PDA

View Full Version : Fun things to do?

PrettyNTiNK
11-28-2004, 09:11 AM
Hey, I'm going to DL/DCA next week and I am really excited! We're staying in the Grand Californian for 5 days and I wanted to make the most of this trip!

I once read something about getting up early to be able to watch the waters in Grizzly Peak get turned on. Does anyone know anything about this?

Do you have any suggestions for fun souvenir to get, there are four of us and my sister(9) and I(15) are the only kids.

Is there any parades/experiences/shows we should go to?

Thanks! Anymore fun suggestions are welcome!

Earkid
11-28-2004, 10:23 AM
WOW, where to begin?.........Don't miss the corn dogs and churros.

Lots of holiday stuff goin on. See the parades and fireworks, possibly take the holiday tour? Definately go on Haunted Mansion Holiday and then go eat at the restaurant that serves food in the Zero Bowls. That would be a unique souvenir.

Have fun, I will be there in less than two weeks.

DisneyDon
11-28-2004, 11:00 AM
Try to see Drawn to the Magic. It is a street show in DCA, in front of the animation building. It is a fun show to watch, and see a few characters.

There is so much to do. I love staying at the Grand Californian. My wife and I stayed there in June. You are going to have a blast!

kbanmen
11-28-2004, 11:15 AM
make sure you see the christmas parade and fireworks at DL and of COURSE...the electric Light parade at DCA..oh yeah..MAKE SURE YOU RIDE THE TOWER OF TERROR (my favorite ride...can you tell?)

Uncle Remus
11-28-2004, 02:14 PM
Kmatsumura i just noticed u like to post a lot (completely off topic) 36 posts a day... wow
oh and things to do: See Rod Miller on main street,
go on big thunder in the last car and look backwards while on the ride (the cms love that... :), lastly go on a ride u have not gone on in awhile (for me that would be everything in fantasyland)

kbanmen
11-28-2004, 02:28 PM
Kmatsumura i just noticed u like to post a lot (completely off topic) 36 posts a day... wow
go on big thunder in the last car and look backwards while on the ride (the cms love that... :), lastly go on a ride u have not gone on in awhile (for me that would be everything in fantasyland)

Ok uncle Remus I do post alot ..sorry...I just like to get involved thats all..AM I off topic..ALL THE TIME??

Wendi
11-28-2004, 02:38 PM
GCH will give you a little newsletter each night for events the following day. They offer a lot of exclusive things, you might enjoy some of them, so be sure to check it out!!!

Definitely watch the fireworks and enjoy the snow effect.

Electrical Parade is one of my favorites... ah the nostalgia...

Try out some rides or shows that you haven't seen before, or go check out the scenery at the Disneyland Hotel - like the motorboats, koi ponds, or water show.

If you have a favorite ride, go on it... twice in a row!

Take pictures!!! Eat someplace new... Yamabuki is excellent if you like Japanese food!!! Hug your favorite character!!! Ask to ride in the nosecone or tailcone on the monorail. Ask if you can "pilot" the Mark Twain Riverboat.

Earkid
11-28-2004, 02:40 PM

Is there a limit as to how many times we can post? Didn't know that. :confused:

Everyone derails every once in a while, but I don't think she derails more than others. I'm not quite sure why she is being singled out. I think she just enjoys this board, especially when her DH is out of town and she needs company. I'm glad she likes our company.

:)

kbanmen
11-28-2004, 02:44 PM
Thanks ear kid..I dont think there is a limit..I do enjoy these boards alot.. thanks for bearing with me

Uncle Remus
11-28-2004, 02:57 PM
actually i was adding that because i was off topic, i didnt mean that ur off topic
sorry i was just noticing things

kbanmen
11-28-2004, 02:58 PM
thats ok Uncle remus...but you are right about me (post tooo much) and i can be off topic (like I am right now)..hmmmmmmm

oregontraveler
11-29-2004, 07:40 AM
It would seem you could see Grizzly River waters from your hotel room or somewhere close. Not sure about early entry. I'm big on the pressed pennies and lapel pins for cheap souviners. Chack out the holiday lights, and if you have time, try the holiday tour. I loved the musical entertainment at Disneyland: Dapper Dans, Rod Miller & Billy Hill. There are great character sightings over at DCA: Incredibles, Sully, Cruella deVil, Stitch & Mulan. I saw Santa Goofy, Pluto & Chip 'N Dale over at Club Buzz at night. Very surreal seeing them jump around with the kids listening to No Doubt covers. Tower of Terror is very popular, go there first before the other rides.

11-29-2004, 08:20 AM
you are right about me (post tooo much)

Whatever you do, do not look at my post count without your altitude sickness meds handy!

Fun things to do at Disneyland and DCA? What is not fun, that's what I'd like to know!

Stupid_American
11-29-2004, 01:17 PM
Step away from the crowds and spend a little time exploring the lobby and grounds of the original Disneyland Hotel (http://home.pacbell.net/dagravy//disneyslide/index.htm) .
There's plenty of sights and lots of history.

the mad hatter
11-29-2004, 02:01 PM
I originally wrote something that was already said.. so i'm editing it.

so yeah....(awkward post silence)...anyways back to the thread

I have to wonder why you have to ask about fun things to do at Disneyland. I repeat...at Disneyland. ;)

kbanmen
11-29-2004, 02:07 PM
this is true this is disneyland.. You can always find great fun things to do there..