PDA

View Full Version : Muppets and Ashanti

ozbeauticn
11-26-2004, 09:24 AM
We just got back from a few days down at DLR, and my boyfriend was so excited to find out that the Muppets would be there filming the Disneyland portion of the Christmas Special. We got to see Ashanti mess the words to her song up numerous times, then on Monday we got to see Kermit, Miss Piggy, and Gonzo all with the actual performers from the movies and all. It made my boyfriends year! (He's a big muppet freak...) Did anyone else see these? I was surprised to come back and see nothing here about it. Maybe no one else had to sit around from 8am til 3pm hoping to see something good?

kbanmen
11-26-2004, 09:27 AM
where exactly were they filiming this? You are soo lucky to have seen this..I always miss things..I lvoe the muppets as well

Animalia
11-26-2004, 11:34 AM
We got to see Ashanti mess the words to her song up numerous times,

It's nice to know she doesn't lip-sinc her songs even for a pre recorded holiday special. :)

Earkid
11-26-2004, 12:38 PM
Did anyone else see these? I was surprised to come back and see nothing here about it. Maybe no one else had to sit around from 8am til 3pm hoping to see something good?

Go to the "Your Daily Pictures from Disneyland" thread. Richard posted pictures of the happenings earlier this week.

Glad you had a good time. It looked like fun! :D

Uncle Remus
11-26-2004, 02:20 PM
Ya and also i saw a disneyland update here (or miceage) that talked about the muppets and ashanti

ozbeauticn
11-26-2004, 04:48 PM
I did a search for "muppets" and nothing showed up, but I found those pictures now. The whole time I was there, there weren't any kids that seemed upset seeing they were puppets. The only upset kids were the ones who's mom made them stand there all day to be on tv instead of going on rides. Also, my boyfriend found some way to sneak into Plaza Inn and we got some awesome pictures.

We hadn't seen the parade yet, so I kept telling my mom "Don't look!" as it rolled around and around the hub for each take.

Baloo
11-27-2004, 03:39 PM
Speaking of the Muppets. Does anyone think Disney will do anything at California Adventure to celebrate Kermits 50th Birthday? Isn't coming up this coming year. Although nothing big was done for Mikey's 75th birthday. Maybe they could do a calvacade like they did for Mickey.

SuefromRI
11-27-2004, 06:30 PM
Saw the pictures of the Muppets during filming. If I had a young child I wouldn't want them to see the "reality" of the Muppets. But, my 23 year old daughter, my 17 year old son and I are huge Muppet fans, and would have loved to "see" them in "person" and how they work together. Last year for Christmas my husband couldn't belieive that I was buying them the new DVD version of Muppets Christmas (the one at Fozzie's moms house) cuz the one we had we taped off TV like 15 years ago. They were thrilled. He also couldn't believe that in March while in WDW we went into Muppets 4D for the hundreth time, but missed the pre-show part, so that they had to return later just to see that part.

uvsc_wolverine
11-27-2004, 08:43 PM
I saw the pictures on the dldhistory site. That's just wrong. It's like the day I found out that Bill Gates is really a robot from another galaxy...I was so disillusioned.