PDA

View Full Version : Woman Hurt in Ride's Fatal Crash Sues Disney - LA Times, 12/1/04

Darkbeer
11-30-2004, 11:43 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-thunder1dec01,1,1509669.story?coll=la-headlines-california

QuikQuote: A woman who suffered back injuries last year in a fatal crash at Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad has sued the Walt Disney Co.
The suit, filed Nov. 18 in Orange County Superior Court by attorney Fred Nameth, alleges negligence. It also alleges that the ride's design is defective and that Disney continues to engage in conduct unsafe for the public.

kbanmen
12-01-2004, 06:36 AM
wow..good article though darkbeer..I still just believe it was a accident though..and sometimes we ahve to take risks when going on rides.

Osky
12-01-2004, 06:55 AM
It also alleges that the ride's design is defective and that Disney continues to engage in conduct unsafe for the public.
Gonna be hard to prove when DOSH has signed off on the inspection and says the ride is safe.

nightdesigns
12-01-2004, 07:10 AM
wow..good article though darkbeer..I still just believe it was a accident though..and sometimes we ahve to take risks when going on rides.

It's one thing when it's a freak accident (failed part, unknown force, etc, etc), but when work wasn't done properly, and people knew it, and they were allowed to sign off on it, that's where the lawsuit occurs.

Cause and effect, they're suing because of the cause.

ralfrick
12-01-2004, 07:20 AM

Are you honestly saying that after reading this statement...
"State investigators found that maintenance workers didn't understand safety procedures and failed to tighten bolts and attach a safety wire. A manager also signed off on the ride without inspecting it."
...you actually think this was an accident?

Cheers

Osky
12-01-2004, 07:28 AM
I completely agree that Disney was neglegent here. That part of the case should be a slam dunk. The part that will be hard for them to prove is that "Disney continues to engage in conduct unsafe for the public."