM
Waking up at the Grand Californian in a room overlooking DTD
Having character breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen
Shopping in DTD at Sephora, Quicksilver, Build a Bear, World of Disney
Going into DCA after dropping packages at hotel because it's right there
Tower of Terror
Animations
Aladdin Show
Soarin'
Grizzly River Run
Lunch at Ariel's Grotto
Back to hotel for swim
To Disneyland to stroll Main Street and shop some more
Have a Churro
Start in Adventureland and work my way around the park riding everything
Dinner at the River Belle Terrace or the Mexican Place
Front row seats for fireworks
Reserved seating on the balcony for Fantasmic with a great snack
Ride the rest of the rides
Pick up all my pictures on Main Street as I leave
Back to DTD to stroll and shop shop shop
to the hotel to sleep and wake up and do it all over again the next day

HorizonsA
12-01-2004, 11:28 AM
Wake up from the Sierra Tower of the Disneyland Hotel.
Take the Disneyland Monorail to Tomorrowland.
Take a ride on both tracks of Matterhron Bobsleds-my favorite DLR attraction
Ride It's a Small World Holiday for the music.
Take the Disneyland Railroad to the New Orleans Square Train Station
Ride Splash Mountain twice-Once in the back row, once in the front
Ride Haunted Mansion Holiday for the music and the overall attraction itself.
Ride Pirates of the Caribbean because I am there and it is a classic.
If the Disney Gallery is open walk up there because I do fascinate in Disney art
Ride the Indiana Jones Adventure
Ride the Jungle Cruise
See The Enchanted Tiki Room-if it were open for the music
Walk to Frontierland and ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
Eat at the Zocolo Restaurant
Take a cruise on the Mark Twain Riverboat
Walk to Fantasyland and ride Pinocchio's Daring Journey
Walk through the castle to Tomorrowland and ride Star Tours
Ride Matterhorn Bobsleds one more time, or twice
See the Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln show
Walk to DCA and enter the Disney Animation pavillion
Sit in there and watch the entire loop of the screens
(I'm studying to become and animator so this always makes me feel good)
Maybe ride Soarin' Over California
Walk back to DL
Ride the train over to Fantasyland
Spend the rest of the time riding Matterhorn Bobsleds.
(But stop just long enough to see Believe...In Holiday Magic Fireworks)

sami869
12-01-2004, 12:44 PM
I've had many days like that in Disenyland. They're called rainy days. Every time that I've gone when it's raining there have been no lines and we've been able to get on every single ride within one day.

magicpointeshoe
12-01-2004, 12:46 PM
If you had an infinite amount of time, money and no lines. What would you do for a perfect day at DL? What rides would you ride in what order? What shows would you see? What food? What merchandise would you buy?

I've already had that day. On our honeymoon we had a day where everything went right and the day was capped off by a lovely meal at Club 33.

Surfingstitch
12-01-2004, 12:47 PM
I've had many days like that in Disenyland. They're called rainy days. Every time that I've gone when it's raining there have been no lines and we've been able to get on every single ride within one day.

I usually ride every ride that I want each day that I am at the park.

kbanmen
12-01-2004, 12:54 PM
A perfect day for me when be if there wasnt really any line ups. I had 1 day like that it was the day after 9/11. I know that wasnt a good day for the world, but on sept 12, 2001 we went to disneyland because I promised my kids..we just didnt have enough time to ride on the rides as there was hardley any one there.

SnoopysDad
12-01-2004, 01:01 PM
I would only allow Senior Citizens in with me.... no kids and no teens. This way, I know the e tickets will be empty.. I wuld ride them all til I barfed. I would dine at Club 33 and find a bench somewhere to sit so that I can just absorb the ambiance. I would take my sweetie there and SMOOCH in front of Walt and Mickey.

AlohaJulie
12-01-2004, 08:23 PM
Weather cool and partly cloudy, about 65 degrees or so.

No traffic. A parking space close to the escalator. No wait for the tram. No strollers.

Breakfast at the Plaza Inn, followed by a ride on HMH, Indy, Matterhorn and Space Mtn.

Lunch at the Blue Bayou - chicken caesar salad of course. :)

Ride on Peter Pan, Mr. Toad's, Casey Jr. Pirates, Star Tours.

Visit the Tiki Room

Go over to DCA and see DUH

Eat dinner at Club 33 and watch the Christmas parade and the holiday fireworks.

Retire to my discounted room at the Grand CA, club level.

Wendi
12-01-2004, 08:33 PM

Ummm... everything! I guess I couldn't eat everything, so I guess I'd have breakfast at Storyteller's Cafe (the buffet, of course!), lunch at maybe Napa Rose (have never been there), and dinner at Yamabuki... what the heck, infinite time & money, I'll eat dinner twice! Maybe the Vinyard Room...

Opus1guy
12-01-2004, 09:04 PM
My perfect day at Disneyland would start out with Walt saying, "Hi ya Ken. Let's go grab an orange juice at Sunkist!"

I Heart Disneyland!
12-01-2004, 09:07 PM
I would wake up around 9 am, and go to DL where I'd have a sticky bun from the Blue Ribbon Bakery and head down Main Street. I'd pop in and out of shops and maybe buy a thing or two and head to rent a locker for the day, where my FIRST shopping excursion purchases would be left. Then I'd head to Pirates and ride it 2 times before moving on to the Haunted Mansion. From there, to Splash Mountain and back around to NOS for a clam chowder bread bowl. Yum! After that we'd head (me and hubby) to Big Thunder Mountain and ride it several times over and over! After that we'd kick around the candy shop in Frontierland and buy some fudge. Then I think I'd head over to Fantasyland and ride all of the rides there! We love Peter Pan!!! I'd wander in and out of shops in each land, and especially spend time in Adventureland Bazaar after riding Indiana Jones and the Jungle Cruise. After JC we would get Bengal BBQ while relaxing for a bit under the grassy umbrellas. Basically, I would take my time, enjoy the foods I enjoy and ride the rides I love over and over!!! :)

I Heart Disneyland!
12-01-2004, 09:07 PM
My perfect day at Disneyland would start out with Walt saying, "Hi ya Ken. Let's go grab an orange juice at Sunkist!"

That is so cute! I like that one too!!!! :)