PDA

View Full Version : First ride?

Pages : [1] 2

magicpointeshoe
11-30-2004, 09:14 AM
Which ride should Juliet's first ride be on? Dh thinks it should be Peter Pan's Flight. He has a compelling point (see avatar) ;)

MrsG
11-30-2004, 09:25 AM
Absolutely Peter Pan! Great ride for the whole family!

VickiC
11-30-2004, 09:26 AM
My kids always insist on the merry-go-round first because it is there and they can see it.

My almost 3 year old doesn't like any dark rides and neither did her big sister when she was that age.

CoasterChickie
11-30-2004, 09:26 AM
I vote for Peter Pan's Flight too. Adorable ride for an adorable lttle girl! :)

Shortiemetoo
11-30-2004, 09:44 AM
I wholeheartedly agree!! Followed by Dumbo...!!! :)

ppmuse
11-30-2004, 09:53 AM
Just took my 4 month old for the first time last month. I promised him that his first ride would be on Pirates. For an infant, that was amazingly right. The ride was slow enough for him to enjoy. We went again over the weekend, and his first ride was Peter Pan. Once again, one of his favorites.

Mommy2NicknMax
11-30-2004, 09:53 AM
Well I say Peter Pan's Flight too but my almost 3 year old says "Small World" as he starts to sing. ;)

Osky
11-30-2004, 09:57 AM
Definitely Peter Pan. Of all the classic dark rides, Peter Pan seems to get the longest lines. In my experience, they do not get any shorter towards the end of the day. So, if you get there shortly after opening, my vote would be Peter Pan.

stan4d_steph
11-30-2004, 09:57 AM
I would vote for Peter Pan. It's best to get on this ride early in the morning, then do the rest of Fantasyland. The line gets very long the later you wait. Also, being a huge Tinkerbell fan, she may want to ride multiple times, so the earlier the better.

itig
11-30-2004, 10:28 AM
My 3 year old son didn't like any of the dark rides - too scary for him. Your daughter may be fine though...we can never tell until we're actually there...which is always too late.

We're going to try again when we go in a couple of weeks. He loves Casey Jr., Dumbo, the Merry-go-Round and Small World. He's tall enough for the Matterhorn now, but I don't think I want to send him to counseling this early in life :)

tink's mom
11-30-2004, 10:50 AM
When we go on Dec 15, we'll be hitting Dumbo first, Peter Pan second, and Matterhorn, third. This order is based on the ridemax schedule I have, so hopefully it works out well for us and would be my suggestion to you. Have fun!

itig
11-30-2004, 10:56 AM
What's a "ridemax schedule"?

rentayenta
11-30-2004, 11:24 AM
Which ride should Juliet's first ride be on? Dh thinks it should be Peter Pan's Flight. He has a compelling point (see avatar) ;)

Yes, yes, yes! Fantasyland first thing is a must! By midday it will be a zoo.

itig, go to www.ridemax.com

I am waiting for my RideMax days to become available. I put in the week before just to take a look see and if it works like it says, and we work it like we should, we will save lots of time in line. We are going for 6 days but I'm only RideMaxing three of them. It let's you schedule breaks too!

My2kidsrule
11-30-2004, 12:30 PM
We did the Carousel first thing. It's the first ride the kids see when you go into fantasyland, and it's something they might already be comfortable with. We did Dumbo second, then the teacups. by that time, the dark rides were OK with my kids. they wanted to do stuff they could see first. (son is 4 but was just under 3 at the time, daughter is 2 but was just over 1)

Surfingstitch
11-30-2004, 12:34 PM
I vote for Peter Pan too.

Pammer
11-30-2004, 12:47 PM
I don't have any kids, but when we go again on 12/5, Peter Pan will be the first attraction we ride!

Not only do we love it, but we like to hit all of the Fantasyland rides first thing before the area fills up with strollers! ;)

magicpointeshoe
11-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Awww, shucks! Thanks for all the opinions. I suppose I should have clarified. We arrive at LAX around 9 am on next Thursday. By the time we collect our belongings, check in for our car rental, then take the shuttle 3 miles away to actually get the car, then drive to the Candy Cane Inn, I have no idea what time we will actually arrive at Disneyland. :rolleyes: I am hoping that we will be there for lunch, but I'm absolutely certain we won't make it for 10 am opening that Thursday.

As for whether she'll be afraid of the dark rides, I think that she is totally going to go on Peter Pan, we've been watching videos of the ride from various sources and it's one of the things she is really looking forward to. But, some of you might be right and the sight of the carousel might take her fancy!

dlandnut
11-30-2004, 12:58 PM
I agree. One look at the Carousel and she'll be sold! However, Peter Pan is one of my all-time favs, and it "beckons" that it should be first! :)

kbanmen
11-30-2004, 01:25 PM
How old is she? I love Peter Pan as well, but to me its a small world is a must see first ride..my daughters love it (it was there first ride)..

magicpointeshoe
11-30-2004, 01:31 PM
How old is she?

It's in my sig... she's two years old.

the mad hatter
11-30-2004, 02:18 PM
If she's only 2 then i'd suggest IASM or the storybook land cruise thingy. I want my kids to go on POTC and HM for their first rides....hee hee :)

itig
11-30-2004, 02:30 PM
Yes, yes, yes! Fantasyland first thing is a must! By midday it will be a zoo.

itig, go to www.ridemax.com

I am waiting for my RideMax days to become available. I put in the week before just to take a look see and if it works like it says, and we work it like we should, we will save lots of time in line. We are going for 6 days but I'm only RideMaxing three of them. It let's you schedule breaks too!

wow - cool. Thanks! Have you (or anyone else here) used this with success? Is it worth buying?

rentayenta
11-30-2004, 02:40 PM
wow - cool. Thanks! Have you (or anyone else here) used this with success? Is it worth buying?

I will be trying out over Christmas. Here's my logic on spending the $12.95. Since we are spending close to $4,000, what's another $12.95 ;) No really, we will be there during the busiest time and I had read good things about it. I will let you know how it works.

itig
11-30-2004, 03:55 PM
I will be trying out over Christmas. Here's my logic on spending the $12.95. Since we are spending close to $4,000, what's another $12.95 ;) No really, we will be there during the busiest time and I had read good things about it. I will let you know how it works.

LOL! I guess if it works, 12.95 is a bargain for that big ol' trip! :p

We're going the 7th-12th, which is usually pretty slow...at least I'm hoping it is again this year.

kbanmen
11-30-2004, 03:57 PM
It's in my sig... she's two years old.

I would say its a small world, the kids for some reason love that song..and the dolls seem magical to them..my 2 daughters just love that ride, then the peter pan ride