PDA

View Full Version : Zocalo BBQ

drjones
11-29-2004, 11:12 AM
where now, can I get my BBQ ribs now that Rancho Del Zocalo nixed them?

sami869
11-29-2004, 11:21 AM
At the park next door at the Taste Pilots' Grill?

MrsG
11-29-2004, 11:35 AM
And what about the BBQ chicken?

Stupid_American
11-29-2004, 05:39 PM
Upon my disappointment at Zocalo, I headed to Test Pilot.
Unfortunately, I believe they are a slightly different recipe.
Plus,....no cornbread, beans or refills (I guess that's actually a minus).

The Test Pilot's new automated ordering machine is a kick!
The staff waits for all the patrons to figure out the system.
They need to change their slogan to "Where [ordering] great food is rocket science"!

Good news was that I hit a jackpot.
The machine spit out my change twice!

Had it been a clerk, I would have brought the error to their attention.
But, because of the automation, and the delays created by the new system, I really didn't want to wait for the error to be worked out.

I was told that the ribs in the "Zero Bowl", at the French Market, are the same.

rentayenta
11-29-2004, 06:26 PM
Where is Zocalo BBQ located? In all my 36 years of visiting DL I cannot for life of me picture this place?

experiment626
11-29-2004, 06:36 PM
Where is Zocalo BBQ located? In all my 36 years of visiting DL I cannot for life of me picture this place?
Well apparently it doesn't anymore :D Rancho Del Zocalo is the Mexican Food Restaurant next to the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

Andrew
11-29-2004, 06:39 PM
Rancho del Zocalo is in the location formerly occupied by Casa Mexicana.

rentayenta
11-29-2004, 06:43 PM
Was Casa Mexicana the Fritos sponsered place? My memory has much to be desired ;)

kisroo
11-29-2004, 06:43 PM

It was 1/2 of the blasphemous "refurbished" resturant that possessed the spot in which my beloved Casa Mexicana used to create delicious mexi-cali foods. :mad:

The other half~the mexican half~is apparently still there, but is still no Casa Mexicana! :geek: ;)

edit: Looks like Andrew said it a little nicer than I... :p

Rancho del Zocalo is in the location formerly occupied by Casa Mexicana.

Wendi
11-29-2004, 06:50 PM
Well, you've got a little while left to get Zero's Bowl O' Bones at the French Market... that'll give you your rib & chicken fix.

Stupid_American
11-29-2004, 06:59 PM
Next to the Shootin' Gallery!
Rancho del Zocalo entrance (http://home.pacbell.net/dagravy/rancho.jpg)

rentayenta
11-29-2004, 07:02 PM
Got it! Thanks :)

JeffG
11-29-2004, 09:03 PM
If you don't mind leaving the parks for a while, there is also a Tony Romas right across Harbor Blvd. It is a very short walk from the parks (it is a bit closer than the Disneyland and Paradise Pier hotels).

-Jeff

D-lander 1956
11-30-2004, 09:18 AM
Was Casa Mexicana the Fritos sponsered place? My memory has much to be desired ;)

No, no, renta you are right on with your memory. Many years ago the Zocala was the Casa de Fritos. They had the little vending bandito where you could buy a bag of Fritos. Look here (http://www.yesterland.com/casafritos.html) to further jog your memory. :p

rentayenta
11-30-2004, 11:49 AM
Thank you D-lander! I totally remember Casa Mexicana.

Opus1guy
11-30-2004, 12:27 PM
This is going back a whole lotta years, but back in the old days Casa de Fritos/Mexicana was the only onstage restaurant that working Cast Members could dine at. Anyone know if that exception still holds true?

nursemelis374
11-30-2004, 03:10 PM
How long are they having Zero's bowl of bones? Through the rest of HMH's run?

Earkid
11-30-2004, 04:44 PM
How long are they having Zero's bowl of bones? Through the rest of HMH's run?

Or until supplies last.......... :D

magicpointeshoe
11-30-2004, 07:17 PM
Zero's bowl of bones

I first saw the picture of that and thought "no way would I order that" especially if I could get the BBQ elsewhere. Apparently the satalite disney pies read my thought and got rid of that BBQ! :rolleyes: I must go make a new tinfoil hat...

My point being, now that bowl o'bones is looking rather yummy now. :D