PDA

View Full Version : National Treasure... A soon-to-be attaction at DL?

disneyhound
11-27-2004, 07:38 AM
My Bother and I took all the kids to see National Treasure on Turkey Day!

We both had a similar reaction, good film, would make a good backdrop to a new themed-ride at DL.

We both thought of the wooden stair/elevator set from the movie...

Anyone else...

experiment626
11-27-2004, 08:43 AM
My mom thought the same thing. I see an Incredibles ride with use of the people mover track.

kbanmen
11-27-2004, 08:46 AM
I want to see this movie..I can hardley wait to see it

disneyhound
11-27-2004, 09:07 AM
I want to see this movie..I can hardley wait to see it

It was really well done, everyone in our group enjoyed it!

Similar genre to the Indy films, I like the idea of clues and treasure.

Must be why I like Myst so much...

Uncle Remus
11-27-2004, 01:09 PM
well the reviewer on this site didnt seem to like it too much... here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/screenreviews/sr041119as.htm)

disneyperson
11-27-2004, 01:20 PM
I was not going to see this movie because the premise seemed too silly and I'm not a Nicholas Cage action movie fan. But after it got a good review in our paper from a critic I often agree with, I think I'll give it a try. It just might be fun.

disneyhound
11-27-2004, 01:28 PM
well the reviewer on this site didnt seem to like it too much... here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/screenreviews/sr041119as.htm)

I read the review, sounds as if the reviewer is more impressed with himself than most anything else. He should put away the thesaurus...

I did agree with the reviewer about Nick's performance. However; it was a fun escape IMHO. ;)

Viva La Disney
11-27-2004, 02:18 PM
I sure hope they don't make either one of their new movies into rides,because every movie disney makes should not be turned into a ride at Disneyland,and if it does come to that, then disney will have to hire some new imagineers.

disneyhound
11-27-2004, 07:19 PM
I sure hope they don't make either one of their new movies into rides...

If it is a good ride, does the theme borrowed from a movie discount it?

What was the last ride constructed at DL not from a movie, a book, or WDW?

CoasterChickie
11-27-2004, 07:31 PM
If they made a ride at DL based on the elevator scene, I think they'd have to have a pretty hefty insurance policy! :~D

P.S. I'm surprised people don't like this movie. I guess I just don't take movies that seriously. They're better entertainment than cooking and cleaning ! :)

sambo
11-27-2004, 09:01 PM
At DCA maybe - but NOT at DL...

disneyhound
11-28-2004, 09:25 AM
I guess I just don't take movies that seriously. They're better entertainment than cooking and cleaning ! :)

Absolutely! Movies that take us on a journey, whatever the idea/plot, that keep you from looking at your watch, keep you bound up in the imagery/story, that's Hollywood at it's best... IMHO

Hey, I laughed, I cried, What else do you want... :D

mystycalchyk
11-29-2004, 09:17 AM
It was a bit hokey but enjoyable, not attraction worthy. It would be passe in no time. It takes a classic to make an attraction IMO.

the mad hatter
11-29-2004, 10:19 AM
if Disney made a ride based on national treasure then i've convinced they have monkeys working in WDI behind the scenes. Next we would see a live stunt show based on the alamo..lol

TheMur
11-29-2004, 01:35 PM
I had heard a rumor that the movie was based upon one of the proposed attractions at the unpopular park proposed for the Virginia area.

Instead of billions of dollars of treasure at the end of the hunt, you got to a pin store! :D