PDA

View Full Version : Park Ticket Upgrade

Surfingstitch
11-29-2004, 12:28 PM
Were would I go to upgrade my parkhopper ticket to an annual pass?

rentayenta
11-29-2004, 02:48 PM
I don't know but I was wondering the same thing. :)

sediment
11-29-2004, 02:54 PM
A ticket office in the Esplanade.
Certainly no one here will do it.

kbanmen
11-29-2004, 03:00 PM
YEs I am sure you can upgrade..a park hopper to a annual pass..and I think you can do it at the ticket booths between the parks..(this is what I was told a few years ago)..hope this helps

kisroo
11-29-2004, 04:38 PM
A ticket office in the Esplanade.
Certainly no one here will do it.

sediment~STOP that!! Pretty soon, I'm going to have to pay you for the laughs you provide!!! :p

OK~sediment's right, we can't upgrade here, but when I was there in June I took my ticket to the Passholder Ticket area (it was next to the now unused Space Mt exit), paid the difference, and received my Annual Pass. Easy as pie.

A couple of things that I didn't know (kind woman at Guest Relations told me the following hints):
If you have a multiday pass, you don't have to upgrade to the Annual pass until the last day~and you still get the fulll amount of the ticket. This does 2 things that I can think of right now. One, if your last day is a Blockout day, if you had upgraded your ticket prior, you wouldn't be able to get in without paying. Two, it extends the length of your AP. It becomes valid from the day you buy it and NOT the first day of your ticket. That could give you an extra 7 days on an 8 day passport... I thought it was really nice of her to suggest this to me when I asked about upgrading.

Have fun everyone! And remember, it's APer NOT AP'er! :~D :cool:
~kisroo:)

Earkid
11-29-2004, 04:56 PM
Two, it extends the length of your AP. It becomes valid from the day you buy it and NOT the first day of your ticket. That could give you an extra 7 days on an 8 day passport

You might want to double check this. When I upgraded, the expiration date was the first day I used the parkhopper
NOT the day I upgraded. My first day in the park was the 22nd but I upgraded on the 26th, my last day in the park and my exp date is the 22nd. They may have changed that policy but that is what happened when I upgraded a year ago.

Also, if you have any special features on your parkhopper ticket, ie. special use of fastpasses, those will not be available on the AP. We had a thread on this recently but I'm not sure how to link it here. Let me go find it.

Hi Kisroo!! *waving*

Earkid
11-29-2004, 05:04 PM
I just bumped the older thread up for ya. It was started by Mommy2....

kisroo
11-29-2004, 05:04 PM
Huh. That's wierd, Earkid. And not very fair. I double checked my AP and it does expire on the day I upgraded~the last day of the ticket I had used. :confused: Maybe I just got a nice CM?
And, yes, I forgot to mention that you lose any special attachments to your parkhopper (i.e. parking, ESPN Zone card...) if you upgrade.

:WavestoEarkid: HI! :D

tod
11-29-2004, 05:09 PM
[R]emember, it's APer NOT AP'er! :~D :cool:

I use "AP" regardless, for Annual Passport or Annual Passholder depending on context.

YMMV.

--t

Surfingstitch
11-29-2004, 05:19 PM
Thanks everyone.

I am glad that I know where to go now.

I just didn't want to waste anytime once I got there.