PDA

View Full Version : Going in April: Where to stay?

orangechicken
11-28-2004, 06:59 PM
My mom and I are planning on going the third week of april for 3 nights. Where are some good places to stay? I've looked at Hilton Garden Inn, Anabella Hotel, and Paradise Pier. I don't know much about the hotels, so any input would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

junglejoy
11-28-2004, 08:40 PM
What are you looking for? People here are very helpful, but you need to give us a little to go on. Do you want to stay within walking distance or will you drive your car or take a shuttle? What kind of budget do you have? Do you need breakfast? Room service? High-speed interent? Do you care about the pool?

Anything you can tell us about what you want will be helpful. I know that HoJo's is recommended here a lot, and I have to agree. It's a great property at a great location. Clean, affordable with a helpful staff, but there are other nice places too.

Darkbeer
11-28-2004, 09:36 PM
I second the HoJo's for price, and what they offer...... :)

stan4d_steph
11-29-2004, 05:26 AM
I would suggest checking out some of the reviews on the MousePlanet Review System (http://www.mouseplanet.com/reviews) as well.

MrsG
11-29-2004, 08:17 AM
I have good friends who just rave about the Anabella Hotel, though I haven't tried it myself. We are DLH loyalists.

junglejoy
11-29-2004, 08:25 AM
stan4d_steph, I have that SNL episode on my DVR (Dish's version of Tivo). Sorry, I don't have PM so I'm just responding here. I don't know how I could download it to a computer, but I will check with DH. It's a great episode!

orangechicken
11-29-2004, 02:09 PM
Here are some guidelines:
- $200 or less a night
- Walking Distance OR a shuttle
- Don't really care about room service, pool, amenities, or breakfast
- A moderate to upscale hotel

These are just approx., anything can be changed or increased/decreased. Thanks!

Stupid_American
11-29-2004, 03:25 PM
I made a page for locating hotels, relative to the entrances of the park.

Disney Perimeter Hotels (http://home.pacbell.net/dagravy/index)