PDA

View Full Version : Holiday fireworks recommendations?

rkbarlow
11-29-2004, 06:21 AM
We will be at Disenyland this Thurs & Fri. with our 3 kids, ages 6, 8, & 10. This will be our first time for the fireworks show during the holidays. Any sugesstions for good locations for our kids, especially for the snow? How long before the show should we stake out a spot? TIA

oregontraveler
11-29-2004, 06:47 AM
Obviously you get the full effect on Main Street. Most of the fireworks are to the left towards Frontierland. I watched from the Mark Twain entrance one night, and it was OK, less crowded. Later, I went up to the Disney Gallery, the CM said that the balcony was a great spot when they didn't have Fantasmic, which may great in your case. The Gallery is above Pirates. Check out the park map to see where the "snow fall" locations are.

Darkbeer
11-29-2004, 11:40 AM
My recommendation, find the Penny Arcade on Main Street, and stand on the street in that area, you want to be on the right side of the street (not the sidewalk). The fireworks can be seen on the left side of the Castle. But the reason to be here is the snow, the lighting on Main Street makes the snow effect much better, and standing with buildings surrounding you adds to the effect.

zugzug15
11-29-2004, 11:43 AM
anywhere as long as there isnt wind.... (still bitter)

haha. anywhere on mainstreet is good. if you dont mind missing the snow or just want to watch the fireworks (cant really hear the music) try standing by the disease ball over by the entrance to space mountain. you get a great view of the fireworks going off just above the matterhorn.

DLRCM
11-29-2004, 12:10 PM
My recommendation, find the Penny Arcade on Main Street, and stand on the street in that area, you want to be on the right side of the street (not the sidewalk). The fireworks can be seen on the left side of the Castle. But the reason to be here is the snow, the lighting on Main Street makes the snow effect much better, and standing with buildings surrounding you adds to the effect.

I definately agree. Main street uses the best lighting to get the entire effect of the snow. They also choreograph the fireworks with them to be viewed in front of the castle, so to view them from the way they were meant to be, go to main street.

Hopefully, there are no windy nights when you are there. I was just there last night, and due to high winds, they cancelled the show. Luckily, whenever the fireworks are cancelled, they still do the snow. So cross your fingers!

SteveK
11-29-2004, 12:55 PM
Try toward the end of Main Street near the Kodak shop. Stand slightly to the right side of the street (if you're facing the castle). This should give you a clear view of everything and it keeps the tree on the left side from blocking your view. I've seen a certain famous Disneyland Piano player stand there a few times...if anyone knows a good spot, I imagine it's him. In addition, you'll still be able to enjoy the "snow".
-Steve

kbanmen
11-29-2004, 12:56 PM
Main Street (where darkbeer said) is where I found the best viewing for the fireworks/snow..we usually are around that point..Have fun at it..it is worth seeing

daLowe
11-29-2004, 02:18 PM
We watched it twice last week. First, on Thanksgiving day, from near the entrance to Tomorrowland, to the right of the hub. Then Friday we watched it from the base of the hub, right in the center of Main Street.

I actually thought the view was better from the right. From where we were Thursday, the fireworks seemed more centered over the castle. On Friday, I was surprised by how far to the left of center the fireworks were.

We also saw them Wednesday night, but not from inside. We were just coming from the electrical parade in DCA when the fireworks started. A LOT of people were watching them from the area between the parks -- in fact, there were a ton of people stopped to watch the fireworks inside DCA between the bridge & the entrance. The view is OK, but you don't get the music.

It's really a great show either way though.

kbanmen
11-29-2004, 02:39 PM
you got to listen to the music though...I love it with the music

TikiGeek
11-29-2004, 05:22 PM
I've seen a certain famous Disneyland Piano player stand there a few times...if anyone knows a good spot, I imagine it's him. In addition, you'll still be able to enjoy the "snow".
-Steve
In Rod we trust ;)

lisap
11-29-2004, 06:07 PM
We like to get a little closer to the action near the Castle--we usually go to a bench on the hub facing the Castle on the Tomorrowland side. Not too close, or you won't be able to see everything behind it. The downside to this spot is that the snow machines and light effects by the hub are not as cool as down on Main Street. We are not huge snow people, so we dont' miss it--and the view from the hub looking down to the tree at the end of Main Street with the snow swirling around is stunning.

People all have their favorite spot. :)

Melaniee
11-29-2004, 08:58 PM
We watched from the right side of the tree last month. We could see okay and were close enough to walk over to the "snow" (aka bubbles? Has it always been bubbles? In any case, the big bonus to this spot, for our son, was it was near the exit point for many of the characters leaving for the night. He got to see more than we'd ever seen!

SoCalDude
11-30-2004, 11:43 AM
We stood in front of the castle - had a GREAT view of the fireworks and the "snow" was great.

http://www.maj.com/gallery/mfuss903/Disneyland/11-17-04/dsc00014.jpg

Just sand by one of those light poles, thats where the snow-bubbles come from in that area.

rentayenta
11-30-2004, 11:52 AM
OMGosh!!!!! Thank you for the pic SoCalDude. I am gonna bawl like a baby. Coaster better bring Kleenex.

Disneyfreak
11-30-2004, 04:12 PM
anywhere as long as there isnt wind.... (still bitter)

haha. anywhere on mainstreet is good. if you dont mind missing the snow or just want to watch the fireworks (cant really hear the music) try standing by the disease ball over by the entrance to space mountain. you get a great view of the fireworks going off just above the matterhorn.

It is better if you stand on the balcony of innoventions and face matterhorn. You will have to enter innoventions then go to the exit at the top.

kbanmen
11-30-2004, 04:34 PM
[
Just sand by one of those light poles, thats where the snow-bubbles come from in that area.[/QUOTE]

This is a good good picture of the castle with the snow..thanks for sharing it :)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-30-2004, 09:49 PM

I agree with Darkbeer, just be to the right side of the street on Main Street. You want to watch the fireworks over the Castle, as somone else said, they are meant to be viewed from looking at the Castle. I personally don't like seeing the snow come out of the lights, I liked seeing it just fall. That is a great spot for that.