PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland today the 26th

kbanmen
11-26-2004, 02:50 PM
I was at the employee Company D store and someone behind me stated that ALL the parking LOTS at disneyland were COMPLETELY FULL..she said she hasnt seen it this busy for about 3 years or so.

Just thought I would pass this on if anyone wants to go today

disneyperson
11-26-2004, 03:07 PM
I'm not surprised. The only time I ever had a bad day at DL was the day after Thanksgiving.Granted, there were no fast passes then,but it was whole lot of no fun.

kbanmen
11-26-2004, 03:11 PM
I dont like crowds..my hubby is the opposite..he says crwods is what makes the magic even better..hmmmm..of course he said this before we had our 4 and 2 year old..It is no fun for me standing in a long line up with a kid on each hand screaming and screaming..

rentayenta
11-26-2004, 03:22 PM
I don't mind the crowds either. That's probably why we are going during the second busiest week of the year :D

kbanmen
11-26-2004, 03:46 PM
the crowds never use to bother me at all until the 4 and 2 year old came along..its sooo hard waiting in line with the 2 of them..'cause they dont understand you have to wait to go on a ride (my 4 year is now understanding this a bit though)..

rentayenta
11-26-2004, 03:53 PM
I have 3 kids (7,5 and 3). There are a few little tricks that I have learned to keep them occupied and happy in line.

1. Dum Dum suckers. They are cheap and my kids will eat pretty decently during meals so these little suckers are no biggie.

2. Silly putty.

3. Bubbles. Make sure not to blow them on people but they are a hit in FantasyLand.

4. I Spy.

There is a thread in the Parenting Forum that lists more.

kbanmen
11-26-2004, 03:57 PM
I have 3 kids (7,5 and 3). There are a few little tricks that I have learned to keep them occupied and happy in line.

1. Dum Dum suckers. They are cheap and my kids will eat pretty decently during meals so these little suckers are no biggie.

2. Silly putty.

3. Bubbles. Make sure not to blow them on people but they are a hit in FantasyLand.

4. I Spy.

There is a thread in the Parenting Forum that lists more.

thanks for the tips..never thought of these..I will try them next time

sediment
11-26-2004, 05:48 PM
I was at the employee Company D store and someone behind me stated that ALL the parking LOTS at disneyland were COMPLETELY FULL..she said she hasnt seen it this busy for about 3 years or so.

Just thought I would pass this on if anyone wants to go today
There's a reason it's blocked out on Silver CM passes.
It was probably this busy on 4-July.

CoasterChickie
11-26-2004, 06:24 PM
1. Dum Dum suckers.

(These better not end up on me :(

2. Silly putty.

(This better not end up on me) :(

(these can end up on me) :)

4. I Spy.

(okay, I'll play) :)

P.S. Should I bring the comic section to go with the silly putty? :D

DCAWhites
11-26-2004, 11:03 PM
I heard pumbaa was being parked at 9am. Now THAT'd something. They only use it when timon is filled up, or expected to fill up that day (to prevent having to send people to the parking structure i assume). I wonder how the week before new years will be. I expect them to park guests in the convention center.

rentayenta
11-27-2004, 11:42 AM
[B]

You're a freak dude ;) You'll eat Dum Dums and like it :~D

Saratoga75
11-27-2004, 12:17 PM
Well I am headed there tomorrow the 28th, so we'll have to see how the crowds are then. I figured Friday and Saturday were the most packed, with people returning home from the holiday weekend, i expect attendance to drop on Sunday.

kohl
11-27-2004, 01:30 PM
We are leaving tomorrow morning also. This is our 4th year going the Sunday after Thanksgiving. We have noticed that Sunday is a little crowded, but as the week goes on it isn't that busy. I hope it isn't crowded this year also!

I Heart Disneyland!
11-27-2004, 01:39 PM
All this talk about going to Disneyland is making me SO jealous!!!! I'd even eat Dum Dums and play with Silly Putty if I could go !!! Boo hoo!!! ;)

kbanmen
11-27-2004, 03:58 PM
I heard pumbaa was being parked at 9am. Now THAT'd something. They only use it when timon is filled up, or expected to fill up that day (to prevent having to send people to the parking structure i assume). I wonder how the week before new years will be. I expect them to park guests in the convention center.

When DCA first opened//I had to park in the convention center (it was when it was preview day for AP holders)

rentayenta
11-27-2004, 05:00 PM
All this talk about going to Disneyland is making me SO jealous!!!! I'd even eat Dum Dums and play with Silly Putty if I could go !!! Boo hoo!!! ;)

Well c'mon then. It'll be you, me and Sister Christian (aka CoasterChickie) ;) :D The more the merrier!