PDA

View Full Version : Hilton Anaheim

GeminiAngel
11-30-2004, 12:23 PM
I've read the reviews and I'm kind of torn about what to do. after seeing the vacation package prices, we decided we can get the conceiger level for 5 nights. Of course, the Hotel web site makes this place seem to be the greatest thing around the area without staying on DL property. I guess I'm looking for some more detail about the place. like how far is the walk? we have a 3yr old with a stroller. is this going to be a hike? or just like a ten minute stroll? Has anyone stayed there at conceiger level? and how is it. Thanks Traci- :)

Uncle Remus
11-30-2004, 01:13 PM
The walk is about 10 minutes.. I stayed about 30 feet further from disneyland right across the street from the green monster (Hilton). You have to walk to the right of the front of the hotel then follow the path... You then come to a street at which you cross and then you walk into the timon and pumba parking lot where u can get the shuttle to the front of Disneyland. I did it a couple of times while I was there because of the fee for a bus pass everyday.

Dlandmom
11-30-2004, 01:14 PM
I hope this helps...

I haven't stayed there, so I can't comment on the rooms or their concierge.

I've had business meetings there and am also producing a business expo there, so I've walked the property quite a bit. It's a nice Hilton, very comfortable, and very classy. It's across the street from the Timon parking lot, but in the back half of the block. It's set back on the street, so you have to walk about half a block or more to get to the street. You can cross Katella and then walk up to the tram pick up in the Timon parking lot. I believe they run this tram whether the parking lot is open or not, but I'm not sure about that. You should check. So long as the tram is open, it's not a long walk at all from the Hilton to the tram stop. However, if the tram isn't running, then it's a longer walk. I'd say 10 minute stroll to get to the tram stop. If you wanted to walk all the way to the main gate/ticket window/park entrance, then it's a good 15-20 minute walk, and I wouldn't want to be doing that every day, especially after a long day at the park.

If someone can confirm that the Timon tram runs every day, then I'd say go for it!

Opus1guy
11-30-2004, 01:27 PM
In addition to all the "getting to Disneyland" info posted above:

I'm pretty sure what you are referring to as the Concierge Level is what the Hilton actually calls their Executive Level. I get upgraded to Executive Level because of my Hilton HHonors status, so I'm pretty familiar with it.

The Executive Level is the top floor (14th) and the Executive Lounge there has a great view of the Disneyland fireworks. Breakfast in the Executive Lounge is basic, but quite good (muffins, rolls, bagels, fruit, juice, coffee machines). The lounge has snacks throughout the day, cookies and chocolate-covered strawberries usually, plus plenty of sodas and water which you can take with you to replenish your room supplies.

When you check in, make sure you use the "Executive Desk" opposite the regular check-in area. You'll be entitled to use that with your rate.

Also, you may want to consider an option they will likely afford you if you're paying the Executive Level rate...and that is a room on the Lanai Level of the hotel (5th floor). While the rooms themselves may not have a couple of amenities the Exec Level rooms have, many of them have private lanais that offer direct access to the pool and hot tub area. They are very popular. If you take one of these rooms, they will still "code" your keycard so that you have full Executive Floor Lounge access and privileges.

The hotel has a very nice fitness facility, BTW.

mad4mky
11-30-2004, 02:20 PM
I have stayed at this Hilton several times, and will again stay later on this month...December that is (25th we check in).

We stayed the Lanai level one time...and it was nice. The walk isn't so bad, but with a 3 year old, save your legs and take the tram. :)

The only bad thing about this hotel...the elevators. They are the slowest elevators I have ever been on. If that is the only bad thing I can say...then the place isn't so bad... ;)

Actually, I look forward to staying there. :)

spectromen
11-30-2004, 03:47 PM
It's a great hotel with a great pool area and some nice restaurants, but I really wouldn't plan on walking much. You'd either be on noisy Harbor Blvd. or cutting through other hotel's back alleys which, at night, might be a little unsettling. By all means stay there, but use a shuttle.

Emma
11-30-2004, 03:54 PM
Hi Traci--

I stay at the Coast Anaheim next door all the time. I absoltuely love it. The rooms are gorgeous and it has a real "resort feel" to it. The pool is awesome, and all the rooms have balconies. You should check it out.

However, the walk to the gate from the Hilton is no more than 10 minutes. I'd put it in the 8-10 minute range. You can also buy an ART pass, and take the shuttle. But it's really pretty close. :)

I have a friend who loves the Hilton-- He always stays there.

You can PM me if you have any questions on the Coast. It's fabulous.

nightdesigns
11-30-2004, 04:23 PM
$10 a day to park.

sleepyjeff
11-30-2004, 06:24 PM
The Hotel is very nice and the employees are competant and friendly.

The shuttle runs on schedule(durring off season they do take a 90 min. break from 12:30 - 2:00) and the Hilton is stop number one of only two stops.

The standard rooms are very clean and new feeling, but they are a bit small.

The elevators are s--l--o--w. Our longest wait in any line a few weeks ago when we stayed there was about 25 minutes for the elevator :eek:

The public areas can be very crowded right after a convention lets out...beware.

If the price is right, I will stay there again; but all things being equal I would rather stay at a more family friendly Hotel then this convention focussed behemouth.

GeminiAngel
12-01-2004, 11:12 AM
Thanks for all the great reply's!!! Sounds like this might be a good deal if I did not have a 3 yr old with me. but, I like the idea of going 1st class and all the perks!!! My mind is so twisted right now!!! darn it!!! :rolleyes:

lisap
12-01-2004, 12:23 PM
$10 a day to park.

Actually it's 11.00--I just stayed there for a teacher's convention last week. :|

I like the Hilton, though I've never stayed concierge. Some of the rooms I've stayed in have been a little worn around the edges, but it's always clean. And some of the rooms have a great view of DL's fireworks

Christiii
12-01-2004, 01:33 PM
Hojo!!! FREE parking, EASY walk, FREE dsl internet and Mimi's is right across the street!! You just cant get any better than that!! Ive stayed at the hilton before and really liked it...but that was before I discovered the Hojo. The Hilton felt more like a Vegas hotel to me...really nice, but just not Diseny..ya know?? Also, The Hilton just seemed so far away that I would not consider walking it...and I dont mind walking!!

sleepyjeff
12-01-2004, 06:33 PM
Thanks for all the great reply's!!! Sounds like this might be a good deal if I did not have a 3 yr old with me. but, I like the idea of going 1st class and all the perks!!! My mind is so twisted right now!!! darn it!!! :rolleyes:

I almost forgot. At check in have your 3 year old go over to the Bell desk to "check in too". Children get a fanny pack full of little gifts when they "check in" here.

:)