PDA

View Full Version : Pre Trip Report - December 4-8, 2004 upcoming trip!

tlovesdis
11-29-2004, 07:29 AM
Oh my! Is it really almost time to go????? I have been planning this very special trip since May. That’s 7 months ago!!! My cousins and I are all huge Disney fans and we took a trip together to the Disneyland Resort last October. We had so much fun that we decided we wanted to do it again!! This time we wanted to experience the resort at Christmastime! So after throwing around dates, we came to the conclusion that the only time we could go was the beginning of December. So we chose December 4-8, not know that was the Candlelight weekend, but that’s ok. It was also nice because the 8th is my birthday!!!

So on May 25th I booked our trip online through the Disneyland website. We decided to splurge this year (I’ll get to that in a minute)!! We booked a theme park view at the Disneyland Hotel. It was a lot more than we are used to paying, but we know it is going to be well worth it!

Let me explain a little as to why this is such a special trip! My oldest cousin, Cindy, was diagnosed with breast cancer in March. She immediately had a mastectomy in the beginning of April. Her birthday is April 25th and before all of this happened she had a trip planned to celebrate her 40th at Disneyland. Unfortunately due to money and time concerns her sister and I couldn’t go, but her mom and other sister were going with her. Well, after the whole breast cancer thing, her sister and I decided about 3 days before Cindy’s birthday, that we were going to get down there and surprise Cindy for her birthday. So on Friday April 23rd, I called and made a reservation for one night at the Disneyland Hotel. On Sunday morning at 3am, we loaded up my car with my niece, Lenette’s 2 kids, Lenette, and myself! We got to Disneyland at 9am. We couldn’t check in yet so we went to Karen’s room (the other sister who knew we were coming). We freshened up a bit and then headed over to Cindy’s room to surprise her.

First, a little something about her room! After her breast cancer surgery, Lenette called the Disneyland Hotel to see if they could do something special for Cindy when she checked in. She ended up talking to someone in Vacation Planning that had a sister going through the same thing! They talked for a long time and this person told Lenette she would make sure Cindy got something special. Lenette figured it would be some flowers in her room or something like that, but it turned out to be a huge suite! They upgraded her to this massive suite with a huge bathroom and a super view of the resort. It was on the top floor of the Sierra Tower. Cindy called Lenette on Friday to tell her all about it! Cindy couldn’t figure out why they gave it to her! Eventually she found out about Lenette’s call to the resort.

So anyway, we knocked on her door and when she opened it we yelled surprise and everyone cried and it was just fabulous! We spent the day at Disneyland and drove home the next day. It was a quick trip, but totally worth it!

So when Cindy found out that she would be all done with chemo and radiation right before our planned trip, we decided to really do it up! We booked plane tickets instead of driving. We booked a limo instead of a shuttle. We are doing 3 character meals while we are there (One is a surprise for Cindy! She loves Stitch and when I found out about the new Stitch breakfast at the Paradise Pier Hotel, I made a reservation, but she doesn’t know about it!!)! We are having massages at Eureka Springs Spa one morning. And basically we are just going to have the time of our lives!!!

We pretty much have a game plan set up for our trip. When we realized the CP would be the first weekend we are there and then that Monday & Tuesday the park closes early, we started making plans! Who knows if we will stick with them or not, but it doesn’t matter because we will all be together in our favorite place for 5 whole days!!!

When we return I will post my very detailed trip report!

This is going to be a trip of a lifetime and I am so glad to be sharing it with my cousins!!!!

JosieGirl71
11-29-2004, 09:10 AM
I have been following your posts and the news about your cousin. I am so glad she is through with treatment and will keep her in my prayers.

Your trip sounds like just what the doctor ordered! I would love to have a trip like that with "just the girls"! The limo, character meals and massages sound especially wonderful. I would love to do a character meal but boys just kind of crinkle their noses at the thought of it (they are too cool). :cool:

Are you even getting any sleep? I don't sleep well anyway but I know that I will be a mess when we have less than a week to go. Thankfully, my last day of work will be the 10th and we don't leave until the 15th (but we will be staying at a hotel near the airport the night before).

Have fun and enjoy your time with the girls!!! :D

rentayenta
11-29-2004, 11:04 AM
tloves, your excitement comes through in your writing! I am so very excited for you and your cousins. I think your whole trip sounds awesome from the limo to the massages. I would love to take a girls' trip that included massages. I am expecting an equally detailed trip report ;) I know you are going to have the best time ever! I think its an added bonus that you'll be there over Candlelight.

sediment
11-29-2004, 11:13 AM
Do note that DL will be closing early on 6th and 7th. DCA should be open later than that on those nights.

tlovesdis
11-29-2004, 11:56 AM
Do note that DL will be closing early on 6th and 7th. DCA should be open later than that on those nights.

Actually both parks are only open from 10am - 6pm on the 6th & 7th. We will be staying in the parks until closing, then hitting Downtwon Disney for shopping and dinner and one night we are going to see The Incredibles!!!

tlovesdis
11-29-2004, 12:00 PM
tloves, your excitement comes through in your writing! I am so very excited for you and your cousins. I think your whole trip sounds awesome from the limo to the massages. I would love to take a girls' trip that included massages. I am expecting an equally detailed trip report ;) I know you are going to have the best time ever! I think its an added bonus that you'll be there over Candlelight.

Thanks Renta! I LOVE writing about Disneyland!